Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    as an unrelated new study, Do Men Advance Faster Than Women? Debunking the Gender Performance Gap in Two Massively Multiplayer Online Games, reveals results contrary to common expectations.
    What a stupid, dishonest study:
    Accounting for differences in playing time, character choice and membership in a players’ guild, they found that women advanced at least as fast as men.

“Once you take into account all these confounding factors, the gender differences disappear,” Shen said. “There is no gender difference.”
    Are these people shitting me? They controlled for playing time and guild? Controlling for these things when you're ostensibly looking at skill is either ignorant or dishonest.

Kotaku is right up there with Gawker but good riddance to idiots who run their mouths. It's honestly pretty normal for anyone who's good to get accused of cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What a stupid, dishonest study:

Are these people shitting me? They controlled for playing time and guild? Controlling for these things when you're ostensibly looking at skill is either ignorant or dishonest.
    The study is based on leveling, hahaha. Leveling = skill apparently. Reading through this study, it actually has a lot of limitations and weaknesses. The article and conclusion are way off of each other. The research is very narrow and does nothing to prove or disprove anything except that women apparently level at the same rate as men but don't play as much. Next we'll figure out that the sun rises in the east and that water is wet. After sitting through a Women's and Gender studies class, I learned how research is misused much more specifically. Kotaku is a fucking shithole of a website. I recommend against going there.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2016-07-07 at 11:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    we found a less attractive real life d.va!

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is so good they're accused of cheating?

Or better yet, they're so good they get haters?

Maybe she needs to sit down and cry it out with..

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a woman has nothing to do with it. Plenty of men have been accused of cheating. In fact, this should be a sign of equality more than "discrimination". Not many women are pro gamers so it's rare that one is good enough to be accused of cheating like so many men have in the past. You have to be really incredible to draw this much attention and right off the top of my head I already know at least two men that have gotten the same treatment. Taimou and Surefour. So don't automatically assume it's discrimination. Cheating is cheating and people are going to be pissed about it whether you have a dick or not.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy