Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Media is just stirring the pot for $$$

Take the Dallas shooting as one such example. You would struggle to find any news media reporting on the fact that the BLM organizers for the protest worked with the Dallas police ahead of time in a very cooperative manner to try to make sure that it was peaceful. Instead the mainstream media makes it sound like outright war between African Americans and police.
    That is plain and simply false.
    ALL mainstream media reported about the peacefulness of the event.
    Stop making stuff up.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I'd call it an attempt to shut down identity politics and its adherents
    So we have no cop issues in this country, because x group kills more of their same group? Civil right issues in Abq being investigated by FBI? Not an issue because even though they killed that white homeless guy for no fucking reason, white people kill more white people than cops kill whites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Blacks make up 13% of the U.S. population, that wouldn't be a war, it'd be a massacre.
    At least on the east coast... no... blacks + latinos in quite a few areas make up nearly half or more. And the black and latino community at least on the east coast is quite close. Like in new york city 52% of people are black or hispanic, 25% are black.

No. Just like Anders Breivik didn't start a war in Europe. The rightwing media likes to stir the pot, and has invented a "war on cops". Being a cop is a dangerous job, and there will always be a small fraction of people who hate cops so much they want to murder them, but the 70's and the 20's had a much higher rate of cops being killed.

In America, there's an nascent new civil rights movement, and as always, that makes people with privilege, even just a little, scared. A black person wanting to have the same experience with any cop that a white person has isn't the brink of a racial civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Implicit Association Test: Are You Secretly Racist? (Hint: You Are)

http://www.science20.com/news_articl..._you_are-92783
    I took that, I took several.

I didn't have a favoring to either blacks or whites. I didn't have a favoring to gays or straights. I did however prefer slim people to fat people.
    Last edited by Themius; 2016-07-10 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Implicit Association Test: Are You Secretly Racist? (Hint: You Are)

http://www.science20.com/news_articl..._you_are-92783
    Relevant

Find the whole episode, if interested.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a big race thread.

Closing.