Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Ding dong. Wake up America
    Aren't you the guy who quoted me in another thread and said 'Nope Globalism is fine' ?

Bipolar much?

Some people are just never going to get it. Those people asking, "Why wouldn't you want to vote for a politician you know is lying every time she speaks?"

This silly round-about "lesser of two evils" argument doesn't really get anywhere new, because we're already there, and we have been for a long time. A lot of people are just tired of the same old bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Speaking of which. Why isn't there a criminal case for Trump's fraud?

What makes fraud less bad than mishandling of emails?

Dick sucking of corporations? You realized Trump is the head of a corporation right?
    Because it's not criminal fraud. And Hillary "did not email classified information" with that woman... Monica Lewinsky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

I do hate the daily show normally takes issues and 'polarizes' them sometimes. Not all the time, but they find an 'issue' that will be really funny if they work the comedy right, yet they get lost in the comedy and veer things off course. Like the bit they did on women's soccer team getting less than men a short while ago. They played up the 'these women are kickass thing', but it turns out they ALREADY HAVE an equal pay clause in their contracts, but it's based on revenue. other than their 'cherry picked' incidents, where they say they drew more than the men, they apparently have been a loss a lot of times(which explains their 'we got nothing for losing' argument). Yes, The Daily Show is a comedy show, but it also used to be more 'rooted' in real news than even Fox/MSNBC/CNN. Lately they seem to just be going for sensationalism and going for the best selling topics. I mean, I can't blame them since they are a 'business' made for entertainment, but it just seems...strange and sad.

I don't like either Trump or Hillary, but people overestimate the power of the President when it comes to getting things done. They have to 'play' the game to do anything really, and Trump would be a 'null' vote because I bet you Congress would stonewall him his entire term and he sadly, would probably do the same, until they found grounds to impeach him. He's the first candidate I've seen in a long time I can clearly see Congress impeaching since even most of them on BOTH sides of the aisle hate him, XD. Hillary worries me though because she CAN play the game, and I really can't trust her to stay on ANY issue. She's far too political, to the point I wouldn't trust her to stick to any ideal other than what's the 'flavor' of the month with constituents until the end of her 2nd term. You know, when it no longer matters if you're trying to 'impress' the public with your political positions and motives.

You know, i'm thinking of not voting at all this election year....yeah, normally that would be something to be 'ashamed' of, and if it were any other election year I'd agree....but...uh, just...yeah.... I not only don't like either of the choices this year, but I feel I would literally vomit at the polls(probably all over the voting machine) the moment I cast my vote for either of them.

Edit: And I probably won't vote third party, I'm not really 'energized' about any of the people there... I guess maybe I could 'protest' vote for one of them, but it's not really something I'm losing sleep over right now.
    Last edited by Ilfayt; 2016-07-06 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Some people are just never going to get it. Those people asking, "Why wouldn't you want to vote for a politician you know is lying every time she speaks?"

This silly round-about "lesser of two evils" argument doesn't really get anywhere new, because we're already there, and we have been for a long time. A lot of people are just tired of the same old bullshit.
    As a guy on CNN said. We don't got to vote for the Demon when the other choice is the Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Aren't you the guy who quoted me in another thread and said 'Nope Globalism is fine' ?

Bipolar much?
    It's not the problem you think it is.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I don't have a good reason for voting for Trump. I'm voting for him cause I'm a dick. Hillary is the establishment and I don't like them. No sir. So I punish them by voting for Trump. Besides, Trump wouldn't last for more than a few months before being impeached.
    I'll never understand how people have managed to convince themselves that Trump is anti-establishment. He may not be part of the GOP establishment, but the dude's been firmly entrenched in corporate nonsense for how many decades now?

Deleted
    It's not the problem you think it is.
    How mysterious.

I was a Bernie supporter and when they started saying he lost and Hillary won I started to consider voting for Trump.

and I probably will.

How mysterious.
    It's not mysterious. It's similar to disliking technology for tuning the economy when it's making it more efficient even it some get displaced in the long run its a net gain.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'll never understand how people have managed to convince themselves that Trump is anti-establishment. He may not be part of the GOP establishment, but the dude's been firmly entrenched in corporate nonsense for how many decades now?
    He has pretty much alluded that he has paid off many politicians in his time, because that is the price of doing business in America... and much of the world for that matter. He also stated that he can't be bought off like these career politicians because he is a billionaire and doesn't need to kiss ass for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Deleted
    It's not mysterious. It's similar to disliking technology for tuning the economy when it's making it more efficient even it some get displaced in the long run its a net gain.
    Uh-huh.

Well, I will say this: Automation is what's (perhaps) really going to change the world for the better and this country. Globalism is a construct that benefits big business and nobody else. And it won't magically get better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    He also stated that he can't be bought off like these career politicians because he is a billionaire and doesn't need to kiss ass for money.
    Which is why he's now fundraising just like every other politician ever. Right?

Uh-huh.

Well, I will say this: Automation is what's (perhaps) really going to change the world for the better and this country. Globalism is a construct that benefits big business and nobody else. And it won't magically get better with time.
    A big part of globalization is this thing we are using now. An international website for an American game made by a French guy where I can tell British assholes to fuck off while I shuck corn in Nebraska.

Seems like a net gain to me.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

He has pretty much alluded that he has paid off many politicians in his time, because that is the price of doing business in America... and much of the world for that matter. He also stated that he can't be bought off like these career politicians because he is a billionaire and doesn't need to kiss ass for money.
    No he's just the one who swindles people out of their money

Because it's not criminal fraud. And Hillary "did not email classified information" with that woman... Monica Lewinsky.
    It's still fraud.

Deleted
    A big part of globalization is this thing we are using now. An international website for an American game made by a French guy where I can tell British assholes to fuck off while I shuck corn in Nebraska.

Seems like a net gain to me.
    What has the internet to do with outsourcing labor and manufacturing?

The Internet was created in the 60s in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uh-huh.

Globalisation benefits more people than it does automation. In fact globalisation and free trade are good for everyone. Before you answer I want to know why it's bad?

Bernie supporters who vote for trump weren't voting for Bernie for his policies. They were doing it to be hip. These are the people that don't deserve votes because they don't care about what the outcome is, they just want to do what's cool and edgy. Trump and Sanders were opposites on almost all topics, so there's no intelligent way to justify going the exact opposite direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary is a liar that's why.
    Look at Trump. He doesn't give any fooks. That's how we know we can trust him.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."