Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I got a better Quote.

"Non!" -De Gaulle on every vote on wether Britain should be allowed into the EEC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Exactly right. It gets quite boring as day by day great news, purely as a result of the Brexit vote, keeps coming over and over again. For example just this weekend Honda unveils its new Global supercentre in Swindon with a further 1/4 bn euro of new investment in Boom Brexit Britain.

From http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/...veils-new-car/

"The Swindon plant is Honda’s flagship production facility in Europe, employing 3,600 people, and plays a key role in Honda’s global manufacturing network.
    The new Civic hatchback is set to be exported to more than 70 countries around the world, including European markets, North America and Canada."

Would never have happened if we'd have stuck with that stagnating cesspit of red tape infested European Union.

yeah, they whipped up that plant and that plan solely because you left the EU, in a matter of months.

Data from Adzuna, a job-search website with over 1m listings, suggest that in the week to July 8th there were one-quarter fewer new jobs than in the first week of June.
    Searches for “jobseekers” (as in jobseekers’ allowance, an unemployment benefit) have historically been correlated with the unemployment rate. In the first fortnight in July, Britons searched for that word about 50% more frequently than in May. This suggests that unemployment is now 5.3%, not the official rate of 5% (last recorded for the three months to April).
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I got a better Quote.

"Non!" -De Gaulle on every vote on wether Britain should be allowed into the EEC.
    He was spot on wasn't he.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Do you have evidence they go there to claim benefits, as opposed to claiming benefits due to being unemployed whilst there?
    I find it hard to believe that many British people go abroad to intentionally claim benefits, rather than just staying in the UK and doing it, as that article indicates the difference they would receive between staying in the UK to claim and doing so abroad is minimal.
    The likely answer to this question is population, Simply put the number of Brits in Sweden (or wherever) is likely to be proportionally comparable to the number of Swedes in the UK - but that leads to the UK have 6-7 times as many 'moochers' as Sweden does (because the UK is that much bigger).

15+ Year Old Account
    Because that is not what it was intended for? Our system is intended to help people in the UK, if money is being obtained for people that have never even set foot inside the UK then it is being misused. That is not a difficult concept to grasp, yet here you are spectacularly failing to grasp it.
    But if their children would be living in the UK everything would be fine? The difference is, the only difference is their place of living. The workers pay into the UK system just like every other worker in the UK.

Why is it up to British tax payers to subsidise the Polish benefits system? That is exploiting a loophole, you may well be fine with that in Austria, but don't expect everyone else to be.
    They don´t subsidize the polish benefits system. They pay out what people working in the UK earn in benefits for having children. Would you say the same thing for british citizens who have children living abroad? I guess they then should also not get benefits?

Should foreign workers pay less in taxes if their children live abroad? Are you ever going to answer that question?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    But if their children would be living in the UK everything would be fine? The difference is, the only difference is their place of living. The workers pay into the UK system just like every other worker in the UK.
    If their children aren't in the UK, then they shouldn't be entitled to benefits that are designed for children in the UK. It is not rocket science.

They don´t subsidize the polish benefits system. They pay out what people working in the UK earn in benefits for having children. Would you say the same thing for british citizens who have children living abroad? I guess they then should also not get benefits?
    If British people live and work abroad, but their children are in the UK, then the child benefit should be paid from the UK, as that is where the children are.

Should foreign workers pay less in taxes if their children live abroad? Are you ever going to answer that question?
    Why should they pay less tax? I don't pay less tax due to not having children, in fact I pay more. It has nothing to do with an individual paying tax anyway, as unemployed people are eligible for child benefit payments.

If you are Polish and your child is in Poland, then you should be claiming child benefit in Poland.

You may well be fine with subsidising the benefits system of other nations, but that makes you a mug, don't expect everyone else to be just as much of a mug as you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yeah, they whipped up that plant and that plan solely because you left the EU, in a matter of months. - - - Updated - - - He was spot on wasn't he. - - - Updated - - - The likely answer to this question is population, Simply put the number of Brits in Sweden (or wherever) is likely to be proportionally comparable to the number of Swedes in the UK - but that leads to the UK have 6-7 times as many 'moochers' as Sweden does (because the UK is that much bigger).
    most jobs at job centres are agency work or zero hour contract garbage just used to fill up there databases so it looks like there is jobs,

15+ Year Old Account
    If their children aren't in the UK, then they shouldn't be entitled to benefits that are designed for children in the UK. It is not rocket science.
    Totally ignoring that it was never designed for children in the UK, else it would have been written into it. (EU making you do it, is just the scapegoat if your laws allowed for it anyway)

If British people live and work abroad, but their children are in the UK, then the child benefit should be paid from the UK, as that is where the children are.
    That wasn´t my question, but it´s practically the same answer. So you want to needlessly untangle a system for no apparent reason? I mean, you have to compare numbers to show that right now you´re giving more than you take. How many British workers have their children in the UK but work abroad?

Why should they pay less tax? I don't pay less tax due to not having children, in fact I pay more. It has nothing to do with an individual paying tax anyway, as unemployed people are eligible for child benefit payments.
    And the UK will pay even more if they move their children to the UK. They are? Can they also claim child benefit for children abroad? In Austria, they can´t as it seems. Unless they meet certain criterias, i believe.

If you are Polish and your child is in Poland, then you should be claiming child benefit in Poland.

You may well be fine with subsidising the benefits system of other nations, but that makes you a mug, don't expect everyone else to be just as much of a mug as you are.
    Yeah, i´m fine with subsidising the benefits system of other nations because it´s cheaper than having their children educated here. I don´t know why you want to import foreign children to the UK and pay more for them, but more power to you.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally ignoring that it was never designed for children in the UK, else it would have been written into it. (EU making you do it, is just the scapegoat if your laws allowed for it anyway)
    So how come children in Pakistan aren't eligible then? Your didn't really think that through, did you? I even stated that it is only applicable to EU citizens, so you even knew that.

And it was European law making us do it. I know that you can't accept any criticism of Europe at all, due to your blind partisanship, but sometimes it is them to blame.

Yeah, i´m fine with subsidising the benefits system of other nations because it´s cheaper than having their children educated here. I don´t know why you want to import foreign children to the UK and pay more for them, but more power to you.
    An alternative would be that their children would stay in Poland and Poland pays their child benefits.

I find it hard to believe that Polish people are going to move their children to the UK and incur all the extra expense and hassle that brings, for some additional child benefit payments, that would kind of destroy the entire reasoning behind them gaming the system in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    So how come children in Pakistan aren't eligible then? Your didn't really think that through, did you? I even stated that it is only applicable to EU citizens, so you even knew that.

And it was European law making us do it. I know that you can't accept any criticism of Europe at all, due to your blind partisanship, but sometimes it is them to blame.
    You did? Oh, i must´ve overread that part.

An alternative would be that their children would stay in Poland and Poland pays their child benefits.

I find it hard to believe that Polish people are going to move their children to the UK and incur all the extra expense and hassle that brings, for some additional child benefit payments, that would kind of destroy the entire reasoning behind them gaming the system in the first place.
    Depends, if despite those expenses it is still better than getting polish benefits.

Unless i have actual numbers showing that it´s more expensive to pay benefits to children abroad than whatever system you dreamed up, i stick to the one we have in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did? Oh, i must´ve overread that part.
    You quoted it and replied to it.

Depends, if despite those expenses it is still better than getting polish benefits.

Unless i have actual numbers showing that it´s more expensive to pay benefits to children abroad than whatever system you dreamed up, i stick to the one we have in place.
    It is obviously more expensive for the UK to pay child benefit money for children in Poland than have Poland pay it. £0 is less than £40,000,000. That is kind of how numbers work.

15+ Year Old Account
    You quoted it and replied to it.
    Yeah, so? It happens, you overread the part about austria paying 200 mio to foreign countries.

It is obviously more expensive for the UK to pay child benefit money for children in Poland than have Poland pay it. £0 is less than £40,000,000. That is kind of how numbers work.
    ... you understand that you have to compare that number to Child benefit payed by other countries, for example the 121k payed by austria to the UK, and to how expensive it would be if those polish children moved to the UK, unless you believe that all of them would stay were they are despite the system changing completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... you understand that you have to compare that number to Child benefit payed by other countries, for example the 121k payed by austria to the UK, and to how expensive it would be if those polish children moved to the UK, unless you believe that all of them would stay were they are despite the system changing completely.
    How do you know that the Polish people would move their children to the UK?

Déjà vu.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you know that the Polish people would move their children to the UK?

Déjà vu.
    How do you know they don´t?

Déjà vu.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know they don´t?

Déjà vu.
    Except my reply makes perfect sense, as the UK is quite a bit more expensive, so the difference in child benefit is not going to cover the difference. Unless Polish people have a negative cost of child rearing in Poland, which would be impressive.

I really can't be arsed to continue talking to someone who is as blind a partisan as you, I can get that same level of nonsense from talking to opposition football fans, it is tiresome.

Thinking about it, even most football fans aren't as partisan as you, if the EU renamed itself the Fourth Reich and started rounding up Jews, I have no doubt you'd still be defending them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except my reply makes perfect sense, as the UK is quite a bit more expensive, so the difference in child benefit is not going to cover the difference. Unless Polish people have a negative cost of child rearing in Poland, which would be impressive.

I really can't be arsed to continue talking to someone who is as blind a partisan as you, I can get that same level of nonsense from talking to opposition football fans, it is tiresome.
    You know you could provide some numbers to back you up. I guess you can´t be arsed to do that.

Sorry that i don´t believe your guesswork and ask for actual numbers to compare befor changing a benefit system that might be benefitting your country.

Thinking about it, even most football fans aren't as partisan as you, if the EU renamed itself the Fourth Reich and started rounding up Jews, I have no doubt you'd still be defending them.
    If all else fails, let´s just godwin it.

Your argumentation slowly drops to dribbles and furryfoxwolf levels, can´t get much lower than that.

Or just don't come into threads that you are clueless on and expect everyone to babysit you through the last few decades of British politics.
    Or mabe you are just spewing random stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not! if they were they would take up space in schools, hospitals, and the UK would have to pay for it instead of having Poland do it for free despite their parents not paying taxes there.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so that is what is behind it, you propose this way of doing it thinking it is enough of a hassle to get rid of them without having to outright tell them to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you could provide some numbers to back you up. I guess you can´t be arsed to do that.

Sorry that i don´t believe your guesswork and ask for actual numbers to compare befor changing a benefit system that might be benefitting your country.
    Anyone in Europe who requires evidence that the cost of living in the UK is higher than that in Poland is an imbecile.

If all else fails, let´s just godwin it.

Your argumentation slowly drops to dribbles and furryfoxwolf levels, can´t get much lower than that.
    This thread was Godwinned 10 pages ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone in Europe who requires evidence that the cost of living in the UK is higher than that in Poland is an imbecile.
    Should i call you dribbles or furryfoxwolf from now on, or are you just playing stupid?

I meant numbers to back up that what you´re proposing would be cheaper for UK taxpayers.

This thread was Godwinned 10 pages ago.
    Oh, you don´t want to discuss stuff anymore? Feel free to leave this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Or mabe you are just spewing random stuff?
    It was FurryFoxWolf and every British poster would know what they were talking about, due to it having been a relatively major story in British politics, so hardly random in a thread about British politics.

Ah so that is what is behind it, you propose this way of doing it thinking it is enough of a hassle to get rid of them without having to outright tell them to leave.
    What are you on about? They didn't bring their children with them, I never said anybody should leave. Are you suggesting the only reason they came to the UK was in order to claim child benefit? If not, then you aren't really making much sense there.

- - - Updated - - -

Should i call you dribbles or furryfoxwolf from now on, or are you just playing stupid?

I meant numbers to back up that what you´re proposing would be cheaper for UK taxpayers.
    £0 is still cheaper than £40,000,000.

You haven't provided any figures for British people claiming child benefit abroad whilst their children live in the UK, which I highly doubt would be anywhere near the levels of just Polish workers in the UK. British people generally go as a family unit when working abroad, travelling as migrant workers and leaving your family behind, is not very common outside of poorer nations.

Oh, you don´t want to discuss stuff anymore?
    Not with clueless cretins, no.

Feel free to leave this thread.
    Because someone who knows about British politics should leave, so that all the ones who don't can revel in their ignorance without having their idiotic claims challenged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    most jobs at job centres are agency work or zero hour contract garbage just used to fill up there databases so it looks like there is jobs,
    It is still a good indicator of economic activity.

It was FurryFoxWolf and every British poster would know what they were talking about, due to it having been a relatively major story in British politics, so hardly random in a thread about British politics.
    Nah, it was you who made the claim Brits could actually make sense of his thought process by magically understanding obscure references in your shared mindspace.
    Most of us prefer the written word for forum discussions. This is not a British forum where only the inducted members of the shared 'British hivemind' get to post. If you cannot express yourself in english without obscure references you claim exist but cannot (or refuse to) explain, then we will have to disregard you.
    You do not get to tell people to leave threads on this forum because you lack the ability to put your though process in words.