Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

American police use fraudulent drug tests to jail people

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Yeah sorry, get a reputable news source.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Gotta fill those private prisons, they have a contract mandating a certain percentage of criminal convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have the right to have your lawyer present use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The article is talking about preliminary drug tests lol. I didn't even read it because I knew it was trash from a trash website and it was trash.

Basically it's the drug version of a preliminary breath test which in most states is NOT admissible in court mind you as well as these drug tests the OP is talking about. They actually only give probable cause which then allows them to take you to either the station or the hospital(in DUI or drug cases) to have a test that has a much higher specificity and sensitivity than the OP is claiming. If you come up hot there, you're done and they were right(short of the ways they can screw up the breath test in the station for alcohol).

Please close this garbage thread because it's full of misleading information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    You have the right to a lawyer if you can afford it.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, one with a 5 times a reasonable case load will be appointed for you, who will barely have the time and resources to arrange a plea bargain, much less manage an effective defence

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

They should build a Skyscraper prison, that would be awesome.

Yup; Because US Prison system is a private business, and need X number of prisoners to keep their money from the State / Government; Has been known that some senators pay prisons to keep people / encourage something to make a person remain. Guantanamo Bay has held several people unrelated to Terrorism charges for several years. Ended up being in the news that someone from Upper NY State was sent over night for a vandalizing a bio-research lab that was testing on animals in the 90's, he didn't get a lawyer, and was held into 2003 I think.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

I suggest you don't come to america then. That way these problems won't effect you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Wait a minute! You mean the government (and associated agencies) are just using the "war on the drugs" as a means to control the populace. Wow! Who would have ever thought that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The article is talking about preliminary drug tests lol. I didn't even read it because I knew it was trash from a trash website and it was trash.

Basically it's the drug version of a preliminary breath test which in most states is NOT admissible in court mind you as well as these drug tests the OP is talking about. They actually only give probable cause which then allows them to take you to either the station or the hospital(in DUI or drug cases) to have a test that has a much higher specificity and sensitivity than the OP is claiming. If you come up hot there, you're done and they were right(short of the ways they can screw up the breath test in the station for alcohol).

Please close this garbage thread because it's full of misleading information.
    1. That certainly explains how you can produce such an ill-informed post.

2. This is not about testing humans for drugs, it's about testing substances. Like "this crumb of something looks like drugs".

3. Yeah, they then get sent to labs for actual testing (maybe), but those labs have waits of months or years, and if you don't have the money for bail, you'll be sitting in jail for that time. And that's assuming you don't get one of these labs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Dookhan
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...econd-scandal/
    https://www.americanbar.org/content/...thcheckdam.pdf

Sounds like the lawyer they gave me in my vandalism case. She missed half the meetings, showed up half drunk commando style to the other half and missed the court date. I never found out why she missed the court date since the judge dismissed the matter- I never bothered returning her calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More links to bad sources lol.
    What meets your standard of "a good source"? The New American?

Deleted
    In Sweden you have the right to ask for a proper blood or urine test at a hospital.

Find a legit source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    In Sweden you have the right to ask for a proper blood or urine test at a hospital.
    That has nothing to do with this. This is about testing found substances, not people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Yup; Because US Prison system is a private business, and need X number of prisoners to keep their money from the State / Government; Has been known that some senators pay prisons to keep people / encourage something to make a person remain.
    Yeah, and that blows. But there are signs of that slooooooooowly turning around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to America. Land of the jailed.
    Yeah nobody identifies criminals better than Americans, we're ranked #1 in societal garbage collection.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-08 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah nobody identifies criminals better than Americans, we're ranked #1 in societal garbage collection.
    Except that these people aren't criminals. They're accused of possessing drugs, when what they possess are not drugs.