Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is Canada. Should White not have to pay a fine for not saying sorry, or at least send a card, to Crowchief?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    White people cannot be a victim of racism anymore than a man can be a victim of sexism. Now we have a court ruling that pretty much amounts to this. If that statement makes you angry then don't blame me for making it a legal precedent, blame the judge.
    It's a legal precedent in Canada, so I don't think many people will care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Does it surprise you? Anytime a white person victimizes a black person in the states, it is always judged prematurely as a hate crime by the community. Yet if its the reverse, "ain't no hate crime".
    This was in Canada. They don't use "ain't"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

In Canada, the SJWs are in charge of the government and courts.

Does it surprise you? Anytime a white person victimizes a black person in the states, it is always judged prematurely as a hate crime by the community. Yet if its the reverse, "ain't no hate crime".
    What is surprising is the hate that white people are showing over this non hate crime. Whites have victimized black people in the states for about 400 years. Every white on black crime is a hate crime. It is not a hate crime in the reverse because white people cannot be the victims of racisim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Example I used was of the states. Also plenty of people in Canada used ain't, at least they did when I was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one of you crazy bastards tries this against any other race let us know how it worked out. Preferably in this Judge's district.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So a drunk punches another person while yelling something racist? You think that should be prosecuted as a hate crime?

Have you ever been in a bar fight before? Have you ever listened to what the drunken idiots say while they fight?

Sorry, but a hate crime usually involves more than just a drunken brawl, no matter how short.

"A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Situations like this are why so many white people are still racist.
    Situations like Slavery, Apartheid, and segregation are reasons why so many black people are still racist. Sorry, but black people still win in terms of reasons to hate white people.

On topic, this is clearly a hate crime. This is also an extreme example that people are somehow trying to spin as the rule, not the exception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race [...]"
    To me this kind of describes what happened here.

Also, in before "racism = prejudice+power so minorities can't be racist" and other such nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That's just blatantly not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Situations like Slavery, Apartheid, and segregation are reasons why so many black people are still racist. Sorry, but black people still win in terms of reasons to hate white people.
    Cause slavery was a black only event right? None are alive today that lived it, no one alive today is responsible for it. Most of the black folks I know who lived thru segregation are respectable human beings. So what excuse does the even younger generations have?

Deleted
    Remember, folks: Racism is only something white people are able to do. Repeat after me:
    (All) White people are the racist. If a [insert minority] hates White People they are not racist because white people obviously started being racist the day they were born.

Easy.

Oh come on... move on from those shitty posts with racist undertones.

you are going to spend your live tallying up what bad x (insert race, color, religion) are doing or have done?

lets play a game.

in on page, split in two colomns

left one: what we the white people did "bad" to colored people though the ages.
    right one: what the colored people have done "bad" to us.

When you have done that. burry it, so we can move on with the real problems facing us.

thanks.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So a drunk punches another person while yelling something racist? You think that should be prosecuted as a hate crime?

Have you ever been in a bar fight before? Have you ever listened to what the drunken idiots say while they fight?

Sorry, but a hate crime usually involves more than just a drunken brawl, no matter how short.

"A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties."
    Untrue.

U of I/Iowa City Police were about to charge a bunch of drunk whites for doing the same thing...

Until they learned that the "victim" made it all up.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/ne...appen-20160517

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Her Surname is White.

OBVIOUSLY she just hated people from the White family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause slavery was a black only event right? None are alive today that lived it, no one alive today is responsible for it. Most of the black folks I know who lived thru segregation are respectable human beings. So what excuse does the even younger generations have?
    Yes, Slavery in America was overwhelmingly a black only thing.

You don't have to experience it to feel the effects of it. But I think racism for any reason is ultimately stupid and short sighted. People who base their perceptions of an entire race based on the actions of the few they've come in contact with are pretty idiotic.

Even so, there are cases where it is at least understandable. If this lady experienced some form of racism from black people before and then this happened, I wouldn't exactly be able to blame her for becoming racist. People remember their negative experiences more than the positive. Doesn't make it right, but I can at least understand where she's coming from.

What I don't understand is why I've been subjected to discrimination and racial insults when 1. I've never done anything to warrant that. 2. There aren't enough black people in my area for the people to have experienced bad situations caused by black people. Those white people seemingly have no justification for their racism. But it doesn't make me hate white people. I'm just no particularly fond of those racist individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Oh come on... move on from those shitty posts with racist undertones.

you are going to spend your live tallying up what bad x (insert race, color, religion) are doing or have done?

lets play a game.

in on page, split in two colomns

left one: what we the white people did "bad" to colored people though the ages.
    right one: what the colored people have done "bad" to us.

When you have done that. burry it, so we can move on with the real problems facing us.

thanks.
    What real problems? Racism isn't real? I mean, getting punched in the face and losing a tooth sounds real.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Untrue.

U of I/Iowa City Police were about to charge a bunch of drunk whites for doing the same thing...

Until they learned that the "victim" made it all up.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/ne...appen-20160517
    We really need a name for hate crime hoaxes.

From your article:
    Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness on Tuesday said she worries Marcus Owens’ false report of a hate crime might set back those efforts.

“I fear it will,” Lyness said. “I do think people make racist comments in Iowa City and elsewhere, and I fear people don’t report it.”
    Her concern when it comes to hate crime hoaxes isn't that people will be victimized by the hoaxes, but that hoaxing might cause people to be distrusted. Jesus-fucking-Christ.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yes, Slavery in America was overwhelmingly a black only thing.
    AHAHAHAHAH... Are you fucking serious? The Irish had it just as bad and WORSE in some cases.

People need to wake up to themselves and stop falling for this "OMG ONLY BLACKS HAD BAD TIMES!!!" pity party.

It sounds like there are a lot of naive politicians in Canada that think racism is a one way street lol. That being said, the US is plagued by this type of shit as well. In the minds of some of these weirdo SJW's in government, I think the realize that the incident is racist, by their own standards, but they feel like they are "correcting the wrongs of history" by not punishing this to the same extent that they would with a white person punching a black person while saying "I hate black people".