Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Keep up the pointless crusade, piracy isn't as bad as it can't be proven. right.

The market is there, the market will stay there and it will continue to be sold and you can continue to be outraged about something that hurts literally nobody but a few low end developers that would be better off spending more time and energy in their game design and quality rather than finding other reason why they aren't successful (aka they suck ass)
    You act like all game dev groups who have low sells are due to bad games when that isn't even close to being true.

You going to tell me this game made by one guy is a bad game?

or
    Witcher 1 that was made by a indie team at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's all he does. WAAAAH G2A IS BAD WAAAAH is literally his only argument. It's like a kid who has been told no more candy for today.
    The difference between me and you is my argument is backed up by facts and not just a opinion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You act like all game dev groups who have low sells are due to bad games when that isn't even close to being true.

You going to tell me this game made by one guy is a bad game?

or
    Witcher 1 that was made by a indie team at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference between me and you is my argument is backed up by facts and not just a opinion.
    The witcher 1 was not a great game, it suffered from many issues. Due to the witcher 1 having that many issues it forced the developer team to get better, improve. The whole reason we have the witcher 3 is due to the lessons they learned, if the witcher 1 did well we would have never had a high quality game with loads of free dlc's and DRM free.

If Elysium didn't sell well enough it was not good enough to compete with other side scrolling platformers or lacked marketing both of those things are again on that single individual.

But if a game sells badly it is not due to a site selling keys cheaper, if that was the case piracy would have bankrupted the big game houses long ago, it hasn't and it won't. It is just another scapegoat rather than setting realistic expectations when designing a product.

What facts? If you claim piracy can't be measured as a loss than neither can this as those people would not have bought the game either if it was more expensive, if you want to use such reasoning at least be mature enough to keep this consistent. Otherwise you're merely maintaining double standards for argument sake.

Fun "fact": G2A and G2Play and all their partners have been around for -years-, yet we see more game sales, more indie developers and so on, therefor the negative effect you are claiming it has is greatly exaggerated. As far as internet forum activism goes what is a pathetic activity to begin with, you sure know how to pick one of the weakest ones out there.

If you care so much about developers do you also boycot ALL products from EA, SOE (now daybreak) since they are know for being terrible employers that underpay and literally abuse intern positions? I bet you don't.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2016-07-10 at 12:12 PM.

What facts? If you claim piracy can't be measured as a loss than neither can this
    You do realize once again that charge backs on stolen keys cost company's in both money and credit right?

Stolen keys...Cost Company's...Money.

5 simple words do you not understand them? Do you not know what a charge back is and how it works? Another thing that cost's them is PR within the gaming community. Ubisoft was 100% in the right and the backlash was so big they just turned the keys back on and took the loss.

If witcher 1 didn't sell enough there wouldn't be a witcher 2 or 3 no matter how many lessons was learned. Game sells doesn't prove a game is good even more so since good is subjective.

By ur logic Call of Duty is the best game series ever since it sells more then dam near any other game each year.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-10 at 12:15 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize once again that charge backs on stolen keys cost company's in both money and credit right?

Stolen keys...Cost Company's...Money.

5 simple words do you not understand them? Do you not know what a charge back is and how it works? Another thing that cost's them is PR within the gaming community. Ubisoft was 100% in the right and the backlash was so big they just turned the keys back on and took the loss.
    This does not invalidate the point i was making at all, thank you try again.

This does not invalidate the point i was making at all, thank you try again.
    Yes it does since pirating doesn't cost a company money when charge backs do.

Me pirating GTAV is not a loss of sell because there is no proof I would buy it in the first place. Me buying a stolen key of GTAV does hurt the company because they have to do a charge back and cancel the key. Charge backs are not cheap and hurt the company's. It isn't as simple as just getting $60 back. Most of the time it will cost company's more.

Big company's like Rockstar can take that hit but smaller ones can't.

So yes it does invalidate ur point, because your point has no fact behind it while mine does.

https://www.dalpay.com/en/support/chargebacks.html
    The Cost of Chargebacks

Though accepting credit card payments is beneficial to a business, chargebacks can cause major drawbacks. If a customer disputes a transaction for one reasonor another, you will have to go through a rather complicated process, which not only loses you a sale, but costs you otherwise unnecessary fees. Chargebacks involve quite a number of stringent processes and complex procedures, which
    may end up with you on the losing end.

Credit card online transactions are considered to be CNP or Card Not Present transactions. Generally, a merchant account agreement specifies that the merchant will be 100% liable for any type of possible online fraud that might happen.
    Sadly, whether it is an actual fraudulent transaction, or a case of malicious attempt by a cardholder, the merchant will have to face the consequences. If it is determined that there is not enough proof to back up the transaction, the merchant will lose the sale and will be subjected to chargeback fees, which will range anywhere from $50 to $75 or even more. Moreover, say you shipped the merchandise to your customer through overnight shipping; you will have lost another $35 to up to $100 on top of the sales revenue you lost.
    It is unfortunate that online fraud, or fault on the side of the merchant, is not the usual cause of chargebacks. Credit card institutions are usually focused onkeeping their cardholders happy. They also would like customers to be appeased so that they continue use their cards to make purchases online. Theseinstitutions value their cardholders' best interests, such that any form of dissatisfaction or complaint usually results in chargebacks - all at the expense of honest merchants.
    The cost of chargebacks does not end only in losses in financial aspects. Racking up chargebacks has even worse consequences on the part of the merchant. During physical transactions, where both the cardholder and the card are present, it is the credit card institutions who take sole responsibility in cases of chargebacks. However, during online CNP transactions, merchants are solely responsible. Having too many cases of chargebacks will lead to steeper chargeback fees, as you will become labelled by the credit card institution as a highrisk merchant.
    Not only that, but having an excessive number of chargebacks can also lead to the potential termination of your online account. This will cripple your ability to accept credit card payments, and can lead to severe losses to your business. It is important to note that merchant accounts that become suspended due to high number of chargebacks are almost always impossible to restore. If you are a small business operating on rather thin profit margins, chargeback fees, increases and suspension will all have detrimental effects. Even if you keep your chargebacks to only 1% of your charges, the chargebacks
    you receive will still require you to spend time in retrieving details about the sale and in coming up with the necessary documents for proof, as requested by the processing bank. Any time that you spend away from the main focus of your business is a potential loss that can never be recovered.

Chargebacks can cause many problems for a merchant. The expression "guilty unless proven otherwise" is probably the best way to put it. The credit card industry has made it easier for consumers to file chargebacks and transaction disputes, while the merchants are left with little industry support, if any.
    As a merchant, the only route for you is the route that avoids these situations as much as possible, you will need to protect your site and your business from potential fraudsters and malicious buyers. Also, you need to provide the merchandise at its very best or as described, as well as the best kind of service, in order to avoid dissatisfied customers who will dispute their transactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does since pirating doesn't cost a company money when charge backs do.

Me pirating GTAV is not a loss of sell because there is no proof I would buy it in the first place. Me buying a stolen key of GTAV does hurt the company because they have to do a charge back and cancel the key. Charge backs are not cheap and hurt the company.

Big company's like Rockstar can take that hit but smaller ones can't.

So yes it does invalidate ur point, because your point has no fact behind it while mine does.
    You keep using fact randomly, the more you use it the less value it has in your posts and those posts. I have yet to see any detailed sales sheet to lays out in comparison what is actually lost compared to the entire sales of said product, or data from G2A proving that the majority their sold products are stolen all i see are random words. And you are nobody, you are nothing no authority on this matter what so ever so, no you haven't provide any fact. Repeating something without something to back it up doesn't magically make it more credible on the n-th time.

To spell it out on a toddler level.

Pirate game = game not bought otherwise.
    G2A sold game = game not bought otherwise.

The matter of charge back only comes into play if we assume the game would have actually been sold otherwise and as said before if you can proof the majority of such sold products are stolen. What you can't.

G'day.

The matter of charge back only comes into play if we assume the game would have actually been sold otherwise and as said before if you can proof the majority of such sold products are stolen. What you can't.

G'day.
    Ummmmm no.

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. illegal keys are keys bought on stolen CC's and company's have to do charge backs because of.

Like I said its clear you don't know what you are talking about so ya g'day.

Inform yourself before talking anymore otherwise you will just look like a fool. You clearly don't understand how any of this works even tho its been repeated many times in this thread alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummmmm no.

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. illegal keys are keys bought on stolen CC's and company's have to do charge backs because of.

Like I said its clear you don't know what you are talking about so ya g'day.

Inform yourself before talking anymore otherwise you will just look like a fool. You clearly don't understand how any of this works even tho its been repeated many times in this thread alone.
    Yes, i wouldn't want to dare to step on your level of expertise, acting the fool role is all yours!

Seeing you're still not getting the point i made, i doubt you ever will.

Yes, i wouldn't want to dare to step on your level of expertise, acting the fool role is all yours!

Seeing you're still not getting the point i made, i doubt you ever will.
    Prove what I said wrong.....can't didn't think so.

See that is the difference between opinion and fact. I know how a charge back works and I know how stolen keys work. You are ether just defending G2A or just ignorant of the topic at hand.

educate yourself on the topic and come back then we can chat about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove what I said wrong.....can't didn't think so.

See that is the difference between opinion and fact. I know how a charge back works and I know how stolen keys work. You are ether just defending G2A or just ignorant of the topic at hand.

educate yourself on the topic and come back then we can chat about it.
    Last post since i already need to spare my energy when i have to deal with the toddlers of my brother this summer, so can't spare investing too much in this topic.
    It's rather amusing that you can't see past the simple point of that before a charge back has to take place a game has to be sold, the argument i made was in my eyes so simple that's hard that you don't get it without being intentionally obtuse.

If G2A didn't exist, the company wouldn't be seeing a gain since there would be no sale. Again mr. factity fact, provide a detailed sales sheet that lays out that the number of actual chargeback over the gross number of sales outnumber it all and create a loss and do this for a series of products.

If you can't do this you're merely constructing an opinion that you think you are right. That just one company is now in a law suit with them over the years that they have existed would by most people by a sign that the negative impact they have on sales is neglectable for majority of the companies.

All you have provided is some general information about charge backs, nothing that goes in detail and takes into consideration the actual examples in the topic.

aka, you're just fabricating things that suit your narrative.

Anyway have fun with your utter pointless battle that is mostly done for attention seeking reasons and with that i'm done

It's rather amusing that you can't see past the simple point of that before a charge back has to take place a game has to be sold
    Yes and that game key is bought via stolen CC's and sold on G2A.

Understand yet? The keys on G2A don't just appear out of thin air. Your "Game must be bought" is achieved by them being bought with stolen CC's and the key sold on G2A.

G2A does not background check anything.

Edit: To be 100% clear not saying all keys are stolen. But enough is and G2A needs to fix its system. They profit off of stolen goods and the only protection customers get is if they pay for it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-10 at 01:13 PM.

Please you crap on G2A like it's worse than murder. Even the people who spend their time bashing WoW are less worse than you.

Please you crap on G2A like it's worse than murder. Even the people who spend their time bashing WoW are less worse than you.
    Attack me because u can't prove what I said wrong....

Attack me because u can't prove what I said wrong....
    No I'm attacking you because you spew hatred and act like G2A is worse than murder or any other harsh crime. You are 100% correct no doubt but there are far worse things in the world than a few stolen game keys.

No I'm attacking you because you spew hatred and act like G2A is worse than murder or any other harsh crime. You are 100% correct no doubt but there are far worse things in the world than a few stolen game keys.
    Never said there wasn't worse things.

But last checked this is a thread about G2A not world hunger.

Never said there wasn't worse things.

But last checked this is a thread about G2A not world hunger.
    Oh please with the amount of whining you do about it you make it sound like it's on par with murder. Also brb gonna buy myself a key off G2A for when I get home later

Oh please with the amount of whining you do about it you make it sound like it's on par with murder. Also brb gonna buy myself a key off G2A for when I get home later
    You are whining about my whining....

You add nothing to the topic at hand and all you can do is attack others. Want to talk about worse things go make a thread for it.

Don't like what I got to say (Even tho its true) block me then. Done replying to you since its clear that its pointless.

You are whining about my whining....

You add nothing to the topic at hand and all you can do is attack others. Want to talk about worse things go make a thread for it.

Don't like what I got to say (Even tho its true) block me then. Done replying to you since its clear that its pointless.
    Sure you are. Keep spewing your hate for G2A. Hell go to wherever they are and protest outside their place of business. . I'm sure your 1 man crusade will eventually get them shut down.

Deleted
    Sure you are. Keep spewing your hate for G2A. Hell go to wherever they are and protest outside their place of business. . I'm sure your 1 man crusade will eventually get them shut down.
    It's not a one man crusade. If you weren't raised in a barrel, you'd probably be aware of the fact that great many of big youtubers and media outlets have ran with the story and G2A was forced into action.

And yes, buying stolen goods is illegal and I hope some day you people will be held responsible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It's not a one man crusade. If you weren't raised in a barrel, you'd probably be aware of the fact that great many of big youtubers and media outlets have ran with the story and G2A was forced into action.

And yes, buying stolen goods is illegal and I hope some day you people will be held responsible for it.
    Yeah I'm sure we will.