Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    You know absolutely nothing about police training. They are most definitely not trained to shoot simply because someone is reaching for any object.
    I was a Sheriff's Deputy for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Oh is that how it happened? I must have missed that video.
    That is the information that we have at this time.

Uhmmmm don't reach for a gun, legal or not, if you are being question by police? lol

How the hell would a cop know if you have the right to carry it? how would they know if it's legal? Should they have to check the registration on the gun before they get shot? because that might take a few minutes.
    In neither of the two cases these last two days is there ANY evidence that either victim reached for their gun before being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't mind when people disagree, I mind when people obviously twist my words into silly strawmen.

I'm not sure which case you're talking about here.
    There's nothing to twist. You said it doesn't happen, I provided several examples of where it has happened. There are plenty of other examples. In fact, a few years ago a kid was killed by police in my home town while holding a Guitar Hero controller because the cop thought it was a shotgun.

Why was the cop there? Oops, served a warrant on the wrong house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    So far in 2016, 25% shot by the police were black. 61% of them were armed (ding ding).

Take into account the fact that blacks commit crimes proportionally way more against whites than whites towards blacks, it's pretty hard for a police officer not to account for this.
    Holy shit, people were armed in a country where the right to own a firearm is their most sacred right?!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That is the information that we have at this time.
    And where is that information from? The lady sitting in the car facebooking her boyfriends death? She said the police officer killed her boyfriend while he was still alive sitting next to her (him dying later is irreverent). She clearly isn't a very reliable (potentially bias) witness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    In neither of the two cases these last two days is there ANY evidence that either victim reached for their gun before being shot.
    There is also no evidence that they didn't reach for them. The only thing that we do know is that both of them did, in fact, have guns.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

LOL Yes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Getting so tired of the filth I see of people justifying these rediculously trigger happy and violent cops. Removing race from the picture it makes no sense that the first reaction for these people is to fire first and figure it all out later. Leaving behind so many broken families and unanswered questions in the process.
    I clearly said it didn't justify it. In order to understand a problem with two sides behind it you have to be able to sympathize and understand the concerns of both sides, not simply point fingers and cry about it like a petulant child.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Except that, if we take his girl's story into account, they were being pulled over for a broken tailight. Nobody was being detained.

If they were being pulled over for a tailight, asking for ID, registration, and proof of insurance is the FIRST thing cops ask you to do.

This is why black people don't carry, BTW.

Except he was the passenger. If I was pulled over by a cop and I had a gun on my hip the last thing I would do is put my hand down in the direction.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-07-07 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There's nothing to twist. You said it doesn't happen, I provided several examples of where it has happened. There are plenty of other examples. In fact, a few years ago a kid was killed by police in my home town while holding a Guitar Hero controller because the cop thought it was a shotgun.

Why was the cop there? Oops, served a warrant on the wrong house.
    Jesus fucking Christ, for the last time I never said white people never get shot by the police. Not once did I say that. I remarked that they are more likely to use force against black people than they are in a white neighborhood. You're pretending I argued that white people never get shot which is just the fucking definition of a strawman and you continue to say it like you're making some awesome point.

No shit, white people get shot by police. Stop pretending I said they didn't.
    Beta Club Brosquad

And where is that information from? The lady sitting in the car facebooking her boyfriends death? She said the police officer killed her boyfriend while he was still alive sitting next to her (him dying later is irreverent). She clearly isn't a very reliable (potentially bias) witness.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also no evidence that they didn't reach for them. The only thing that we do know is that both of them did, in fact, have guns.
    She was in a state of shock and she thought he might be dead when he passed out. Not unreasonable under the circumstances. And there has been nothing released yet to contradict her story...so there is no basis to call her a liar.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Except he was the passenger, there goes your story.
    Except he wasn't.

http://www.citypages.com/news/graphi...-video-8415016

Correction: This post originally referred to Philando Castile as the passenger in the car, and the woman videotaping as the driver. The video is a mirrored view of the scene, making it appear as if Castile is seated on the passenger's side, when in fact he was driving at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Except he was the passenger.
    No, he was not. Look at the video...you can see the Steering wheel is in front of him

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    She was in a state of shock and she thought he might be dead when he passed out. Not unreasonable under the circumstances. And there has been nothing released yet to contradict her story...so there is no basis to call her a liar.
    Of course there's a basis. You can't put blame on the victim if they did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Why are we looking at crime statistics for incidents such as this? Is a broken tail light a criminal offence in the US?
    Someone was talking about police shootings overall, not just one shooting. Since the vast majority of shootings are in regards to criminal behavior, it's relevant. Cops disproportionately deal with the criminal element. Normal law abiding citizens may go their whole lives without dealing with the police.

A broken tail light is a vehicle infraction, which justifies being pulled over and a detention. I admit, this shooting looks bad, based on the limited info available but plenty of minor traffic stops turn into good arrests. Even in this case he wasn't shot for the tail light (and anyone who says he was is a moron) but the cops reaction to him stating he had a gun (legally).

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Let's see that evidence that supports your claim of "pretty often." I'm guessing anything that shows up in the news is the majority?
    Out of the cases I provided, the police were ruled as justified in shooting the unarmed kid wearing headphones, and the kid who tried to flee in his car and died after the cop shot him in the head through the driver's window.

Police shootings are more often than not justified. Why do you think people are angry about them?
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Someone was talking about police shootings overall, not just one shooting. Since the vast majority of shootings are in regards to criminal behavior, it's relevant. Cops disproportionately deal with the criminal element. Normal law abiding citizens may go their whole lives without dealing with the police.

A broken tail light is a vehicle infraction, which justifies being pulled over and a detention. I admit, this shooting looks bad, based on the limited info available but plenty of minor traffic stops turn into good arrests. Even in this case he wasn't shot for the tail light (and anyone who says he was is a moron) but the cops reaction to him stating he had a gun (legally).
    Many shootings happen outside of criminal situations, so criminal statistics have very little relevance.

Jesus fucking Christ, for the last time I never said white people never get shot by the police. Not once did I say that. I remarked that they are more likely to use force against black people than they are in a white neighborhood. You're pretending I argued that white people never get shot which is just the fucking definition of a strawman and you continue to say it like you're making some awesome point.

No shit, white people get shot by police. Stop pretending I said they didn't.
    Now you're making shit up.

I said, several times, that the police do drive through white neighborhoods and shoot people, which you said they aren't doing. If you want to move the goal posts, or back peddle, at least go edit the post.

A-fucking-gain, I never said police never shoot white people. I said they don't go driving around white neighborhoods shooting people, meaning it is far less likely for a white person to be shot in a situation like the Tamir Rice shooting or the Philando Castile shooting. For some stupid reason you twisted that into me saying that white people never get shot by the police and then provided examples that prove that white people get shot by the police, which I never disputed.
    and cops aren't riding around and shooting people for the hell of it in black neighborhoods either

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has been release to corroborate it either. I never called her I liar. People make bad witnesses, they see what they want to see. Family members are even worse because they are bias towards the people around them. I had a witness to a car accident tell me that the car rolled over multiple times when there was no damage to the top or sides of the car, and the driver was uninjured saying he got rear ended and pushed off the road into a ditch (no rolling over).
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.