Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    What. Are. You. On. About. So you don't see "them" as equals in the country you live? But some separate people because they've got another skin colour? Clearly an overwhelming part of the black population in the US are poor, do you think they're poor because they are inferior to white people? Or what is the argument.
    Being poor doesn't start at a point in time that is politically convenient, it exists as a true continuation of groups over many hundreds and thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    Annnnd how is this relevant to the cop filling his chest with more than one bullet while being restrained.... right there is none.
    If they can't win by applying logic they will attack the victim, trying to damage his reputation. This is basic stuff, happens in every case where someone was murdered by police.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm not seeing this. I'm seeing him pinned on the ground with his head shoved into the concrete by the closer officer. I don't see any significant movement of the guy in the lead up to his being shot. I mean right after they release his head, he lifts his head and shoulders a bit, but then he lies down, several seconds pass, and then the police pull out their guns and shoot him.
    Everyone but you, and one other poster, is seeing him with his face pointing up and his right arm free. Maybe you didn't watch the same video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Why do you keep saying if he did or did not reach for his weapon? I already linked to you that the owner of the convenience store had video that the police confiscated showing that he did not reach for his gun and the officer pulled it out of his pocket after being shot in the chest multiple times.
    The eye witness testimony is irrelevant. The videos that have been posted in this thread are unclear because the view is obstructed.

We don't know whether he was reaching for it, or reasonably appeared to be reaching for it. Reaching a conclusion one way or the other is extremely biased. If he was reaching for it, they should have killed him. If he wasn't, then they shouldn't have. It's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Breaking the law is unacceptable in any community.

They tried to use non-lethal force. He continued to resist.
    Obviously not, see: areas where there is high crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Being poor doesn't start at a point in time that is politically convenient, it exists as a true continuation of groups over many hundreds and thousands of years.
    But they are Americans. Do you mean that citizens in america can't climb out of the lower class? Isn't that the whole idea behind the country? Working your way up from the shit and becoming something. Can it be, just a small chance, that it's harder (more difficult) for the average african-american to climb out of poverty because of their skin colour?

If they can't win by applying logic they will attack the victim, trying to damage his reputation. This is basic stuff, happens in every case where someone was murdered by police.
    Exactly, it's a piss poor rebuttal to detract from what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Obviously not, see: areas where there is high crime.
    Resisting arrest is never appropriate. Even resisting an unlawful arrest is a stupid idea.

If you want to make a point, do it in front of a judge, not while someone is pointing a firearm at you.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I haven't read that, do you have a link to that article?
    You posted it...

"“While he was laying there dying, the cop went inside his pocket to pull the gun out.”" it's in one of your posts a few pages back. So, where did you get it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

7+ Year Old Account
    But they are Americans. Do you mean that citizens in america can't climb out of the lower class? Isn't that the whole idea behind the country? Working your way up from the shit and becoming something. Can it be, just a small chance, that there's harder for the average african-american to climb out of poverty because of their skin colour?
    It isn't due to skin color though, that is a tiny factor. The overwhelming factor is economics going back many hundreds of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had a gun? did anyone else here that?

It isn't due to skin color though, that is a tiny factor. The overwhelming factor is economics going back many hundreds of years.
    Surely the history of "economics" going back hundred years shouldn't matter in such a modern society as America where these kids are born? This is about systemic oppression of black people. There's no way to hide it, it's out there for everyone who's not a fucking puppet to see. How to evolve from it is difficult though, but it might solve many of Americas obvious problem with gun-related killings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Resisting arrest is never appropriate. Even resisting an unlawful arrest is a stupid idea.
    Yeah, if a black cop is being aggressive towards me, I'm his bitch. I would never assume the cop just wants to kill me because he is an evil black executioner. He is likely aggressive for good reason.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-06 at 09:20 PM.

Isn't there an IQ requirement, to become a police officer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Not here it's not. Where i live. Nobody wants to become one because it's shit pay and puts you in danger. So they can't set their bar too high.

7+ Year Old Account
    Surely the history of "economics" going back hundred years shouldn't matter in such a modern society as America where these kids are born?
    Are you willing to disregard history for all groups or only those you deem special? It has to be all or none.

The eye witness testimony is irrelevant. The videos that have been posted in this thread are unclear because the view is obstructed.

We don't know whether he was reaching for it, or reasonably appeared to be reaching for it. Reaching a conclusion one way or the other is extremely biased. If he was reaching for it, they should have killed him. If he wasn't, then they shouldn't have. It's that simple.
    What could be more clear than the last image after the shots were heard of TWO officers restraining his hands, head, torso and legs? Saying "he's got a gun", unholster your gun and place it above his torso is NOT proper procedure.

15+ Year Old Account

If you want to make a point, do it in front of a judge, not while someone is pointing a firearm at you.
    Not everyone knows that Tinykong.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Yeah, if a black cop is being aggressive towards me, I'm his bitch. I would never assume the cop just wants to kill me because he is an evil black executioner. He is likely aggressive for a reason.
    I've encountered some aggressive dick cops. I'm not sure what my rights are in any given situation, but I can tell you what I would never do: resist arrest or refuse to comply with an order to disarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It's actually an inverse requirement in some places. Courts ruled in a semi-notable case that police can refuse to hire candidates whose IQ tests too high. The idea was that more intelligent cops are more prone to boredom, and thus more susceptible to corruption and abuse.