Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Shit...full of. Its in just about every game even down to the odd comment or bit of shit talk.
    I had 2 games last night where everyuone said 'gg' the other 30 was there was always some shit talk.

The community here is no diff than the community in wow lol cod etc etc. Today's gaming generation are selfish arrogant,wannabe privileged cunts.
    So... ignore them and move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Shit...full of. Its in just about every game even down to the odd comment or bit of shit talk.
    I had 2 games last night where everyuone said 'gg' the other 30 was there was always some shit talk.

The community here is no diff than the community in wow lol cod etc etc. Today's gaming generation are selfish arrogant,wannabe privileged cunts.
    No just no, most people get on with it and realise its just a game and move on. You will always remember the one game where everyone talked shit but the other 9 where everything is fine you dont remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Roll on "Mute Allied Chat" perma function like they have in HotS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So... ignore them and move on with your life.
    errr at no point did i say it bothered me.....i never talk in chat unless i say shit like 'turret left of control point' and other random team chat.
    i was stating fact to those who it does bother while generalizing the gaming community of today while calling another poster a liar all at the same time.
    Last edited by BatteredSausage; 2016-07-09 at 04:00 PM.

It`s not a phenomenon that is specific or limited to competitive or quick play mode, i`ve seen people be quite upset even playing against bots so the threshold for raging and whatnot seems quite low.
    If you want to maintain a positive outlook on playing games online you have to distance yourself from other people to an extent, even if they are teammates.
    Obviously people cross lines many times over when they tell others to kill themselves and such and that should not be something that is at all tolerated.

I`ve experienced a far greater enjoyment when i simply mute or and report ( based on what the person say ) rather than the times i used to be more adamant about replying with a snarky reply of my own.

Was having the best game as genji after practicing with him and re binding jump on my ps4 controller. They got first point on route 66 but we held them back then suddenly the game ended because the entire team left.

fucking really
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I've not personally looked at the forums but I was in a group on competitive play last night and we had a lvl 26 guy change his character on every death as if he was practising the characters, I only mentioned to him he was reseting his ult every time he changed and he gave me some serious abuse so I blocked him, of course we lost the game.
    Sadly We can't "avoid this player" anymore
    It was a great tool to stay away from dumbs

Team based game with competitive play that is centered around random que for a vast majority of the community. What else do you really suspect. Everyone thinks they are right. They are best. Everyone else needs to change characters. Everyone else needs to get better. Look I am higher level than you so you listen to me. Blah blah. Pretty normal internet behavior.

I had a pretty laughable game today where I was going to be "reported" for not switching to a different hero because 3 people were in a group on my team and they thought that means they get to decide what everyone is playing. Even though I went gold damage, gold elems, and gold point time at the time because one of them demanded to play junk rat half way though a round. So they all switched to mercy and just ran around in circles healing each other to "show me" what a dick I was.

I didn't let it get to me. In fact I found it pretty funny because I don't take it to seriously in the end. Just a game.

You know the community is not the shiniest example of friendly bunch, when the threads, created by members of said community, complaining about it using the term "[..] is cancer."

Deleted
    I haven't had too bad an experience. I only play quick plays though, not competitive... not sure how the community behaves there. I obviously like to play well and improve, but I also don't like to be yelled at or told to kill myself if I fail at something and die (I solo queue or just queue with 1 other player fairly often). Quick play is much lower pressure, not a big deal if you lose, so I like it there. I just like to have fun when I play.

But any competitive game, especially when ranks are involved, means you're more likely to run into players who get aggressive or angry if they find themselves on the losing team. Dota is like that. Luckily unlike Dota, Overwatch games are only 5 mins long as opposed to 50 mins so even if you lose it's hardly a big deal. Part of why I like OW so much. You don't need to commit massive chunks of time to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whenever i dont get POTG or lose, i say "gg ez win for u and ur pay2win skins!"

Rarly they bite, but when they do, its soo good
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohboy the OW forums are full of shit.
    Nerf this, nerf that. Buff this hero and then nerf again...
    Ppl complaining they are seeing cheaters in every game. They fail to understand that they suck at the game and that Solider 76 ult is not cheat but an ult.
    The moment they econuter a better player it is cheats.

Deleted
    Somehow Ive managed to move around the internet and avoid all this horrible toxicity. I guess Im very lucky... or perhaps its because Im emotionally stable and can handle the bantz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    But here I thought it was one of the core tactics of Overwatch that you were supposed to change characters. I thought that was part of the strategy, part of the design.

And here's somebody doing exactly that, and it's still wrong.

Yep, great community, huh?
    Yes, there is more than one way to do things wrong in a video game. Is there something else you'd like explained?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the gaming/nerd/geek community in general can be pretty toxic, whiny, and self-entitled. You see the same type of personalities pop up over and over across various media.

Thankfully this game has mute. I use it liberally.