Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is 2 kinds of threats in the world if you live in the west and thats Russia/China and Terrorists. I wouldn't even consider NK to be a threat at all just a backward country that is more likely to blow themselves up with there own nukes than to actually be able to aim one at its enemies!

But we cant go to war with Russia/China cause it would cause Nuclear annihilation and the end of the human race and the other threat is just goat herders with AK-47s and explosives.

My point is why does Germany need to build up militarily? Russia knows they cant go steamrollering into the Fulda gap anymore like its the 1980s and we know we cant risk all out nuclear war because even 1 city destroyed by a nuclear attack is a price too much to pay.

We live in constant stalemate with our enemies
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-07-11 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yes, because everyone knows the German people are angry and humiliated with how they have been mistreated since WWII and the war reparations are just killing their economy.... Oh wait....
    So what you're saying is, just so long as Germany never gets angry again, this is all fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post
    Ah yes, Because the Germans leech the EU to bolster their own economy, we should therefore be Thralls to them and have our foreign policies dictated by the Germans.

Also; no, German gets the biggest return on their EU investment, look up some facts.
    Hmmm.... Last time I checked, Germany only had 12.8% of the MEPs, I was not aware that was sufficient to pass legislation against the wishes of the other 87.2% of the MEPs.

Lets see, in 2014 Germany contributed over 29 billion, and got back just over 11 billion, for a net loss of 18 billion. Luxembourg contributed just 246 million but got back 1.7 billion for a net gain of 1.5 billion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So what you're saying is, just so long as Germany never gets angry again, this is all fine?
    More that Europe is screwed no matter what if the Germans get pissed off, but they have no reason to be, and are not likely to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The situation back then was different.. though given mob rule as seen in the UK, it's probably never safe if politicians fuck up and the right wing starts coercing the dumb masses again.

I'm just idly poking holes in arguments.

My real opinion is that increased nationalism and military action always comes with a risk, but Germany is not a nation I'm particularly concerned about at the moment. I mean, compared to nations like the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We dont live in the 1930s anymore

The days of empire is consigned to history the days when one country will just take the other with military force went out of fashion with the charleston dance. If you want to take over another country you do it by economic and political means not by sending in guys who just stand there waiting to be blown up by IEDs!

You catch more flies with honey than you will ever do with vinegar! So political corruption and money can easily help you take over a country much more easily than tanks and airplanes!
    Last edited by Madeupname999; 2016-07-11 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Remember what happened last time Germany got assertive?
    Remember what happened last time the US brought Peace and Democracy to a Nation?

all the fucktard people reducing the rich history of Germany to a time where they were driven into a Corner and forced to War.

Dont worry since Germany is still under occupation and the People learn shame for something they never did or stuff that never happened it will take a few Generations for that to vanish.

Thing is, we can all pretend we knew Hitler was evil from the get go, but he didn't seem like that. Same with New-Germany and it's oppressive use of the EU legislative power.
    Because Mein Kampf is a cheerful book about world peace right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Ah yes, Because the Germans leech the EU to bolster their own economy, we should therefore be Thralls to them and have our foreign policies dictated by the Germans.

Also; no, German gets the biggest return on their EU investment, look up some facts.
    Lmao, this sounds exactly like the nationalist tripe that brexit fans are spewing.

If you're going to be apart of a union that involves foreign policy and economic benefits, the least you could do is act like it instead of being a leech yourself.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This and Japan just passed on hurdle on the road to repealing its non agression clause in it's constitution.
    For Japan that still comes down to a general vote, and the public is massively in favor of the no war clause. Its never going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Lmao, this sounds exactly like the nationalist tripe that brexit fans are spewing.

If you're going to be apart of a union that involves foreign policy and economic benefits, the least you could do is act like it instead of being a leech yourself.
    Germany more or less has free reign of the EU at this point does it not? Sure other members can object to what it does but with Britain leaving does any other member actually have any real power to keep Germany in line?

15+ Year Old Account
    Accept these immigrants we're wanting you to let in or take fines. It was a completely German idea and once they personally saw it was an insane idea they rushed to the EU to make everyone else bite off what Germany could not chew.
    No, it wasn't a "completely German" idea as France, Sweden, Italy, Greece and even Poland had a say in this too. Wouldn't you agree that Dublin didn't work out so well considering that certain countries were completely swamped and strained due to their own location on the continent while others through "luck of location" could avoid that whole mess? The goal was a) to reduce the influx and b) distribute incoming immigrants whatever their future status more fairly. Nobody "wanted immigrants" but instead of letting them drown (which could be hailed as a 1930s German policy) you rather temporarily take them in and decide about their status later.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sure, but I also don't see Merkel as resembling Hitler.
    You've seen her inviting the middle eastern horde to our doorstep right?

Anyway, germany is doing great.. europeh zhall follhow

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post

Ah, so when Germany says Jump, we're supposed to say how high?

Thank god we're leaving the EU, perhaps this way the EU can see for themselves how Brussels only looks out for Brussels and Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Germany more or less has free reign of the EU at this point does it not? Sure other members can object to what it does but with Britain leaving does any other member actually have any real power to keep Germany in line?
    I'd love to see you bring up examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so when Germany says Jump, we're supposed to say how high?

Thank god we're leaving the EU, perhaps this way the EU can see for themselves how Brussels only looks out for Brussels and Berlin.
    Obviously the latest surges of pro-EU polls in EU countries post-brexit shows otherwise, apparently we don't fall for your populism and fearmongering as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Germany starts a campaign to help all the poor refugees.

Germany realises it took too many in.

Suddenly the EU is calling for countries to "take a share" or face a fine.

You're telling me that's not related?

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously the latest surges of pro-EU polls in EU countries post-brexit shows otherwise, apparently we don't fall for your populism and fearmongering as easily.
    Call it whatever you want, We're right. I'd rather be alone than ruled by an undemocratic mess of an EU.

Source?

/tenchars

- - - Updated - - -

Examples of what?

The fact the German army has the power to crush the rest of the EU without Britain in it?

As for the whole Brexit thing. Votes show you lost. Go thank your elders for saving your future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Examples of what?

The fact the German army has the power to crush the rest of the EU without Britain in it?
    With what exactly should the German military crush other nations?
    Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    With what exactly should the German military crush other nations?
    Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
    I am but I don't think you are...?

You don't believe military power doesn't directly relative to how much strength you can barter with?

If Germany is so powerful that if need be it could conquer the EU why would it restrain itself at the negotiating table?