Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why can't the father choose not to pay the child support if he wants abortion?

If a woman can choose (not) to abort without father's consent, why can't father choose not to pay child support if he wants her to do an abortion but she refuses? Either that or he should be able to stop the abortion but take full responsibility for the child once it's born.

Wouldn't that make the playing field equal?

Deleted
    Childbirth isn't equal

The father chose to have have the baby when he had sex. In cases where the father did NOT choose to have the baby, he is not liable for any child support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because penis.

You can't tell a woman to kill her fetus. I can't think of a single culture on the planet who'd allow that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You can't tell a woman to kill her fetus. I can't think of a single culture on the planet who'd allow that.
    Plot twist: German scientists cryo-froze Hitler's sperm and illegally implanted it into 7,000,000 women!

Imagine if this was an actual choice...how many fathers would be like "but I told her I wanted an abortion" just to get out of paying? Child support would probably become almost non existent.

Financial abortion should be a thing. You want to keep the baby knowingly that you will be alone -> you pay for the baby yourself. Would make things more equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The father chose to have have the baby when he had sex. In cases where the father did NOT choose to have the baby, he is not liable for any child support.
    That's the same argument the pro lifers make. Why use this argument anyway? I'm pretty sure having sex isn't consent to being pregnant. I personally view abortion as last way of contraception. I don't see why both parties shouldn't have ability to terminate pregnancy without each others consent as being parent should be a choice independent of wheter people had sex or not.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because for men, we have decided babies are the punishment for having sex.

Women on the other hand we can't punish for having sex because that would be sexist and double plus evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Child support is sexist, and lead ppl thinking that women can't handle their own.
    RIP child support 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Imagine if this was an actual choice...how many fathers would be like "but I told her I wanted an abortion" just to get out of paying? Child support would probably become almost non existent.
    Yes I could see this being somewhat of an issue. Just like polygamy isn't really a problem, expect when you consider how ugly divorces would turn.

Deleted
    I don't understand why this discussion keeps coming up...

If you don't wanna pay wrap up, it's simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Financial abortion should be a thing. You want to keep the baby knowingly that you will be alone -> you pay for the baby yourself. Would make things more equal.
    This. While we can play the game of "if he didn't want a kid, he should've used protection" until this thread gets closed, but the truth is, protection isn't 100%, as well there are plenty of opportunities where it isn't available, isn't mentioned, isn't even thought of, woman says her tubes are tied, etc, and at SOME point, some poor unlucky guy is going to win that lotto. If the woman refuses to abort (which is certainly her right), then the man should be allowed to refuse to pay child support because he doesn't want the child. Financial abortion certainly sounds like a good term for it.

Feminists screaming for equality, but men have absolutely no say-so in this matter. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

They can its called using protection.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    That's the same argument the pro lifers make. Why use this argument anyway? I'm pretty sure having sex isn't consent to being pregnant. I personally view abortion as last way of contraception. I don't see why both parties shouldn't have ability to terminate pregnancy without each others consent as being parent should be a choice independent of wheter people had sex or not.
    The purpose of sex is to reproduce. Having sex is consent to being pregnant, according to current precedent in terms of the law.

That being said, child support is totally fucked right now and biased. But this solution is terrible.

if you create a baby, you gotta see that it's paid for; abortion is irrelevant to that

if you're pregnant, you have the option of getting an abortion; child support is irrelevant to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This. While we can play the game of "if he didn't want a kid, he should've used protection" until this thread gets closed, but the truth is, protection isn't 100%, as well there are plenty of opportunities where it isn't available, isn't mentioned, isn't even thought of, woman says her tubes are tied, etc, and at SOME point, some poor unlucky guy is going to win that lotto. If the woman refuses to abort (which is certainly her right), then the man should be allowed to refuse to pay child support because he doesn't want the child. Financial abortion certainly sounds like a good term for it.

Feminists screaming for equality, but men have absolutely no say-so in this matter. Go figure.
    Don't fuck women / get the snip if you're that worried

Men have to pay
    Women have to squeeze it out and raise it

Men get the better deal

Deleted
    Because the welfare of an innocent child is more important that what's legally 'right or wrong' regarding the wallet of some dude that didn't remember to wrap his stump.

having sex doeesn't represent consent to anything, other than you know, having sex