Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    But black lives matter, right?
    ....right?
    I hope you realize that taken out of context like you just did here, the implication is that they don't. And saying people's lives don't matter is pretty heinous. Congratulations.

I havent read the 8 pages but i can know what its about

There are a few fundamental problems with this which is most Americans dont understand.

1)The police officers shouldnt be afraid of their lives when they stop someone.

2)The fact they are afraid is that every mongol is allowed to carry a gun.

3)In every video that comes out most of the times its a murder, a plain murder of the citizen and it could have been avoided with multiple other ways, most importantly if the officer wasnt a fat lard would help, of course the opposite videos exist where the officer dies and they have been much more frequent now.

Yes i know you have criminals, we have them too, every country has dangerous people, big difference? They cant find a gun easily, big hint here.

And i will speak as a European, our police officers are simply not like that, i have been to Sweden, Germany and my own Greece where of course you can use as a tool to mock me but it doesnt change the fact:

Our police officers arent fat lards that can barely do anything, of course we have them but those types are behind desks, not on the streets.

When i was walking through the Germany Airport, every single police officer, female or male was ripped, was tall and could easily handle most people one on one, i am 6'5 and they were mostly my size, even the females.

Sweden was the same, i could look the female officer in the eyes cause she was about that tall too, along with the male officers, ripped as hell, tall as hell, they are you know, ACTUAL PEOPLE THAT CAN HANDLE SOMEONE WITHOUT TAKING OUT A GUN?

Then you see the average video of an American police officer shooting, its most of the times some fat lard that could never pass any physical training to be an actual police officer of any sort in any European country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    For a black person, it's definitely so...
    For a white person? Fuck no.
    I can tell an anecdote myself.
    Way in the first couple weeks of me being in the US. My brain worked all German still.
    I drove in the country side on a highway. when I see a cop behind me closing in with the lights flashing.
    Wasn't thinking much, other than making sure I stay in the right lane. Waiting for him to pass me. Thought he was going somewhere.
    After a while, I was like wtf is going on. He won't pass me. This went on for about 3 miles lol
    You can kite US cops essentially through the whole state, they won't overtake you, unlike our German cops who stop you by passing you.
    Anyway, I eventually stopped after I noticed he adjusted his speed to mine.
    Guy was mighty pissed, and yelled at me.
    But, after sorting it out, without ever being forced to put my hands somewhere where he could see them, and all that mambo jambo,
    we've ended up standing around next to my car, exchanging pictures of our families. He was stationed in G, and had some fam over there.
    And I was stopped for speeding earlier. He just gave me a warning, and tips how to avoid further problems with other cops.
    That's for a white ass like me.
    Similar experience with traffic stops ever since. Oh, you're European, that's nice. Let's have a little chat.
    Speaking of white, speaking of privileged.
    I've had officers who have talked about England and how much they like it and prodding me about things over there because of my accent.

I feel when it comes to cops and their prejudice against blacks it's generally against Americans, if you have an English accent, well then you're completely different from those other black people.

Frankly most racism I've faced magically goes away once I speak, racism has also been quite rare for me to experience, at least the more in your face kind. I instead get that odd positive racism where it's "you're not like those other black people." While it is true, that cultures vary heavily between Americans, Africans, west indians, and Europeans, it's a dumb thing to say.
    Last edited by Themius; 2016-07-10 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    So not to get shot for a broken light is newsworthy in america these days? I'm impressed!
    MAN NOT SHOT SHOCKER! An MMO-C Exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    1)The police officers shouldnt be afraid of their lives when they stop someone.
    It's funny because "the people shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of the people" is a favorite phrase among those who hold the second amendment as sacred... Sounds to me like it's working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's funny because "the people shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of the people" is a favorite phrase among those who hold the second amendment as sacred... Sounds to me like it's working as intended.
    I don't think that quote means what simplistic notion you are hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I don't think that quote means what simplistic notion you are hinting at.
    I'm sure you don't. It gets a little sticky having to defend an "inalienable right" to be armed when the consequences of that (in this case, a twitchy police force) come around and bite you in the ass.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2016-07-10 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sure you don't. It gets a little sticky having to defend an "inalienable right" to be armed when the consequences of that (in this case, a twitchy police force) come around and bite you in the ass.
    Ah the classic, "no u" argument. Very well. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    thanks for sharing
    This is old and has been posted on MMOC before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So care to come up with sources backing up your claim about how their isn't a systematic racism?

You can rant all you want, the only thing I see is you going out of your way to not come up with any proof to back up your claim.
    Aside from common sense, which is always in short supply when it comes to liberals/progressives, here is just something simple for you...

According to the FBI, in 2010:

"Nationwide, law enforcement made an estimated 13,120,947 arrests (except traffic violations) in 2010. Of these arrests, 552,077 were for violent crimes and 1,643,962 were for property crimes. "

Thirteen million arrests. THIRTEEN MILLION ARRESTS!!!!! THIRTEEN FUCKING MILLION ARRESTS!!!!!!!!!!

How many "unarmed blacks" were killed in 2010? 109.

Case fucking closed.

The only people that actually believe the bullshit notion that there is systemic racism in this country are complete imbeciles (liberals/progressives) that do not have the capacity to actually look at the data rationally - and with no bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There are roughly two times as many white people killed by police, but roughly five times as many white people.

I don't intend to rehash an argument I just had in another thread though.
    You mean the argument you lost because all evidence points that more black people get into criminal acts with police at the same rate as the deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    He wasn't just sharing his experience. He used the situation to attack and cast a negative light on BLM movement just because his experience was normal. BLM didn't say that all cops are bad. He needs to have a stadium full of seats, nobody is checking for him lol
    They sure do now. Just as they turn a blind eye to the thousands killed by black on black violence yearly they lump all police into the same pile as the bad ones or ones that made mistakes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Aside from common sense, which is always in short supply when it comes to liberals/progressives, here is just something simple for you...

According to the FBI, in 2010:

"Nationwide, law enforcement made an estimated 13,120,947 arrests (except traffic violations) in 2010. Of these arrests, 552,077 were for violent crimes and 1,643,962 were for property crimes. "

Thirteen million arrests. THIRTEEN MILLION ARRESTS!!!!! THIRTEEN FUCKING MILLION ARRESTS!!!!!!!!!!

How many "unarmed blacks" were killed in 2010? 109.

Case fucking closed.

The only people that actually believe the bullshit notion that there is systemic racism in this country are complete imbeciles (liberals/progressives) that do not have the capacity to actually look at the data rationally - and with no bias.

Why are you picking 2010? Pick 2015, you know the year when these things get reported on and it's a bit more recent.

Also

Thirteen million arrests.
    Care to explain why this is so relevant especially given that you had to use caps?

Why are you picking 2010? Pick 2015, you know the year when these things get reported on and it's a bit more recent.

Also

Care to explain why this is so relevant especially given that you had to use caps?
    Literally the best case of not being able to see the forest for all the trees

"So what if there was thirteen million arrests! 109 people died! This is proof of systemic racism!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post

"So what if there was thirteen million arrests! 109 people died! This is proof of systemic racism!"
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post

Uhm what are you talking about?

I'm asking why the person I quoted is using 2010 instead of 2015....you know the most recent

Also is 13M arrest allot for a country of 300M? I don't know because it sounds more like a attempt to throw out random numbers and hope that it sticks because it really doesn't say anything.

And if you really want to go down the road in how blacks are more violent and ''insert random 60s argument'' then people from XYZ ethnicity? Not sure if you really want to use that argument tbh when it's all debunked anyway and the only people still using those arguments are internet trolls that are still living few years in the past.

Also given the recent police shootings based on sketchy justification I will say that even 10 deaths is to much, let alone 100 or thousand (for 2015)

Deleted
    Uhm what are you talking about?

I'm asking why the person I quoted is using 2010 instead of 2015....you know the most recent
    That was link to an FBI report - why they fuck is it a problem to use data from 5 years ago? What, do you think the data in the last 5 years has changed so dramatically that you HAVE to have the info from 2016? And if it is that important go fucking find it yourself.

Regardless - here is is the point since you NEED IT SPELLED OUT FOR YOU, FFS.....

In 2010 there were 13 million arrests which means 13 million confrontations with police. Of that, only 109 "unarmed" blacks died. Do you realize what kind of a percentage that is? 130,000 would be 1%. In other words...if the cops were so fucking racist - and there was systemic racism - blacks would be dying at the hands of cops at a MUCH FUCKING HIGHER RATE! Can you not comprehend that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    That was link to an FBI report - why they fuck is it a problem to use data from 5 years ago? What, do you think the data in the last 5 years has changed so dramatically that you HAVE to have the info from 2016? And if it is that important go fucking find it yourself.

Regardless - here is is the point since you NEED IT SPELLED OUT FOR YOU, FFS.....

In 2010 there were 13 million arrests which means 13 million confrontations with police. Of that, only 109 "unarmed" blacks died. Do you realize what kind of a percentage that is? 130,000 would be 1%. In other words...if the cops were so fucking racist - and there was systemic racism - blacks would be dying at the hands of cops at a MUCH FUCKING HIGHER RATE! Can you not comprehend that at all?

What's the difference in 5 years? Well mostly the reporting I think

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oung-black-men
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...y-police-2015/

but I guess that you will question these articles because of ''Liberal media bias'' based on your wonderful gut feeling and nothing more.

What's the difference in 5 years? Well mostly the reporting I think

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oung-black-men
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...y-police-2015/

but I guess that you will question these articles because of ''Liberal media bias'' based on your wonderful gut feeling and nothing more.
    Surely you can find better sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They sure do now. Just as they turn a blind eye to the thousands killed by black on black violence yearly they lump all police into the same pile as the bad ones or ones that made mistakes.
    They also don't like it when you point out that more white people die during police confrontations then black people...

Guess it doesn't sound as good to chant that while they are dropping cinder blocks on cops heads and crippling them below the neck..