Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Indigenous woman yells "I hate white people", punches white woman = "not hate crime"

My opinion: It's funny because this is the most extreme thought experiment you could perform to expose the absurdity of SJW ideas, and yet the world serves it up on a reality platter, saving us the effort of having to imagine it:

Indigenous woman yells 'I hate white people' before punching white woman, but it's not a hate crime judge rules

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/...me-judge-rules

A Calgary indigenous woman who knocked out a Caucasian woman’s tooth while yelling “I hate white people,” didn’t commit a racially motivated crime, a judge says.

Provincial court Judge Harry Van Harten, in a written decision, said Tamara Crowchief’s motivation for striking Lydia White was not related to racial bias.

Crown prosecutor Karuna Ramakrishnan, who had sought a sentence of 12 to 15 months, argued Crowchief’s unprovoked attack last Nov. 1, amounted to a hate crime.

But Van Harten agreed with defence counsel Adriano Iovinelli that there was insufficient evidence to establish Crowchief attacked White because of the colour of her skin.

Van Harten said unlike offenders in several cases cited by Ramakrishnan, there was no suggestion Crowchief was associated with any group that promoted hatred toward a specific race.

“The offender said, ‘I hate white people’ and threw a punch,” Van Harten said in his ruling.

“There is no evidence either way about what the offender meant or whether . . . she holds or promotes an ideology which would explain why this assault was aimed at this victim,” he said.

“I am not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that this offence was, even in part, motivated by racial bias.”

White was outside Jaimieson’s pub on 17th Avenue S.W., with a friend when an acquaintance of Crowchief’s approached and asked for, and was given, a cigarette.

As White and her male friend spoke to that woman, Crowchief approached and, without warning, yelled “I hate white people” and punched her in the face, knocking out a tooth.

Crowchief and the woman then walked away, but White and her friend followed and called police, who arrived a short time later and arrested the offender.

During her arrest, Crowchief told police “the white man was out to get her.”

In her victim-impact statement, White said she still doesn’t comprehend what motivated her assailant.

“I still get angry when I think about it,” she said.

“I don’t understand why this woman did this. I never did anything to her. Never even spoke to her,” she said.

Van Harten agreed with Iovinelli the more than six months Crowchief had spent behind bars, which he equated to a 9 1/2-month sentence, was sufficient jail time for Crowchief.

He placed the city woman on 12 months probation and ordered her to get psychological and psychiatric counselling, as well as counselling for substance abuse.

She must also abstain from consuming intoxicating substances and is prohibited from going to any business whose principal sale is alcohol.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-07-06 at 11:38 AM.

That's kind of funny, how far does it have to be for it to be hate crime against someone that is white?

I'm sure yelling "I hate black people" and knocking a black womans teeth out is not a hatecrime either.

Woman privilege and minority privilege at work.

I would REALLY love to see this judge argue it isn't a hate crime to say "I hate black people" before punching one. He'd leave skid marks from how fast he'd uturn.

Everyone gets this wrong. She didn't shout "I hate white people!" but "I hate White people!" because that's the victim's name, duh.

If you punch someone for not turning the music down when you've asked them politely to turn it down for the 23rd time, that's not a hate crime, that's just dealing with an as*hole.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Well, I side with my native sister on this one, cuz the bitch she punched... her last name was White. So, obviously had nothing to do with race.

/eyeroll Glad she got off, cuz we are so few, but she's a fucking idiot that got off for blatant hate crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    That's kind of funny, how far does it have to be for it to be hate crime against someone that is white?
    You could probably genocide an entire white population and it wouldn't be a hate crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Situations like this are why so many white people are still racist.

The legal bar for hate crimes in Canada is set very high, because it can curtail on freedom of expression. You need a pattern and/or a history of similar behaviour. Being wasted and throwing a punch after shouting a racial epithet at someone doesn't constitute a hate crime, regardless of the race of the aggressor.

I'm sure this thread will be filled with constructive and civil discourse.. Also, why the fuck would you embed a large-ass image in your OP? A lot of people browse these forums through mobile devices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Also, why the fuck would you embed a large-ass image in your OP? A lot of people browse these forums through mobile devices.
    I normally add a picture if it's part of the article, but yeah, not so useful on this one so I removed it

Deleted
    Maybe she was just telling a group of white people, that she hates in general. "I hate, white people!"

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    The legal bar for hate crimes in Canada is set very high, because it can curtail on freedom of expression. You need a pattern and/or a history of similar behaviour. Being wasted and throwing a punch after shouting a racial epithet at someone doesn't constitute a hate crime, regardless of the race of the aggressor.

I'm sure this thread will be filled with constructive and civil discourse.. Also, why the fuck would you embed a large-ass image in your OP? A lot of people browse these forums through mobile devices.
    I'm going to have to disagree on the bolded based on current political climate. The races of all actors involved in a crime are extremely important now.

White people cannot be a victim of racism anymore than a man can be a victim of sexism. Now we have a court ruling that pretty much amounts to this. If that statement makes you angry then don't blame me for making it a legal precedent, blame the judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

On the surface, this sort of thing seems like it should be the definition of a hate crime.

That said, mandatory psych treatment and substance abuse treatment would lead me to believe that there is a bit more to the story.

I.E- if she was in sound mind and set to hurt a white person, that would obviously be a hate crime. However, if she was not sound of mind, and feeling violent urges, race may have been an excuse to commit the violent act she already felt like committing. If, in her state of mind, she was already prone to violence, then perhaps the defense argued that her "reasoning" was incidental to the act, not causal.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but there's probably a reason specific to the case that the judge ruled the way he did. Not just because SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    White people cannot be a victim of racism anymore than a man can be a victim of sexism. Now we have a court ruling that pretty much amounts to this. If that statement makes you angry then don't blame me for making it a legal precedent, blame the judge.
    I don't know why it would make me angry, I don't care much about white people I just find it funny and somewhat illogical

why doesnt this shit ever happen to me?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

You can't have a hate crime against whites and you also can not be racist against whites. Just ask any SJW..............

/boggles the mind

/pimp slaps a Calgary indigenous woman

I'm getting a massage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it surprise you? Anytime a white person victimizes a black person in the states, it is always judged prematurely as a hate crime by the community. Yet if its the reverse, "ain't no hate crime".