Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Actually its quite common that the prepatch for a new expansion brings changes to classes that alters the difficulty of raids. Its been happening since at least TBC.

The TBC prepatch especially with tank changes, made aoe tanking a joke and a lot of things much easier
    The problem isn't when the changes make the content easier, it's when they make the content harder as is the case with this expansion's pre-patch but not the others. Hence the difference.

If they don't nerf hfc more and all of wod before live I can definitely see a panic hotfix happening fast. Either way I think more nerfs will happen at some point

People seem to be forgetting while base most classes didn't lose a ton of damage, the raid itself lost every single buff, which is a HUGE difference. No class is doing more damage on PTR than they are on live, as a lock I have noticed about a roughly 30% nerf in damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    People seem to be forgetting while base most classes didn't lose a ton of damage,
    All classes lost a ton of base dmg some more than others but all lost a lot.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-07-10 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otinar View Post
    You all should read: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612223506#1
    They are reporting loss of up to 50% dps with the pre-patch on most classes.
    Yep, Beta Testers and even Alpha players have been complaining about classes being that broken for months now, to no avail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The problem isn't when the changes make the content easier, it's when they make the content harder as is the case with this expansion's pre-patch but not the others. Hence the difference.
    This is basicly what happened in the WoD prepatch. We jsut never noticed because the raids got nerfed so hard. Just like now

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    All class lost a ton of base dmg some more than others but all lost a lot.
    No, most of the damage loss is from losing buffs, and then trinket/class set nerfs, as for actually spells damage they didn't change much (unless you are losing a spell, but that is a bit different, RIP aff locks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

reading about the hfc 30% buff on the offical forums there is a lot of talk (tested by heroic and mythic raiders) saying that blackhand is now acutally harder than archi.
    Mainly because players are doing only 70-75% of the damage they used to do. tanks have lost a tonne of self heals, and healers are suffering around 30-35% heal reduction as well as no longer having spirit so their mana regen is near cactus.
    which is leading to talk of the buff/debuff being applied to at least BRF as well.

In your opinion.

Blizzard has already determined how difficult world content and dungeon content should be, so you don't have to. To ensure that difficulty is maintained following the "lost DPS of almost 80% of the specs", the world and dungeon content would also need appropriate nerfs.
    Is your gripe is that they nerfed HFC but not everything else, despite everything else being completely irrelevant? You can solo the only relevant world boss in the game. Sorry dude, nobody's gonna give a shit if Mythic dungeons suddenly become 5% more difficult because people are doing less damage. But they absolutely will give a shit if guilds who've been farming 13/13M for more than a year are suddenly unable to defeat the first wing of the instance.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-07-10 at 02:34 AM. Reason: a word

The fact that they are two weeks from live and they haven't even thought this through on how much they would need to nerf and what they'd need to nerf after 9ish months in alpha/beta is a very bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Is your gripe is that they nerfed HFC but not everything else, despite everything being completely irrelevant? You can solo the only relevant world boss in the game. Sorry dude, nobody's gonna give a shit if Mythic dungeons suddenly become 5% more difficult because people are doing less damage. But they absolutely will give a shit if guilds who've been farming 13/13M for more than a year are suddenly unable to defeat the first wing of the instance.
    Tanks have lost tons of self healing and healers have lost tons of their healing power + mana regen, I'll assure you that with whats currently on the PTR, no one is going to be soloing Kazzak or mythic dungeons as it is on live realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That's not what this is about - this became a question of whether or not I know how to play my class as soon as he decided to be a dick and pull the "disgustingly awful" remark out of his ass, gear not scaling as well into mythic anymore is irrelevant in that regard.
    actually the reason it doesnt matter is because people who usually doing Real top percentiles are doing it in mythic not heroic.

Also the reason he is calling you bad is because its obvious your DPS shouldnt be better in PTR than it is live.

Not just because of stat changes but also because all the gear got a minor stat squish including Lego Ring + Proc

The only class this didnt really apply for was enhance shaman and they got nerfed
    Mainly because a 720 shaman without tier in PTR a couple of weeks back could do more dps than people running 740+ ilvl

Numbers dont lie I can confirm the dps drop is real even with 8 sockets (which are basically a extra gear piece per socket because gear having 170-240 of a stat and socket being worth 200 of a stat)

So even with the major changes and heavy socket value I can confirm 40% dps loss.

The fact your DPS increased is just mythical

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Tanks have lost tons of self healing and healers have lost tons of their healing power + mana regen, I'll assure you that with whats currently on the PTR, no one is going to be soloing Kazzak or mythic dungeons as it is on live realms.
    ...you can still get every buff used in that video to do world content. And while you may not be able to solo it as easily as you can on live, it's proof of how completely insignificant world content is. As far as Mythic dungeons are concerned, again, they're designed around a 665 ilvl tuning. It's not a huge deal that players with 700+ ilvl will be doing less damage in content that's still tuned around people having much worse gear.

A 30% HFC nerf implies a ~30% reduction in player damage. Which means everything in the world and dungeons will take ~30% longer to kill. That would be very noticeable.
    we have never gotten weaker in a prepatch, this is just more false content pushing, they want all the people who gave up on wod to at least try out Hfc pre legion

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    actually the reason it doesnt matter is because people who usually doing Real top percentiles are doing it in mythic not heroic.

Also the reason he is calling you bad is because its obvious your DPS shouldnt be better in PTR than it is live.

Not just because of stat changes but also because all the gear got a minor stat squish including Lego Ring + Proc

The only class this didnt really apply for was enhance shaman and they got nerfed
    Mainly because a 720 shaman without tier in PTR a couple of weeks back could do more dps than people running 740+ ilvl

Numbers dont lie I can confirm the dps drop is real even with 8 sockets (which are basically a extra gear piece per socket because gear having 170-240 of a stat and socket being worth 200 of a stat)

So even with the major changes and heavy socket value I can confirm 40% dps loss.

The fact your DPS increased is just mythical
    To be fair, there are some specs on the PTR doing more than their live counterparts. That list includes: WW Monks and DPS DKs. And that's about it. So maybe he's playing one of those? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The reason is because when pre-patch hits all classes are balanced around a full artifact weapon, they are not balanced around not having them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    we have never gotten weaker in a prepatch, this is just more false content pushing, they want all the people who gave up on wod to at least try out Hfc pre legion
    Have you tried the ptr?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Huh? Are you aware I currently simulate one of the best performing specs of my class to do 70K? I know you want to think the game is always the same but this time they did nerf them.
    No, they didn't nerf them. They changed them for Legion and they are not balanced for Draenor - that's why the raid nerf is happening. As it always has been because class balance in x.0 patches has always been all over the place since 2.0

They said straight up that after the patch HFC should be easier than before in a recent blue post. It's not just to offset class balance, it is designed to outweigh that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yeah I'm not too fond of this, has some toons that are precisely geared enough to take down Ultraxion H25, which I'll have to gear more now. Although with the pre-expansion weapons and other 700 stuff, that might be easy.

In regards to dungeons and world content, I think a 30% damage increase would be very sweet. It's faceroll easy right now.
    Wait what...? You can kill him in under 20 seconds on any dps toon that's like 620+ at this point.