Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Does Culture cause Racism?

in 2015, there were 1534 shootings by white cops against unarmed black people. Majority of these were in poorer areas of the USA.

Do you think it is blind Racism by whites against blacks? or...

Do you think that these white police officers see the upbringing of african-americans in these poor areas and know they are all struggling to make ends meet. Therefore making their actions unpredictable when attemping to pull them over or talk etc.

This ultimately leads to a scared police officer who has a gun and any slight action from the unarmed african-american is going to send them into a fight or flight mode in which they obviously use the gun against that unarmed person.

What's the stats on other races?

Need context.

It's called American society is afraid of labeling thug culture thug culture in case it's seen as racist.

The worst enemy of African-Americans has and always will be African-Americans.

Deleted
    I'd say it does.

i think this is the safest, least deadly, most calm time in human history and most things are wildly blown out of proportion on all ends.

I think black lives matter is the same as the KKK.

I think there are very very very few bad cops. They are a massive statistical minority.

Compare % of cops killing unarmed African Americans, to % of African Americans killing each other.

Bad shit happens, it always has, we are just in the era of "outrage" leading to higher tensions and more racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Does Culture cause Racism?
    A: Sometimes, but not always.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    in 2015, there were 1534 shootings by white cops against unarmed black people. Majority of these were in poorer areas of the USA.

Do you think that these white police officers see the upbringing of african-americans in these poor areas and know they are all struggling to make ends meet. Therefore making their actions unpredictable when attemping to pull them over or talk etc.

This ultimately leads to a scared police officer who has a gun and any slight action from the unarmed african-american is going to send them into a fight or flight mode in which they obviously use the gun against that unarmed person.
    Those "statistics" aren't right. There were 1,134 PEOPLE killed by police in the US in 2015, there were around 500 white killed by police, and around 270 black killed by police. There is no statistic tracking how many of those cops were white, nor does it track if those shootings were "justified" where the person was armed or not, spin your BS somewhere else.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2016-07-08 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Show the stats with cops shooting whites OP and you will BTFO your own argument.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

race causes racism....duh

Not sure where you get that number from?

The source of the chart is the site itself... (did some digging, the sources are mostly other random websites)

It doesn't even show "white cops shooting against unarmed black people". Nowhere does your number appear.

I'd go by Washington Post before that site
    In a year-long study, The Washington Post found that the kind of incidents that have ignited protests in many U.S. communities — most often, white police officers killing unarmed black men — represent less than 4 percent of fatal police shootings. Meanwhile, The Post found that the great majority of people who died at the hands of the police fit at least one of three categories: they were wielding weapons, they were suicidal or mentally troubled, or they ran when officers told them to halt.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...t-nearly-1000/
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-07-08 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post
    It's called American society is afraid of labeling thug culture thug culture in case it's seen as racist.

The worst enemy of African-Americans has and always will be African-Americans.
    Cut the bullshit, news anchors were quick to call black people thugs for years just because unlawful kills aren't auto labeledthugs doesn't mean ppl are afraid of being seen as racist maybe most black people aren't thugs and it's just a way to dehumanize black people in news or anything involving unfair politics.

Here's your facts:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UMYh_vTr0w

In Philly black police officers were nearly twice as likely as white police officers to shoot an unarmed black. So are all these black police officers just "blind racists" (as you put it) to other blacks?
    Last edited by Speaker; 2016-07-08 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Those "statistics" aren't right. There were 1,134 PEOPLE killed by police in the US in 2015, there were around 500 white killed by police, and around 270 black killed by police. There is no statistic tracking how many of those cops were white, nor does it track if those shootings were "justified" where the person was armed or not, spin your BS somewhere else.

Good old context.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Gonna quote this for truth, same as the guy above.

The Conservative platform has fueled extremely discriminatory treatment against the minority groups for a long while now, and given they have influence over a rather large part of the nation, it's easy to see why there's institutional racism.

Unfortunately, they will be sticking around for a while until the demographic shifts more in favor of the libertarian-leaning younger crowd.

If you honestly feel that racism needs to be fixed faster, then you should vote.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Yes. I get very racist because the new iron man is a black girl. #firstworldproblems

ps: I swear I wasn't racist before
    Last edited by Guyv3r; 2016-07-08 at 09:04 AM.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

This is the America society living off drama like this. The deaths are by design. This is the first stage of game shows like "The Running Man" happening. Just the first taste. It's not racism really in that the typcial US citizen glued to the TV for drama like this isn't interested in the colour of the dead. It's actually rather anti-racist in that the only thing they're interested is the body count and if tensions are high enough to expect more fun action. Skin colour doesn't matter half as much as the bodycount. A good holdup or snipers hiding down somewhere is awesome, and the next best thing to a shooting is a manhunt.
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-07-08 at 09:09 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The Conservative platform has fueled extremely discriminatory treatment against the minority groups for a long while now, and given they have influence over a rather large part of the nation, it's easy to see why there's institutional racism.

Unfortunately, they will be sticking around for a while until the demographic shifts more in favor of the libertarian-leaning younger crowd.

If you honestly feel that racism needs to be fixed faster, then you should vote.
    Oh get over yourself. Gangs in the USA distribute drugs, the 'war on drugs' targets distribution more than use, the most prolific gangs in the USA since the 80's are the bloods and crips who are, surprise, African American gangs. I'd really love to find how many jailing are for possession with intent to distribute and pull them out of the numbers to see how much that really does skew them.