Are you going to get VR?

I'm just curious what the community is thinking on the whole Virtual reality. I know for the most part in my personal opinion the idea looks fun but where are the games? I know this is still going to be a development for computers and consoles down the road. But Do any of you have VR now or what is your opinion on VR as of now 2016?

I would love to buy a VR headset and get all setup . but I just don't see the reason to right now without More game support.

Not worth getting right now. Technology is still very raw and there are only a few notable VR games.

If I do, it wont be this generation. Too many fads that people throw their money at currently. I'll buy if it still has traction in 5 years.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10chars
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I'm just curious what the community is thinking on the whole Virtual reality. I know for the most part in my personal opinion the idea looks fun but where are the games? I know this is still going to be a development for computers and consoles down the road. But Do any of you have VR now or what is your opinion on VR as of now 2016?

I would love to buy a VR headset and get all setup . but I just don't see the reason to right now without More game support.
    I have the Vive myself, and while yes the games are limited currently, there are a lot being worked on, and it's getting enough traction that AAA groups are looking to it now. If you're not an early adapter then I would say you're safe staying away from it, but as I wanted to invest in it to try and make sure it succeeds. (Smart phones I'm looking at you)

I personally use mine for several games, Audioshield being one of my favorites for a little bit of a workout, and I prefer watching movies on it than on my standard 1080p monitor, as it gives a theater feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I have the Vive myself, and while yes the games are limited currently, there are a lot being worked on, and it's getting enough traction that AAA groups are looking to it now. If you're not an early adapter then I would say you're safe staying away from it, but as I wanted to invest in it to try and make sure it succeeds. (Smart phones I'm looking at you)

I personally use mine for several games, Audioshield being one of my favorites for a little bit of a workout, and I prefer watching movies on it than on my standard 1080p monitor, as it gives a theater feel.
    Yeah I didn't think about "movies" thats actually pretty cool ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post

I'm like many others that I plan to wait a few years and see where it goes. Honest question though.. Does spending 1.5+ hours viewing a movie make you feel weird at all? Do you get a dizzy or swimmy feeling? I haven't had much time on one so I can't speak for myself, but it's a common complaint that I've seen/heard.

I have the Samsung Gear VR for my S7 Edge. It's okay, but I recommend waiting for a little while till the 4k resolution VR headsets become available.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe if the games stop bein some shitty minigames
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean I am interested in it in the long run but at the current time no. Not enough developers have become active making stuff for them and as we all know if there isn't a certain amount of product sales and interest from developers the technology will die off. My PC is fully able to handle VR but the headsets are ridiculously expensive right now.

It's pretty solid right now. I spend about 1-2 hours on the vive everyday and honestly I would spend more but with my various ailments my body starts failing before anything else does. I think it's amazing and don't regret the purchase for a second but I will happily admit it still needs work before i'd recommend it to the average consumer.

Mostly it needs a resolution boost, the screens are fine at the moment for say, room size rendering but anything further then about 10m just becomes fuzzy. Some games handle it better than others. The Brookhaven experiment does it really well, it's also a pretty amazing game but on something like cosmic trip anything at distance becomes hard to see and elite dangerous is fucking useless.

The games are improving, brookhaven, call of star seed, vanishing realms are examples of full size games although they still don't hit the right note as they could be considered a serious of mini games. That doesn't really matter tho because it's evolving, and that's why I bought into it, I want to be there and watch it develop. If you just want a working VR set up with some full games and no hassle then now isn't the time to buy, as it never is for new tech.

I'm looking forward to the new flight simulator because that will have a vr mode. Have yet to buy a headset though.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    I'm like many others that I plan to wait a few years and see where it goes. Honest question though.. Does spending 1.5+ hours viewing a movie make you feel weird at all? Do you get a dizzy or swimmy feeling? I haven't had much time on one so I can't speak for myself, but it's a common complaint that I've seen/heard.
    Nope, not at all for me. Most of the dizzyness usually comes from being in a game or program that turns for you, rather than your own head doing the turning, so something like turning left or right with a controller will give you that sensation. For movie watching the movie is stationary in front of you, and you can look around if you want, but it's pretty solid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Not worth getting right now. Technology is still very raw and there are only a few notable VR games.
    Cost is too high, hardware requirements are too high, technology is rather unproven, not widely supported, marketed to a very specific group of people at this time.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

15+ Year Old Account
    Spend thousands of dollars on a purely gimmick piece of hardware for...1-2 games worth of experience, which would be another 60 each on top? No thanks.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Spend thousands of dollars on a purely gimmick piece of hardware for...1-2 games worth of experience, which would be another 60 each on top? No thanks.
    Painfully wrong, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.