Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pre-Purchase confusion.

I've seen a few threads about this but nobody seems to give more details.

So who pre-purchases the game has access to the Demon Hunter when the Legion pre-patch hits in 19-20 July. I never pre-purchase so I don't know how this works.

Is it a must to make a digital pre-purchase in order to have access to the DH ? What if I want to have the physical copy of the game and make a physical copy pre-purchase, how would that work ?

To have early access, yes must pre purchase. Unfortunately Blizz for some reason doesnt do digital now, physical later pre purchase. So if you want DH early, have to get the digital deluxe. If you want early Dh and the Collectors Edt stuff like soundtrack and art, have to buy both. Which is bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    To have early access, yes must pre purchase. Unfortunately Blizz for some reason doesnt do digital now, physical later pre purchase. So if you want DH early, have to get the digital deluxe. If you want early Dh and the Collectors Edt stuff like soundtrack and art, have to buy both. Which is bullshit.
    I believe Blizzard has a track record for helping those that digitally download and then later wants physical CE. You buy digital, then when CE comes out, you buy that and then get your digital purchase refunded through customer service. It's the work around.

Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    I believe Blizzard has a track record for helping those that digitally download and then later wants physical CE. You buy digital, then when CE comes out, you buy that and then get your digital purchase refunded through customer service. It's the work around.
    Last time I did that with Warlords of Draenor, I just got a digital code to give/sell to someone else - I was not refunded the original purchase.

Well 1st, we do not know that the DH early access will be with the Pre-Patch in a recent Q&A Blizzard said they have debated the subject, with some people from the dev team wanting to release them on the 28th of August.

2nd Blizzard has made a Twitter post about this a long ass time ago. I can't remember the exact response they gave. But it was something like purchase both the physical and digital xpac than, get a refund on the Digital when you get the physical copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xela903 View Post
    Well 1st, we do not know that the DH early access will be with the Pre-Patch in a recent Q&A Blizzard said they have debated the subject, with some people from the dev team wanting to release them on the 28th of August.

2nd Blizzard has made a Twitter post about this a long ass time ago. I can't remember the exact response they gave. But it was something like purchase both the physical and digital xpac than, get a refund on the Digital when you get the physical copy.
    Pretty sure Demon Hunters have to be out at least by August 23rd? I remember them saying somewhere when I purchased that I'd have at least a week to experience demon hunters prior to the launch (Aug 30th).

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So if you want DH early, have to get the digital deluxe.
    Just to be clear, you do need to purchase the digital deluxe to get early access to the Demon Hunter, the standard edition provides the same reward. This simply gives you the cross game rewards and cosmetic goodies.

Edit - Sorry Misquote.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2016-07-07 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Last time I did that with Warlords of Draenor, I just got a digital code to give/sell to someone else - I was not refunded the original purchase.
    This is what they will do for you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20419283368

Quote Originally Posted by Nethaera
    With the digital version of World of Warcraft: Legion currently available for pre-purchase, we know many of you are interested in getting your level-100 character boost now and early access to the new Demon Hunter before launch. We also know many of you are planning to get the Collector’s Edition of Legion once it’s in stores, but would still like to get in on the action with your boost sooner rather than later.

To help you do both, we’ve set up a process similar to the one for Warlords of Draenor to receive a replacement Legion game key once you upgrade to the Collector’s Edition. Just follow these steps:

1. Pre-purchase a digital version of Legion now and begin using the included character boost immediately.
    2. Pick up your Collector’s Edition pre-order once Legion releases.
    3. Enter your Collector’s Edition key on your Battle.net Account Management page.
    4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.
    5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!

We’ll provide more information, including additional details on what’s inside the Collector’s Edition, in the near future.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    No refunds anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Pretty sure Demon Hunters have to be out at least by August 23rd? I remember them saying somewhere when I purchased that I'd have at least a week to experience demon hunters prior to the launch (Aug 30th).
    Visit Legion Pre-purchase page. Read the vague "early access to demon Hunters". Speculate all you wish how early is "early".

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No refunds anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Visit Legion Pre-purchase page. Read the vague "early access to demon Hunters". Speculate all you wish how early is "early".
    When I purchased it pretty sure it was said access would be at least 1 week prior to legions launch.

No refunds anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

people for some reason think it is available at pre patch when nothing at all points to it. If it was the case DH would be available on the ptr. they are not.

in all likeliness players will have 1 to 7 days early access to demon hunters. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    people for some reason think it is available at pre patch when nothing at all points to it. If it was the case DH would be available on the ptr. they are not.

in all likeliness players will have 1 to 7 days early access to demon hunters. thats it.
    I think we all hope for like 2 weeks worth of early access but will most likely be just enough to get out of the DH start area.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

As stated multiple times by the developers, Demon Hunters will be available to accounts that pre-purchased Legion two weeks after the pre-patch launches (the same time the Broken Shore event and demon invasions begin). Demon Hunters have been tested excessively in the Beta, so there is little to no reason to test them all over again in the PTR.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    As stated multiple times by the developers, Demon Hunters will be available to accounts that pre-purchased Legion two weeks after the pre-patch launches (the same time the Broken Shore event and demon invasions begin). Demon Hunters have been tested excessively in the Beta, so there is little to no reason to test them all over again in the PTR.
    OK, since you didn't read the thread...

WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT 2 WEEKS AFTER THE PRE-PATCH LAUNCH? WHO WAS THE DEVELOPER WHO STATED THAT AND WHERE?

THAT'S THE OFFICIAL BLIZZARD STANCE ON DEMON HUNTER ACCESS : "EARLY". Same when they state "soon"

Feel free to give us link of the developer statements you claim they exist. I claim they don't. Make me eat my hat in front of this forum, please. Else, just say "i believe that early means 2 weeks after the pre-patch launch" and don't claim "the devs said so"
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-07-08 at 08:48 AM.

OK, since you didn't read the thread...

WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT 2 WEEKS AFTER THE PRE-PATCH LAUNCH? WHO WAS THE DEVELOPER WHO STATED THAT AND WHERE?

THAT'S THE OFFICIAL BLIZZARD STANCE ON DEMON HUNTER ACCESS : "EARLY". Same when they state "soon"

Feel free to give us link of the developer statements you claim they exist. I claim they don't. Make me eat my hat in front of this forum, please. Else, just say "i believe that early means 2 weeks after the pre-patch launch" and don't claim "the devs said so"
    Well, do I have to post it on CAPS to be as cool as you?

From the Legion Summit: JudgeHype interview with Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson.

"The pre-expansion patch will contain things like class changes and the new transmog system. A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked. The demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on."

Posted in the MMO-Champion FRONT PAGE on the 10th of June

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

Eat it.

And then people realise that "a couple of weeks" is indeterminate and can mean 2 weeks more. Although most people think it is 2 week, reste assured it is not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Xela903 View Post

DHs with pre-access will be out with the Broken Shore scenario. Stop telling that, is just not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the FAQs in the PTR forum.

DHs arrive to the main world just as the Broken Shore scenario ends for everyone else.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Well, do I have to post it on CAPS to be as cool as you?

From the Legion Summit: JudgeHype interview with Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson.

"The pre-expansion patch will contain things like class changes and the new transmog system. A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked. The demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on."

Posted in the MMO-Champion FRONT PAGE on the 10th of June

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

Eat it.
    Eat what? "A couple of weeks after it is released...".

You take the word "couple" literally as in "two". Most people don't. They understand "some", meaning 2 minimum, but possible 3 or 4. Also, where are the multiple statements? I see one and vague as it is.

*returns hat.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked.
    Unfortunately this doesn't even imply all of these things will unlock on the same day. Just that all of them will release a couple weeks after the 7.0 release. Could a different couple for each one of these bullet points.

It could be all on the same day. But it could as well not be.

Vague statements like this are not promises, guarantees or anything of that sort, so don't get disappointed if your interpreation is not the one thats going to be true.

Eat what? "A couple of weeks after it is released...".

You take the word "couple" literally as in "two". Most people don't. They understand "some", meaning 2 minimum, but possible 3 or 4. Also, where are the multiple statements? I see one and vague as it is.

*returns hat.
    Zzzz

Did you play the early DH experience in Beta? If you didn't, then you're talking without knowledge.

First, facts:

1- There're HFC items and exclusive rewards from the invasion event for DHs.
    2- Demon Hunters end their starting zone just as the main faction comes back from the Broken Shore scenario.
    3- Demon Hunters use their special sight to uncover the demons among the factions, thus beggining the Demon Invasion event.
    4- If the DH pre-access wasn't a thing or they would give 1 week pre-access, they wouldn't have added items in the event for them.
    5- Giving one week for DHs to get their items is highly unfair when everyone else gets 6? weeks.
    6- Illidari are the main faction of the event, not giving pre-access at that point would be just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Unfortunately this doesn't even imply all of these things will unlock on the same day. Just that all of them will release a couple weeks after the 7.0 release. Could a different couple for each one of these bullet points.

It could be all on the same day. But it could as well not be.

Vague statements like this are not promises, guarantees or anything of that sort, so don't get disappointed if your interpreation is not the one thats going to be true.
    I know DH's are not coming out the first day, but the Broken Shore scenario isn't either. That's what's most likely to happen.

The first wave of the prepatch will probably be only Talents, Skills and the new UI.

The thing is, they cannot be delayed that much because the Demon Invasion event has to be long so people can farm it, and there's just no point in delaying DHs after this happens.