Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    My grandfather had one business. It did not go bankrupt. By that logic, he was a MUCH better business person than Trump, because 100% non-bankruptcy rate is unbeatable.
    I'm sorry, my friend, but that is not how logic works.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I mean... Wells is so close to having something to argue about, but I'm guessing he doesn't know the actual polling methods he's trying to criticize so he can only address their record as an indirect criticism.
    You know, for someone who wants to act like I'm engaged in logical fallacies, you're flirting with them pretty hard yourself.

So, do you think their poor record is irrelevant when they produce results outside the normal results we're seeing from other polling outfits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God bless MMO-Champ, where a pointing out a pollster's poor record is a logical fallacy as long as the wrong person is doing it.
    If anything Rasmussen is a left leaning source. The polling is taken from 1000 likely voters. Random polling is random. You need to figure some things out.

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    On the contrary, everyone thought Trump was a joke candidate until he started debating the other Republicans. Suddenly shoo-ins like Jeb Bush seemed like limp fish and the public started to rally behind Trump.

On the other side, Hillary polled reasonably well in the 2008 elections until she opened her mouth. It didn't take long for Obama to make her look like a fool.
    Actually, Trump jumped in the polls before the debates. His debate performances were rather weak, as he didn't offer much in the way of actual substance.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, my friend, but that is not how logic works.
    So you admit that your earlier retort was BS? Great, I'm glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If anything Rasmussen is a left leaning source. The polling is taken from 1000 likely voters. Random polling is random. You need to figure some things out.
    Rasmussen is a Republican pollster. He has always been right leaning, and always will be. Their methods have been shown to be seriously lacking. They got 2012 so wrong, that most sane people stopped paying much attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you admit that your earlier retort was BS? Great, I'm glad we agree.
    I'm not sure if you're just pretending to be stupid, but Trump has undergone the process of building up a business five hundred times. Of these, four of those times were objective failures. Your hypothetical grandfather did it once and was successful once. Even with four failures, Trump would have far more reputability than your grandfather because he's demonstrated success four hundred and ninety five more times.

Don't act dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Actually, Trump jumped in the polls before the debates. His debate performances were rather weak, as he didn't offer much in the way of actual substance.
    Trump was rising prior, but his rise accelerated when he debated. One could argue the debates helped him win states Ted Cruz was supposedly guaranteed to take.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if you're just pretending to be stupid, but Trump has undergone the process of building up a business five hundred times. Of these, four of those times were objective failures. Your hypothetical grandfather did it once and was successful once. Even with four failures, Trump would have far more reputability than your grandfather because he's demonstrated success four hundred and ninety five more times.

Don't act dumb.

So again, you admit that your baseball analogy was garbage?

Again, it is hard to argue with someone who refuses to see trumps racism and xenophobia, despite being provided evidence multiple times.

Your world simply doesn't exist, and I have trouble believing anything you say at all.

Trump has erected about five hundred businesses. Of these, four went bankrupt. If you had that batting average in baseball you'd be the greatest player in the history of the sport.

The rest of that bolded post is sheer stupidity. You may as well say Trump's secretly made of evil nanomachines and wants to enact social Darwinism.
    This is one thing I keep hearing Trump supporters say that I really need explained. Now it is one thing to be the primary financial backer that lets you slap your name on a business while someone else actually runs it . As long as you got money a person could "erect" 1000 businesses! (doesn't that just make you an investor tho?)

But there is no way in hell one person actually ran and managed 500 business. No. Way. In. Hell. There isn't enough time, at all.

And for the record, a college level course in statistics/polling show that it's very easy to skew answers by changing the questions.

To take a very sarcastical example, an opinion poll about the love toward King Georges III would have very different results if the question had been ''do you love the secretely papist german alleged King ?'' vs ''do you love your legitimate and glorious ruler''

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    This is one thing I keep hearing Trump supporters say that I really need explained. Now it is one thing to be the primary financial backer that lets you slap your name on a business while someone else actually runs it . As long as you got money a person could "erect" 1000 businesses! (doesn't that just make you an investor tho?)

But there is no way in hell one person actually ran and managed 500 business. No. Way. In. Hell. There isn't enough time, at all.
    "The Trump Organization has interests in real estate development, investing, brokerage, sales and marketing, and property management. The company owns, operates, invests, and develops residential real estate, hotels, resorts, residential towers, and golf courses in different countries, as well as owning several hundred thousand square feet of prime Manhattan real estate. It lists involvement in 515 subsidiaries and entities with 264 of them bearing Trump's name and another 54 including his initials."

Don't act dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump was rising prior, but his rise accelerated when he debated. One could argue the debates helped him win states Ted Cruz was supposedly guaranteed to take.
    Trump became the nominee because there was so much money in the GOP primary race, that candidates did not need to exit, splitting the vote. When it came down to the last 5, the others split the vote too much, and Trump took the lead for good on Super Tuesday. Trump is not good at actual debates, he's fine at slinging mud... which is what the GOP debates were. I think there's a quote about wrestling with pigs that applies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Clinton is hardly an angel, but that doesn't mean you should support a devil instead...
    They're both terrible. Clinton has bought the election and has close ties to the AG. She has class actions suits against her and WikiLeaks just buried her with their release. As of right now if Sanders doesn't get the nod the best choice is Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    They're both terrible. Clinton has bought the election and has close ties to the AG. She has class actions suits against her and WikiLeaks just buried her with their release. As of right now if Sanders doesn't get the nod the best choice is Trump.
    Gary Johnson appreciates your vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Trump became the nominee because there was so much money in the GOP primary race, that candidates did not need to exit, splitting the vote. When it came down to the last 5, the others split the vote too much, and Trump took the lead for good on Super Tuesday. Trump is not good at actual debates, he's fine at slinging mud... which is what the GOP debates were. I think there's a quote about wrestling with pigs that applies.
    Clinton doesn't take direct criticism and mudslinging well. She a hot head that likes yes men and those that have been bought need to stay in their place. She lies just as much if not more than Trump. If there is a person that can make her come unhinged and show her for the screwball she is it is Trump. If she gets in office with a Republican majority in the Senate you can make a strong bet that the Clintons will be the first husband wife presidents and the first husband and wife to both be impeached.

- - - Updated - - -

Gary Johnson appreciates your vote.
    *Best choice of person with a shot at winning. I am strongly considering writing in Sanders just to show the DNC how big of a mistake they made. The problem with polls is that they assume that anyone that voted Sanders in the primary will vote Clinton.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is 6 days old, how can you possibly link this with the FBI's announcement today?
    Because Trumpers don't need facts. They hate 'em!

Clinton doesn't take direct criticism and mudslinging well. She a hot head that likes yes men and those that have been bought need to stay in their place. She lies just as much if not more than Trump. If there is a person that can make her come unhinged and show her for the screwball she is it is Trump. If she gets in office with a Republican majority in the Senate you can make a strong bet that the Clintons will be the first husband wife presidents and the first husband and wife to both be impeached.
    Trump doesn't take direct criticism very well, that's how it all started. I cannot stand Hillary, but she's going to stomp Trump in an actual debate. As for Hillary getting impeached, they will have to have some sort of justification for it. Sure, she's a shitty human being, but she's wouldn't be the first president to be a shitty human being. I think it could easily be argued that most of our presidents were.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

*Best choice of person with a shot at winning. I am strongly considering writing in Sanders just to show the DNC how big of a mistake they made. The problem with polls is that they assume that anyone that voted Sanders in the primary will vote Clinton.
    Why do you feel the need to vote for someone who will actually win?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Come on man...this is Wells we're talking about. Do you expect any kind of logical response?

Polls are meaningless right now btw, but yeah so is posting the name of the source and passive aggressively refuting their info because you don't like it.
    Well, Rasmussen has been very unreliable in the past few years. Their methodology can legitimately be questioned.

"The Trump Organization has interests in real estate development, investing, brokerage, sales and marketing, and property management. The company owns, operates, invests, and develops residential real estate, hotels, resorts, residential towers, and golf courses in different countries, as well as owning several hundred thousand square feet of prime Manhattan real estate. It lists involvement in 515 subsidiaries and entities with 264 of them bearing Trump's name and another 54 including his initials."
    The Trump Organization

Well that's the real kicker isn't it? The Trump Organization isn't running for president, Trump is. I want to know what business he personally had a significant hand in, not what his organization did for him, not what he put his money behind, but what he actually put time and effort into and made real decisions for. I'll admit I'm no business major, but maybe that means it's those 54 that really matter?

Basically, saying everything The Trump Organization has done can be directly attributed to the daily actions and decisions of Trump himself would be the same thing as saying that everything the Clinton Foundation has done can be directly attributed to the daily actions and decisions of Hillary. Except we know what Hillary has been up too, being a public figure for some time and all.
    Last edited by Nynax; 2016-07-05 at 08:26 PM.

Trump doesn't take direct criticism very well, that's how it all started. I cannot stand Hillary, but she's going to stomp Trump in an actual debate. As for Hillary getting impeached, they will have to have some sort of justification for it. Sure, she's a shitty human being, but she's wouldn't be the first president to be a shitty human being. I think it could easily be argued that most of our presidents were.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you feel the need to vote for someone who will actually win?
    Hillary couldn't even debate Obama. How is she going to debate a man who juggled the simultaneous attacks of two competent politicians and won in a landslide?

Wait, you just seriously suggested that guy throw away his vote. Never mind.