Shirts, Tabards, and Weapons in the new system

Hi All,

I downloaded and logged into the PTR briefly last night. But I'm quite confused by a few features of the new system.

When you save transmog outfits, do you have to include the shirt, tabard, and weapons slots? In the equipment manager you can exclude any slot from an outfit. This further confuses me if I'm saving an outfit with a 2h weapon, but I'm currently wearing a 1h/shield (substitute any =/= transmogrifiable weapons).

My ideal situation would be to create an 8 or 9 piece saved set excluding shirt, tabard, and weapon and then apply the shirt, tabard, and weapon that I want at the time. By the way, many shirts and tabards are not uncommon/green quality or higher. Do these still unlock account-wide?

I also don't want to mog a tabard or shirt accidentally so that when I equip it later it has a different appearance than its own. Can I solve this by unequipping those slots? Are we intended to no longer have tabards? Originally I thought these slots might be built into the character interface and not be part of a transmogrification system (kind of like how you have the little tabs for choosing gear from your bags for the equipment manager). I plan on retaining a certain number of items that I use for travel, two of which are tabards (Argent Crusade and Baradin Wardens).

Lastly, has anyone heard anything about putting the hide cloak/helm/shoulders back into the interface? There are times I want to have my cloak and times I don't, but whether I want it showing is independent of what its model is.

From what I understood, you open the appearances window and Ctrl+Click items into your dressing room to try them on, then when you have as few or as many pieces as you want, you click the dropdown menu and save that as an outfit, to apply later.

Blue and Epic tabards are still account wide.

To hide a cloak helm or shoulders, the interface option is gone, and you have to actually transmog it to the "invisible" look to hide it.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hmm. Well, it appears that if I unequip the item from my character and save the outfit it does what I want it to do. When I then apply the outfit in the transmogrify system it only affects the slots I saved with the outfit and does not remove or change the other slots. This is unfortunate though. I don't want to have to unequip items to create armor outfits.