My eyesight / vision has been improving?

I check up / renew my vision/contacts every year. I found out that my vision has improved which is odd since I haven't done anything differently. I still stare at a screen 8+ hours a day, and usually my vision would get worse.

I asked the doc how this could've happened, she just said that it can. I asked how I could continue, maintain the improvement. All she said was just take a break after staring at the screen once a while... which is still nothing new nor did I do much.

Quite a random question, don't expect much answers, nor did I find much answers searching through google.

Same thing happened to me. My eye doctor basically told me the same thing, but he said it happens sometimes as you start to age. I'm only 28 though.

Eh, really? this is news to me because I didn't even know your eyes could get better on their own..

I've needed glasses for about 6 years now (I'm 20) & since then they've gradually gotten worse ever so slightly. One eye being weaker than the other, which is expected to me since a dog tried to rip one of my eyes out - eek. I can still see pretty well but I'm short sighted and need glasses to see crisper images a couple feet away from me, it gradually gets more blurry the further away.

Only time mine has improved was with lazor eye surgery

It's pretty much just random growth and environmental impacts. I mean given how optics work maybe your eye deteriorated in a way that just minutely changed your lens configuration for the better?Maybe you looked into the sun in a favorable angle once (Don't ever do that!), could be everything probably.

My eyes were always all over the place when I grew but overall have gotten worse with time. Now in my late 20's they've stabilized for the most part, but I expect them to get worse with age again. You probably can't do much here to keep that going, but if you find a way let me know .

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    I check up / renew my vision/contacts every year. I found out that my vision has improved which is odd since I haven't done anything differently. I still stare at a screen 8+ hours a day, and usually my vision would get worse.

I asked the doc how this could've happened, she just said that it can. I asked how I could continue, maintain the improvement. All she said was just take a break after staring at the screen once a while... which is still nothing new nor did I do much.

Quite a random question, don't expect much answers, nor did I find much answers searching through google.
    So; it's not really random at all. As you age, there are natural changes to the muscles that control your eyes, and fibrous changes to the lenses within the eye itself. Ordinarily, it's what would eventually lead to cataracts and age-related long-sightedness, but for a few individuals, the problems with their eyes can actually be corrected by the natural aging process. It's much more likely to happen if you are short sighted than any other condition.

The good news is, you're unlikely to lose the improvement no matter what you do with your eyes (short of mechnical/chemical injury) but the bad news is that it will progress as you age, and likely eventually need aids to correct it once more.

Hope this helps you understand it!