Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    [QUOTE=ComputerNerd;41286687]Exactly.
    Being available during the event does not exclude availability afterwards.
    The legion pre-event, and the battlefield barrens events prove that.
    There are still portions of their rewards available.

The Legion pre-event can't prove it, as it hasn't happened yet. As I said, I'm yet to see anything indicating the items will be available later in the expansion, but I hope that's the case.

What is still available from Battlefield Barrens, again, that you don't need to have already unlocked on that character to obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I am not saying it is. After I was burned on Warlords of Draenor since I pre-purchased and then bought the Collector's Edition, only to find out I was NOT credited back the original payment for the pre-purchase but rather given a code to give or sell to someone else when all my friends that play the game already had their copy was unacceptable. It is the sole reason I am not buying the Collector's Edition this time around since I will once again get a useless code and end up paying twice for the same game.
    I'm not saying you specifically were, I was just heading off that little chestnut in case anyone tried to "help" or otherwise dismiss my annoyance by suggesting paying for the game twice makes the problem go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post

See? I even said it's not a solution and they still "suggest" it like it's an acceptable response.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm not saying you specifically were, I was just heading off that little chestnut in case anyone tried to "help" or otherwise dismiss my annoyance by suggesting paying for the game twice makes the problem go away.
    Of course.

"4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.
    5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!"

This is NOT what players want...

Of course.

"4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.
    5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!"

This is NOT what players want...
    I'd bet money that they will refund it, saying to give it to a friend is just PR.

I'd bet money that they will refund it, saying to give it to a friend is just PR.
    They did not with Warlords of Draenor. Multiple people have already tried contacting Customer Support to refund the key when they get their Collector's Edition, and the supervisors told them no.

Your blind optimism will get you in trouble one day...

Not according to RedGamer030's experience with the situation last time, nor my experience in talking with GMs.

What is still available from Battlefield Barrens, again, that you don't need to have already unlocked on that character to obtain?
    Kor'Kron Supply Satchel (bag), and Gahz'rooki's Summoning Stone (pet).
    Those are still rare drops from the Kor'kron mobs still present in the area.

So it is possible blizzard will allow them to be available later, or they may not.
    We should ask them.

It could depend in part on whether there is any persistent presence after the event.
    In the case of battlefield barrens there still is.
    In addition to there still being a presence at the dark portal.
    Therefore in those cases you provide a relevant source for the drops.

Especially given the warglaive, I think there is a good argument for players without pre-orders to have another source for at least that model, and ideally all of them.
    There are BoE weapons which other players are going to be selling, so those I see as less of an issue.
    However that one is BoP, as are some others.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-09 at 06:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Kor'Kron Supply Satchel (bag), and Gahz'rooki's Summoning Stone (pet).
    Those are still rare drops from the Kor'kron mobs still present in the area.

So it is possible blizzard will allow them to be available later, or they may not.
    We should ask them.[/QUOTE]

I'm attempting to do so. Problem is, the information is required sooner rather than later, as the patch is coming up shortly.

Those rewards aren't quite as notable to me as one of ten or so models for a weapon type being exclusive. I thought you were talking about the toys.

They did not with Warlords of Draenor. Multiple people have already tried contacting Customer Support to refund the key when they get their Collector's Edition, and the supervisors told them no.

Your blind optimism will get you in trouble one day...
    M8 the only thing I'm blinded by is the light!

lol i was thinking it was gonna be a cool skin, but it looks so terrible that i could care less

I'm attempting to do so. Problem is, the information is required sooner rather than later, as the patch is coming up shortly.

Those rewards aren't quite as notable to me as one of ten or so models for a weapon type being exclusive. I thought you were talking about the toys.
    I did not intend to give that impression, but it is still an example where some rewards from a limited event remain available.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-09 at 06:13 AM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    2h sword?

don't you mean mace?

I don't see a 2h sword as part of the rewards
    No. He means 2h sword: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13916...d-guards-tooth

However, he should also stop crying... it's BoE.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Unfortunately all this does is basically say, "Buy it twice and give one of them to a friend!"

Or sell it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    Or sell it to them.
    This man is a thinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Unfortunately all this does is basically say, "Buy it twice and give one of them to a friend!"
    Read just a couple posts beneath that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    99% sure that your fear is completely unfounded.

If the warglave model is that special, chances are, they will flag the item to auto populate into the new Wardrobe Xmog system even if you cant equip it, like I believe they said would happen to the Movie Promotional Items. My only Alliance Toon is a Druid, who literally can not equip either of the alliance Movie Xmog Rewards, but I am fairly sure they said that simply owning the item for those things would add it to the Wardrobe when it goes live.
    The movie promotional items will be done so via the achievements.
    Something those weapons do not have.

You earn the faction appropriate achievement by logging onto a character of that faction during the 2 month timeframe.
    You don't need to retrieve the mail.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Getting the achievement just requires logging in, so while you won't be able to retrieve the items from the mail, that should otherwise qualify the account so when the transmog system is implemented they are automatically added to your collection.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#8
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-09 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

I did not intend to give that impression, but it is still an example where some rewards from a limited event remain available.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Yeah, I know it happens ocassionally, but this situation doesn't seem like it will... Hopefully the fact that the weapons aren't purchasable with Nethershards while the armour ensembles are means the weapons will be available elsewhere at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Discard View Post
    No. He means 2h sword: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13916...d-guards-tooth

However, he should also stop crying... it's BoE.
    It's weird, and somewhat aggravating, that some of the weapons are BoE while others are BoP.

This man is a thinker.
    Oh yeah, that will work - selling your key to friends who already have one themselves. Great thinking...

This man is a thinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Read just a couple posts beneath that.
    Ah yes, sell a Key to friends who already bought their own. Genius!

I mean, never mind the fact the system is strongly skewed toward encouraging people to buy the digital pre-order themselves rather than wait, or the fact that most people interested in Legion without caring about getting a physical copy are likely to have their own copy by the time physical purchasers are able to go buy their own copy, get home, call customer service and get another key when the expansion's already launched...