Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Anyone have "gamer fatigue" after short sessions?

This has been bothering me for a while. I usually have very healthy sleeping habbits (between 7 and 9 hours every nights), yet whenever I play games for an hour or more (most I can play in a session is three hours), I end up feeling my brain pulsing on my skull. Add to this a very strong feeling of sleepiness and inability to concentrate.

I've read that some people recommend walking and taking a break from the computer. I tried that, but I end up even more sleepy and bored - and if the exercise is too hard, like running with an eliptic, I end-up with a massive headache.

I drink quite a bit of water (I had issues because of that when I was younger). I'm guilty of taking cups of coffee (the issue was there way before - and somehow, coffee doesn't help me stay awake when I get fatigued) and one small coca-cola can (the slim version that's roughly half of a normal can) per day, but other than that I have healthy food habbits considering all of my allergies. I also take vitamins every day as recommended by my doctor.

So I don't get it. Some of my friends can play for hours and they don't get dizzy in the slighest. Am I the only one feeling this way or is it more common that I think?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you ought to see a doctor about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    This has been bothering me for a while. I usually have very healthy sleeping habbits (between 7 and 9 hours every nights), yet whenever I play games for an hour or more (most I can play in a session is three hours), I end up feeling my brain pulsing on my skull. Add to this a very strong feeling of sleepiness and inability to concentrate.

I've read that some people recommend walking and taking a break from the computer. I tried that, but I end up even more sleepy and bored - and if the exercise is too hard, like running with an eliptic, I end-up with a massive headache.

I drink quite a bit of water (I had issues because of that when I was younger). I'm guilty of taking cups of coffee (the issue was there way before - and somehow, coffee doesn't help me stay awake when I get fatigued) and one small coca-cola can (the slim version that's roughly half of a normal can) per day, but other than that I have healthy food habbits considering all of my allergies. I also take vitamins every day as recommended by my doctor.

So I don't get it. Some of my friends can play for hours and they don't get dizzy in the slighest. Am I the only one feeling this way or is it more common that I think?
    What is the lighting like in the room where you play? Also some people might tend to get fucked up depth perception when a screen takes up much of their field of view but are fine otherwise. I had some "spinnies" when standing up when I first moved to a 27" screen for gaming. I had to push it to the back of the desk for a while until I got used to it and moved it closer over time.

Headache after exercise might be caused by a tonne of stuff: e.g.low blood sugar. Do you eat regularly through the day or are you a one big meal sort of person? On something like an elliptical it might also be related to movement/motion sickness. Do you normally wear glasses and take them off to exercise?

Sounds like some issues with blood circulation, if you get dizzy so fast. Also as the person above mentions, low sugar levels might also cause it. If I'm without sugar more than a day, I get bad headaches.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-07 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    Maybe you ought to see a doctor about that.
    This, also, you should check if it is just playing or sitting (or working) in front of your computer in general.

Hopefully you're just bored of playing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Take a break from gaming.

If that doesn't help:

2) See a doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sounds like some issues with blood circulation, if you get dizzy so fast. Also as the person above mentions, low sugar levels might also cause it. If I'm without sugar more than a day, I get bad headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    What is the lighting like in the room where you play? Also some people might tend to get fucked up depth perception when a screen takes up much of their field of view but are fine otherwise. I had some "spinnies" when standing up when I first moved to a 27" screen for gaming. I had to push it to the back of the desk for a while until I got used to it and moved it closer over time.

Headache after exercise might be caused by a tonne of stuff: e.g.low blood sugar. Do you eat regularly through the day or are you a one big meal sort of person? On something like an elliptical it might also be related to movement/motion sickness. Do you normally wear glasses and take them off to exercise?
    Lighting is good, I hate playing in a dark room. Screen is not the issue as I've been having this for a few years and changed screens plenty of time in that lapse. It could be blood sugar - I've never checked that part before. My grandfather had diabetes, so it might be worth checking if my insulin works properly.

For a while I thought it might be blood pressure, but whenever I had tests, everything came back clear. (Had echo, electro, echo with effort, blood pressure, etc). It's even more awkward since the issue is there when I do physical efforts - thing is, my BMI is in the healthy range, so I really have no clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    1) Take a break from gaming.

If that doesn't help:

2) See a doctor.
    The only thing that seems to help me, so far, is to sleep. Literally. The problem is that I sleep at night, then I sleep during the day once, sometime twice. That's not very efficient when you have to go to work or school.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that seems to help me, so far, is to sleep. Literally. The problem is that I sleep at night, then I sleep during the day once, sometime twice. That's not very efficient when you have to go to work or school.
    So, go see a doctor. /thread
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So, go see a doctor. /thread
    Been there, done that. Hence why I ask if anyone had similar experience, so I may find another avenue to navigate with this. Blood pressure, heart, hydration, body mass and nutrition are fine.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That's mostly your body craving sugar, almost like what it does during a drug withdrawal (though obviously not anywhere near as extreme)... not because you need sugar, your body just wants it...

I used to get that until I stopped eating sugar entirely, I feel a lot better now.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Been there, done that. Hence why I ask if anyone had similar experience, so I may find another avenue to navigate with this. Blood pressure, heart, hydration, body mass and nutrition are fine.
    It won't hurt to get your eyes tested if you haven't had them done for a while. Even if you feel like you have 20/20 vision it is possible to have an astigmatism that can cause, amongst other things, fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That's mostly your body craving sugar, almost like a drug withdrawl... not because you need sugar, your body just wants it...

I used to get that until I stopped eating sugar entirely, I feel a lot better now.
    Very likely. However, in moderation sugar isn't that bad, so I see no reason to stop taking it.

It won't hurt to get your eyes tested if you haven't had them done for a while. Even if you feel like you have 20/20 vision it is possible to have an astigmatism that can cause, amongst other things, fatigue.
    It's a good idea. I used to get migraines and headaches regularly before I got my vision checked, and got my glasses/contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having an appointment next week about my eyes. I haven't done a proper test in years, although as far as I remember I had this problem way before that. We'll see how it turns out.

Basically, I have this, blood sugar levels and also sleep apnea that I'd like to check. If it's not within these three I really have no idea.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account

Basically, I have this, blood sugar levels and also sleep apnea that I'd like to check. If it's not within these three I really have no idea.
    Have them do a check for anemia too (Red Blood Cell/Hemoglobin)
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Might help if you take more frequent breaks. Maybe take a 5 minute break to walk around every 30 minutes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Lighting is good, I hate playing in a dark room. Screen is not the issue as I've been having this for a few years and changed screens plenty of time in that lapse. It could be blood sugar - I've never checked that part before. My grandfather had diabetes, so it might be worth checking if my insulin works properly.

For a while I thought it might be blood pressure, but whenever I had tests, everything came back clear. (Had echo, electro, echo with effort, blood pressure, etc). It's even more awkward since the issue is there when I do physical efforts - thing is, my BMI is in the healthy range, so I really have no clues.
    Talk to a doctor, given that it also occurs during strenuous physical activity, and isn't specifically a blood pressure problem - it could be fairly serious.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I had some fatigue and vertigo/dizziness issues before I started supplementing with magnesium; drinking a lot of carbonated beverages/caffeine often robs your body of electrolytes. Supplementation helped.

I'd go to the doctor and get a checkup, could be a lot of things (blood sugar, flu, nutritional deficiency, something else).

whatever your health problem is, im sorry to tell you that your doctor is likely going to just give you meds and call it a day. I would start with a better diet, but no one is going to try that. If diet fails, look into making your body to its best, detoxify it and look into what may be causing the issue, toxins of any kind. Now i know most ppl rather take a pill and live a sickening lifestyle, because omg, life is too hard and we should be allowed to abuse ourselves and suffer no consequences, well nature doesn't care, its up to you to.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Deleted
    Do not take medical advice from a forum. Get Medical advice from experts.