10+ Year Old Account

Armed Robbers Using 'Pokemon Go' to Ambush Victims

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...bers-dead-body

Be careful out there Pokemon Masters.

I posted before finishing the Article.

However it seems that the app creators need to adjust on the areas that are considered "Public" as the article says some of the places these Pokemon are located are in Unsafe areas.

I'm in Canada so I cant get the game to test it out myself, but there is a lot of activity on Facebook/twitter of people I know in the states that are basically on a wild treasure hunt. I'm guess this game is targeted for 16+ since i doubt many parents will let their children run around the city loose with no real destination.

I just hope we do not hear anymore issue that revolve around this game otherwise it would ruin a good idea and direction for gaming.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-11 at 06:51 AM.

Damn you pokemon!

This was actually a hoax article that someone picked up on... why people think robbers would set up ambushes to steal something with active gps is beyond me..

That could make a cool TV show. Robber start robbing pokemon go players, these two cops are put on the case and the only way they can solve it is by playing pokemon go. Maybe it's in teh future a little where the pokemon run away and hide and stuff, there's more interaction.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    This was actually a hoax article that someone picked up on... why people think robbers would set up ambushes to steal something with active gps is beyond me..
    Except it wasn't a hoax, this happened in O'fallon Missouri, mug shots were released by the REAL police department of 3 of the suspects, 1 was a juvi.

It really is no surprise, O'Fallon is not a good place to be wandering around at 2 in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    and so a real life Team Rocket was born.

You walk down a dark alley, suddenly...

Surrender now or prepare to fight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.