Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

If earth had two evolved dominant species

So what would life be like if there was a second intelligent, evolved, dominant species on earth? We have a hard enough to manage our own species and we don't do well with sharing.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-09 at 06:24 PM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Sorry for the spelling errors in the title. My meds are making my brain foggy tonigjt
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It would be interesting, also if we had 2-3 suns that cycled around so we never had night except for like once a year or every 10 years or something.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So what would life be like if there was a second intelligent, evolved, dominant species on earth? We have a hard enough to manage our own species and we don't do well with sharing.
    There already are some fellow smart weed species lurking about, namely ravens who have incredible intelligence for their size. Though they are hardly the top of the food chain or an apex predator, they have spread along side humans and are very bright creatures capable of communication, memory and even crude forms of social culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Maybe if we spent all this time with another species, we'd be more peaceful and less hateful. .>>

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It would be interesting, also if we had 2-3 suns that cycled around so we never had night except for like once a year or every 10 years or something.
    Praising the sun 24/. would get tiring fast, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing that already happened. One would lose the competition that is natural selection and there would be one dominant species.

It would end up with just one. Kinda like homosapiens vs Neanderthals.

That or humans would blow up the other, or the other would off is after they got sick of us poking them.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. You guys are smart. Beat me to it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One side would've been wiped out before the industrial age.

There was, one died out.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Humans would fight each other less and them more.
    Pretty much. I expect the same if we ever find aliens, the same basic principle. If there's something more different than we are from each other we'll turn to that as a new thing to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lucky for us the only ones with half a brain get trapped in tuna nets.

10+ Year Old Account
    At one time this was the case then we killed off the neanderthals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Pretty much. I expect the same if we ever find aliens, the same basic principle. If there's something more different than we are from each other we'll turn to that as a new thing to murder.
    The interesting part about that is the fact that if we encountered aliens some wise ass presenting a plan on how to nuke their mothership out of the sky on the premise of "if we can't see any more ships around that's probably all they have" would probably start an intergalactic war we can't possibly win. If anyone came here now they'd be so wastly superior in technological advancement, to the point where it's incomprehensible for even the brightest of us, but human nature dictates that they have to be destroyed for our own gain!

15+ Year Old Account
    It'd basically be like that movie Avatar, Humans would try to wipe them out for control of the planet's natural resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post

I like to think we fucked them out of existence.

Make love not war

Yeah, arent there studies that europeans have parts of dna that is related to neanderthals? Parts which people from africa don't have.

So yeah... sure, there are no neanderthals left, but they most likely mixed with us.

Deleted
    Google articles by Svante Paabo's group. They've done really extraordinary, breathtaking work in ancient human genomics, pretty much proving we've had (limited) intermixing with Neanderthals. He's also the one who managed to find Denisovians, the *other* human species we, errr, won against.

I had the privilege of hearing Paabo's public lecture at FENS 2014, to say I was impressed would be an understatement. Incredible work, dude is a genius, also, his mannerisms and body language are a bit like Sheldon from that one stupid TV show. Heh.

We would have evolved differently to deal with this and sleep easier during the day.

Seems highly unlikely two intelligent species would evolve in the same timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    If we had 2-3 suns, it wouldnt be light all the time, it would pretty much be the same as now cause option a) All the stars would be in the center of the solar system with the smaller one circling the central bigger star just like planets, so they would still set one after another and we'd still have long nights. Or b) The other star(s) would have to be on the outer orbits around a central star but then they would have to be VERY far away cause stars are massive and would mess up the orbits of the planets if they are too close so they would still be less bright than the Earths Moon is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    There were other human species too, like the "hobbits" (Homo floresiensis). Wish we could bring them back though.. for science!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Seems highly unlikely two intelligent species would evolve in the same timeframe.
    Its actually more likely considering all mammals alive today evolved from a single ratlike ancestors. Different separated populations of the "missing link" could easily evolve into different hominid species.