Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don´t know, things like leaving a union of 500 million people against the will of your voters might be a big enough change, don´t you think?
    Not important enough to include in the referendum question though.

Hmm farages arguments seemed to be different ones.
    That is nice for Farage. Are you going to state outright that issues with the Europe don't go back decades? You may be onto a loser if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I haven't moved any goalposts, you said they were due another referendum because things changed, yet that wasn't part of any agreement.
    That is only because you moved the football game to a table tennis table where there are no goalposts to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    When did I say anything about rerunning the same vote? (I clearly stated that that is impossible anyway.)
    The only thing I'm arguing against is that this one needs to seen as binding for a whole generation.
    Humans do make mistakes, circumstances do change, new information sometimes does turn up; and in such a case it would be prudent to ask oneself if the population can be asked to vote again. What most people thought they voted for is apparently impossible, thus it would be beneficial to have several parties with different proposals how to solve this dilemma. Unfortunately the UK's political setup cannot support so many parties in a meaningful way (FPTP is the culprit here).
    If Scotland was given another referendum on independence, that would be rerunning the vote. They didn't vote to stay in for a couple of years and vote again if something changed, that was never the intention behind it, even the SNP would say that is dubious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Or i could ignore you until you´ve learned some manners.
    ...Deja vu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That is only because you moved the football game to a table tennis table where there are no goalposts to move.
    I didn't move anything. I have been entirely consistent in saying that referendums are binding for a generation, come rain or shine, and that the results of any referendum should be honoured.

If Scotland had voted for independence, then I would have protested if Westminster had tried to block them leaving, even though the result would have gone against what I wanted. Likewise, I will not accept Westminster not leaving the EU, even though I voted to remain.

People have the right to self determination, but they don't get to vote every couple of years on it, that would not allow any stability and would be a nightmare.

Deleted
    What are you talking about? I quoted Iain Duncan Smith in this very thread, which apparently is not a good enough source

I mean he has only known Theresa May for at least a decade-and-a-half, including confirming her to his Shadow Cabinet when he was party leader and being a Cabinet member alongside her under Cameron for six years, which kind of makes him a credible source for conversations he has had with May.

But hey, that isn't a source, because wannabe anarchist and Djalil said so...
    Ian Duncan Smith's quote was not clear at all actually. It's HIS take on something and he was EXTREMELY vague.
    Please quote so we can all have a laugh.
    Kalis... the only thing you have supporting you in these humiliating series of exchanges, is your own arrogance and this childish partisan "football politics" way of viewing politics.

Insults and stubborness, pretty much. As... many might have noticed already reading the last... 10 pages?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ian Duncan Smith's quote was not clear at all actually. It's HIS take on something and he was EXTREMELY vague.
    Kalis... the only thing you have supporting you in these humiliating series of exchanges, is your own arrogance and this childish partisan "football politics" way of viewing politics.

Insults and stubborness, pretty much. As... many have noticed reading the last... 10 pages?
    Iain Duncan Smith's quote was not vague in the slightest, he gave a timeframe for invoking Article 50 and even named the people he had spoken to, one of which was the Prime Minister.

Here is the quote...

As per Iain Duncan Smith "I have spoken to them and I am certain that these characters - David Davis, Liam Fox and Boris Johnson, and the Prime Minister by the way - are very clear that they need to get on with triggering article 50 as soon as possible, early in the new year."
    Last edited by Kalis; 2016-09-15 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    I find it slightly ironic that EU residents are arguing with Kalis who actually voted REMAIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I find it slightly ironic that EU residents are arguing with Kalis who actually voted REMAIN
    It is easier having a conversation with advanta, at least he knows about British politics, even if he is away with the faeries.

Deleted
    Iain Duncan Smith's quote was not vague in the slightest, he gave a timeframe for invoking Article 50 and even named the people he had spoken to, one of which was the Prime Minister.

Here is the quote...
    That quote is very vague Kalis. "I am certain they are very clear that they need to" do X, means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That quote is very vague Kalis. "I am certain they are very clear that they need to" do X, means nothing.
    It was an interview not from a script, the meaning is clear. You are scrabbling again.

So you vote and say that you'll leave EU, yet you still remain? Brits - what a bunch of pussy drama queens, lol.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    So you vote and say that you'll leave EU, yet you still remain? Brits - what a bunch of pussy drama queens, lol.
    Look somebody doesn't understand big decisions take time We're leaving in 2017

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    "We will leave early 2017."

"But it is September 2016, so why haven't you left yet?"

"We just said...nevermind."

Theres still time to shoot Theresa May and mix things up a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    "We will leave early 2017."

"But it is September 2016, so why haven't you left yet?"

"We just said...nevermind."
    I think people think we would magically leave and live off star dust whilst we organized trading

10+ Year Old Account
    Late to the party, but all i can say is, "Good!".

At least thousands of those signatures were generated by using bots and only a minority of the signatures were actually from British IPs.

A majority voted to leave the EU. The minority bawling for a second referendum are the type of people who only like democracy when they win. It doesn't work that way, Regressives and Generation Snowflake.

Deleted
    It was an interview not from a script, the meaning is clear. You are scrabbling again.
    Why does it matter where the quote comes from? "I am certain that they are clear that they need to do X" doesn't mean they do X.
    That's his own take and a pretty vague one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    That's backbencher Iain Duncam Smith your on about? I'm sure Mrs May and the three brexit stooges couldn't give a toss what that particular slap head has to say.
    Yeah not wanting to tear apart any quotes but I@d be interested to know A) who he was speaking to (if it was journalists than w/e lololol ofc no one ever lies to them and they never misreperesent to the readers either, solid solid argument there) and B) Why anyone gives a fuck what that fool has to say after his political year. Anything and everything out of his mouth should be taken with a hefty dose of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    That's backbencher Iain Duncam Smith your on about? I'm sure Mrs May and the three brexit stooges couldn't give a toss what that particular slap head has to say.
    As much of a knobhead as he is, he is still a senior Tory and an ex-Party leader, there is no doubt he has contact with May, Davis, Fox and Boris. At least a couple of them have confirmed what he said as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah not wanting to tear apart any quotes but I@d be interested to know A) who he was speaking to (if it was journalists than w/e lololol ofc no one ever lies to them and they never misreperesent to the readers either, solid solid argument there) and B) Why anyone gives a fuck what that fool has to say after his political year. Anything and everything out of his mouth should be taken with a hefty dose of salt.
    I would guess it was probably under instruction from May, considering he specifically names three Cabinet members and her. Usually they would be less forthcoming with names.