Thread: Crossbows

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Crossbows

So I'm looking to get into hunting this year. Already have my safety course done but I'm not sure which crossbow brands are reliable. Do any of you bow hunt with a crossbow? Which one do you use?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I'm looking to get into hunting this year. Already have my safety course done but I'm not sure which crossbow brands are reliable. Do any of you bow hunt with a crossbow? Which one do you use?
    IS it really hunting if you use a ranged weapon?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

bows or gtfo.

$1000

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you want to "get into hunting"? If it's because of your hormones or an adrenaline spike - go wrestle a bear instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why do you want to "get into hunting"? If it's because of your hormones or an adrenaline spike - go wrestle a bear instead.
    Why does it matter to you what their motivation for getting into it is?

Do you understand how much money you can save on food?

I like venison, I like rabbit, I like squirrel. So far I get it from my cousin when he has extra. Would be nice to get my own.

Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    What these guys said.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    because it's not his right to hunt and kill an animal for the thrill of it, I really hope OP isn't doing it to feel manly about himself nothing manly about killing a harmless animal with a ranged weapon from a distance.

Deleted
    Why not just use a gun instead?

I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    because it's not his right to hunt and kill an animal for the thrill of it, I really hope OP isn't doing it to feel manly about himself nothing manly about killing a harmless animal with a ranged weapon from a distance.
    I want to save money on food.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    There's few things manlier than hunting for your own food, but I wouldn't expect people like you to understand that.

You do realise how much hunting is good for the environment? There are taxes on literally everything hunting related that go towards conservation. Not to mention the overpopulation of these animals. You bleeding hearts crying about "innocent animals" are ridiculous. People have been hunting for thousands of years, no reason to stop now. Just grain you buy from the store causes more carnage than any hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I don't know much about crossbows, but I really enjoy my compound bow. You should head down to an archery shop. Don't go to bass pro or cabellas. I've had nothing but issues going to the big retailers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    IS it really hunting if you use a ranged weapon?
    It's target practise.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    There's few things manlier than hunting for your own food, but I wouldn't expect people like you to understand that.
    Doing it with a spear is manlier. Doing it with your bare hands even more but I would disadvice.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-07-06 at 03:42 PM.

Did you know that in many areas hunting is a key part of conservation and that sometimes hunters are paid to cull species that have become overpopulated? Not everyone who hunts is an amoral monster.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I'm genuinely curious.
    If he's intending on feasting on small woodland critters it is probably better to use a bow or crossbow then a gun which could do much more damage ruining what little meat they have to eat.

I hear you can save a ton of money on food. I just have never even used a gun, or killed an animal, and I don't think I would have the stomach for it. I enjoy the eating part, not the killing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It's target practise.

Doing it with a spear is manlier. Doing it with your bare hands even more but I would disadvice.
    Technology is kinda manly too, when you think about it.

So I think guns are alright.

I'm genuinely curious.
    Depending on what you're shooting, it could destroy it. If your target is something you plan on eating, and it happens to be a small animal like a rabbit, I don't think you want to shoot it, necessarily, or a lot of the meat that you could have would be wasted.

That being said, I think my hunting skills will be confined to flies in the house. I even tend to deposit spiders from the house outside rather than killing them.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

No, but it's his right if he chooses to. Who are you to say otherwise? Never been hunting, so don't know anything about crossbows.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Puupi is from Finland, all their food is hunted, they have no shops.