Coming to the end - Tier set question

Hello all,

I've been playing warlock a while now, and have had 3p T18 for ages, with no joy on either the helm or the legs. I've been out-rolled x 5, had a RL take them for the chance of a WF/socket for himself, DC-d from a pug when I'd won them and spent 16 bonus rolls on getting the 4 piece, and finally it happened last night!

Only trouble is it was the helm that dropped on Normal, helping out a few friends last night. I'm at i718, with 3pc Heroic tier.

I sit with Heroic Prince Ascendant Crown at i730 (2/2) to be replaced with the i695 one (0/2) . So that's a 25iLevel drop in helm piece. 100 intel etc.

I play Aff/Dest and wondered if the worth the drop on that one piece of armour is worth picking up the 4pc bonus? I can see if for Affliction with the extension to haunt, but the Dest Chaos Bolt RNG i'm not sure about.

I know we sit late in the expansion, but for my own knowledge, any help would be greatly received.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    Hello all,

I've been playing warlock a while now, and have had 3p T18 for ages, with no joy on either the helm or the legs. I've been out-rolled x 5, had a RL take them for the chance of a WF/socket for himself, DC-d from a pug when I'd won them and spent 16 bonus rolls on getting the 4 piece, and finally it happened last night!

Only trouble is it was the helm that dropped on Normal, helping out a few friends last night. I'm at i718, with 3pc Heroic tier.

I sit with Heroic Prince Ascendant Crown at i730 (2/2) to be replaced with the i695 one (0/2) . So that's a 25iLevel drop in helm piece. 100 intel etc.

I play Aff/Dest and wondered if the worth the drop on that one piece of armour is worth picking up the 4pc bonus? I can see if for Affliction with the extension to haunt, but the Dest Chaos Bolt RNG i'm not sure about.

I know we sit late in the expansion, but for my own knowledge, any help would be greatly received.
    To answer your question, it help in the next xpac to keep more shards. But is not game breaking to use it at this time.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $284.81 says know your role.

Seeing as Haunt's gone in Legion, extension of Haunt is useless. But keep both, if for nothing else, transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    Seeing as Haunt's gone in Legion, extension of Haunt is useless. But keep both, if for nothing else, transmog.
    Hellfire Citadel tier set bonuses are being adjusted in the pre-patch. Transferred my Warrior over to the PTR and saw his two and four set bonuses changed for Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Hellfire Citadel tier set bonuses are being adjusted in the pre-patch. Transferred my Warrior over to the PTR and saw his two and four set bonuses changed for Arms.
    I just meant that Aff's changed to a small damage increase on UA damage, and it's really not going to make that big of a difference in leveling speed.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    I just meant that Aff's changed to a small damage increase on UA damage, and it's really not going to make that big of a difference in leveling speed.
    Ah, I see. Agreed then.