Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How do you handle dumb people?

So our company decided customer excellence is the way to go these days. We (IT department) took over the chat in order to do some testing with tools, see what the general questions are like to create macro's and triggers, etc. and to hear what our customers have to say. Now at first i was super excited about this, as customer service in our company is shiit. You know something is wrong when your CEO talks about "screwing em on the final payment" as if its a business model amirite?

So the past few weeks me and some co-workers have been handling the chats, and oh-my-fucking-god, the majority of people are fucking retarded!?

I'm not talking about people not understanding business or IT jargon, im talking about people not able to read, people thinking they can get a 100k car when they have been in business for 3 months, people that think a car company also does the repairs of broken ticketbooths at gas stations, etc.

I'm baffled of the sheer stupidity of people. And were a b2b company, so thats people who actually managed to set up a business. AKA the smartest lot of em all. Like... the f?

And the worst part.. People you help perfectly and then close the chat without saying thank you after taking 30 mins of your time.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do you handle people this stupid? And what do you think of the fact that these are majority of people on this planet?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-07-06 at 09:25 PM.

Atleast here you can start a business if you want to. Doesn't mean you need to know anything about running it, but obviously you'll lose alot of money if you're clueless. So, "smartest lot" is not telling when there's no real intelligence requirement for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Atleast here you can start a business if you want to. Doesn't mean you need to know anything about running it, but obviously you'll lose alot of money if you're clueless. So, "smartest lot" is not telling when there's no real intelligence requirement for it
    Meh, maybe ambitious lot then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Meh, maybe ambitious lot then.
    Sounds more greedy than ambitious. Like the car part you mentioned. Some just want big quick money without any understanding of running a business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sounds more greedy than ambitious. Like the car part you mentioned. Some just want big quick money without any understanding of running a business.
    What bothers me is they are missing the basic perception of "Im busy for 3 months, got no quarterly's or anything, but i bet i can get a 100k car financed".

Whats going on in your head if you think someone is gonna give u a 100k loan for a car when u got fuckall to show?

What bothers me is they are missing the basic perception of "Im busy for 3 months, got no quarterly's or anything, but i bet i can get a 100k car financed".

Whats going on in your head if you think someone is gonna give u a 100k loan for a car when u got fuckall to show?
    You should ask them the next time

It's good practice for when you have kids, think of all the patience you'll have.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It depends how you define stupid of dumb in all fairness.

I have a friend, she's in full time employment (care ironically) she's thick as shit, dyslexic, dozen't know her left from her right etc. but I have all the time in the world for her, because its not an act / intentional / idk how to describe it, she genuinely asks me stuff that is fucking retarded even by my standards (Im dyslexic myself for the record).

But I know people who are classed as "normal" who are thick as shit, and its not because they aren't capable, but its laziness / cba attitude, that annoys me,

I also work in the tourist industry during summer and I really get some stupid people, both types of what I described, how do I deal with it? I remember I'm being paid, I take a deep breath and be polite. I have to deal with these people, face to face, Its not only being polite but my body language has to be supportive. Honestly if all you have to do is chat, and type then you have it ten times easier regardless your dealing with more people than me

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they manage to start a business doesn't mean they will be profitable and work it out in the long run. From what I've noticed over the years, almost 90% of people starting businesses of any kind or field have no idea what they are doing, they even lack basic understanding of costs vs revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work at an airport and sometimes I wonder how some people even manage to get out of bed much less manage getting on an airplane. My airline has three gates, 1A, 1B, and 1C. Most of our aircraft go to 1A. So we get these morons who come down the jetway past the open door to 1A, past the gate agent, past the gate check cart, past the ONLY FUCKING AIRPLANE at this end of the entire airport towards the closed doors to 1B and 1C.

And I just want to say to them "Sir, you're a fucking retard."
    Putin khuliyo

Colleagues and lots of trash talk. Try not take them serious and trash talk among your own. The only reason why I haven't yet wired half the marketing department into mains and friend the bunch of brain-dead wankers.

Deleted
    When chatting with customers/cliënts you can't expect them to know something, anything. Do this and you'll be less surprised by people. I've given legal advice to people, you even have to dumb down your way of talking. This even when the words I want to use are normal Dutch words, not jargon.

Offtopic: Worked at customer service when I was younger. Had to help people with their internet problems. You wouldn't believe how often they didn't plug their router into the socket. Simple fix for that - they all said they had powered the router because they're not stupid - was asking them to take it out of the socket and put it back in. Loved it when they said "ohw" out loud and then acted as if it was plugged before.
    Last edited by mmocbf9c855d77; 2016-07-06 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    As others stated, just because someone runs a business it in NO WAY means that person is intelligent in any way. In fact, most business owners are very stupid, inefficient and/or did never learn what they are doing. They just start and fail, or get lucky and have some success. That is how the world is working.

Oh and on topic: yes. People are stupid .. but, you know, it is impolite to tell them directly. Deal with it *glasses*

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean by dumb? Dumb people come in many flavors. As long as they're nice to me, I couldn't care. It's the dumb people that think they're smart, and then mock you. That's when I walk away. You can't argue with those people, because they are determined to win. Save yourself a headache and walk away. If you can't walk away for whatever reason, then just ignore them. At some it'll get funny enough to laugh. But beware of stupid things in large numbers, that's when your only solution is to walk away.

So our company decided customer excellence is the way to go these days. We (IT department) took over the chat in order to do some testing with tools, see what the general questions are like to create macro's and triggers, etc. and to hear what our customers have to say. Now at first i was super excited about this, as customer service in our company is shiit. You know something is wrong when your CEO talks about "screwing em on the final payment" as if its a business model amirite?

So the past few weeks me and some co-workers have been handling the chats, and oh-my-fucking-god, the majority of people are fucking retarded!?

I'm not talking about people not understanding business or IT jargon, im talking about people not able to read, people thinking they can get a 100k car when they have been in business for 3 months, people that think a car company also does the repairs of broken ticketbooths at gas stations, etc.

I'm baffled of the sheer stupidity of people. And were a b2b company, so thats people who actually managed to set up a business. AKA the smartest lot of em all. Like... the f?

And the worst part.. People you help perfectly and then close the chat without saying thank you after taking 30 mins of your time.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do you handle people this stupid? And what do you think of the fact that these are majority of people on this planet?
    Ha, millennials...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Practice on the MMO-C forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Ha, millennials...
    Wow well memed

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually, this is the only way to deal with them:

If you work in customer service though... You have my sympathy!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Usually, this is the only way to deal with them:

If you work in customer service though... You have my sympathy!
    Thats the thing. Were trying to get others to do customer service (total culture change so gl with that) but even we are struggling.

welcome to customer service.
    you would think that people who come to a fan site in order to improve their game play would also be somewhat intelligent, but look at the way most of the threads go here.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP