Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    You guys learned nothing from the Disney movie The Incredibles did you? When every single person attains a college degree the value of a college degree with be worthless and we will be right back where we started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    You guys learned nothing from the Disney movie The Incredibles did you? When every single person attains a college degree the value of a college degree with be worthless and we will be right back where we started.
    Alright then. Literacy is hereby banned. We need to stop this constant progression of education.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a bad thing? I don't see a problem with everyone being super. You'll need people to be educated eventually, to deal with automation and job losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    +

seems like some cognitive dissonance.
    Lol, you think?

Another angry little boy on a tirade and rampage as Obama pays his bills. I'm sorry, it isn't Obama -- it's me, ya know, the shitstain. And the US taxpayers. So he can sit in a base on a cornfield in Kansas and tell the rest of us how 'reality' works. Clearly in reality they don't teach things like 'gratitude' otherwise this guy would show a little more respect to people that aren't him or his widdle group.

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay18 View Post
    Lol, you think?

Another angry little boy on a tirade and rampage as Obama pays his bills. I'm sorry, it isn't Obama -- it's me, ya know, the shitstain. And the US taxpayers. So he can sit in a base on a cornfield in Kansas and tell the rest of us how 'reality' works. Clearly in reality they don't teach things like 'gratitude' otherwise this guy would show a little more respect to people that aren't him or his widdle group.
    Maybe it isn't taught in schools anymore, but respect is earned. I know that todays millennials are taught that they are special snowflakes and that they are due respect without earning it, but no that's not the case.

first, Obama isn't paying anyone's bills. If you're speaking about the military salaries that is done by congress. Second, there are no bases in Kansas on cornfields that I'm aware of. The largest base in KS is Ft. riley, which is actually located on a hill.

You are due no gratitude, especially if you treat people the way you do. Just as you don't want to give what you believe is false praise to the military, we are not going to give false gratitude to someone who hates us.

We get it, you don't like the military. Maybe you are jealous of our pay (which is shitty), maybe a military member stole your GF, or maybe you're just jealous of our post-service benefits. Either way, no matter what, i'll let you in on a secret.

We don't care how you feel about us.

You want veteran benefits without doing the work for them. It's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Maybe it isn't taught in schools anymore, but respect is earned. I know that todays millennials are taught that they are special snowflakes and that they are due respect without earning it
    This really isn't the case anymore; the whole 'everyone is special' vibe died in around 2000 when the Baby Boomers realised that the Millennials weren't buying the shit they were selling.

You want veteran benefits without doing the work for them. It's not going to happen.
    Certainly. My proposition then is reducing veteran benefits to the level of equivalently paid private sector employees since, as is well known, the private sector does everything better and is infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This really isn't the case anymore; the whole 'everyone is special' vibe died in around 2000 when the Baby Boomers realised that the Millennials weren't buying the shit they were selling.

Certainly. My proposition then is reducing veteran benefits to the level of equivalently paid private sector employees since, as is well known, the private sector does everything better and is infallible.
    Meh, didactic with the shitty analogies, go figure.

Well, I don't know how that would work, given that military helicopter mechanics on the civilian side make 60k stateside and over 150k abroad.....yeah that's gonna be expensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, didactic with the shitty analogies, go figure.

Well, I don't know how that would work, given that military helicopter mechanics on the civilian side make 60k stateside and over 150k abroad.....yeah that's gonna be expensive
    For the record, this is also an indictment of how little civil servants and military personnel are paid for the work they do.

Regarding the GI Bill and similar benefits, I should think the fact that it -demonstrates- that providing publicly assisted avenues for social mobility are in fact effective at reducing poverty and educating people, which is in itself sufficient justification of the costs.

Saying 'I earned this, so you shouldn't get it' isn't a particularly decent thing to say, fundamentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    For the record, this is also an indictment of how little civil servants and military personnel are paid for the work they do.

Regarding the GI Bill and similar benefits, I should think the fact that it -demonstrates- that providing publicly assisted avenues for social mobility are in fact effective at reducing poverty and educating people, which is in itself sufficient justification of the costs.

Saying 'I earned this, so you shouldn't get it' isn't a particularly decent thing to say, fundamentally.
    I'm okay with more and more people using benefits like the GI bill.

I just want them to do the service required to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with more and more people using benefits like the GI bill.

I just want them to do the service required to get it.
    For ultimately specious 'moral' reasons that have much more to being able to judge people than, you know, actual social benefit.

What is so wrong with a more educated population? Maybe if that were the case, in America for example, we wouldn't have a choice between diet-fascism and dr. corrupt for an election this year.

Hillary Clinton is exactly what the US needs

WE NEED A FEMALE PRESIDENT BERNIE SANDERS IS A FUCKTARD

Reposting the thread you started wont help that analogy from being less shitty.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.