Deleted

Removing mistweaver animations

I've noticed that over the last two expansions blizzard keeps ''removing'' some unique mistweaver animations which really bothers me.

Renewing mist's animation in MoP which was a unique mistweaver animation got removed and changed with the uplift animation in WoD, which I really disliked since you now only see the same animation all the time, because uplift uses the same one. And those 2 are the most used abilities.

Surging mist got the same treatment. What used to be a cool animation got also changed into the uplift animation for who knows what reason. Especially casting Surging mist while channeling soothing mist looked really clunky throughout WoD.

Not only that, uplift also got a cast time in Wod which uses the default cast animations for each race, guess that was unpreventable, but it still adds up.

The global cooldown increase already made mistweavers look much slower and clunkier as well.

Now in Legion they remove being able to instantly cast an ability while channeling soothing mist, so you're gonna be seeing the default cast animations all the time, with of course the repetitive uplift animation

And to make it even worse; after casting enveloping mist you instantly start channeling soothing mist (new passive) which completely removed the animation alltogether.

And guess what the new added abilities use for animations? Exactly, the same uplift animation 90% of our skills already use.

So from a cool looking healer in MoP, they changed so many abilities (which is fine in my opinion) but blizzard totally annihilated the animations and general feeling of mistweavers. It looks really clunky on beta, and even though the new skillset seems pretty good, Im quite dissapointed that blizzard decided to make so many unnecessary adjustments.

I realise that it's probably too late for them to change anything, but I'd still like to get the word out and perhaps it'll be seen by them and taken in regard for future updates. I also play on EU server and pretty much no GM ever shows up on the forums here so this was my best bet.

Perhaps anyone else would like to share his/her opinion on this.

LIVE ANIMATIONS: https://youtu.be/p-0P3ygkZ4U
    LEGION PTR ANIMATIONS :https://youtu.be/ZZwJd-P-_9s
    Last edited by mmoc037bfa2af0; 2016-07-11 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Isnt the first ReM animation just the same as soothing mist ?

Trading soothing mist animation for Uplift's isnt such a disaster imo.

The only thing that tickles me is the classic race cast animation for our casted spells, it was only for uplift during WoD but we'll cast much more in legion and it would've been nice to have a special cast animation instead of just the end animation being unique.

But hey, at least we're the only healer with a unique end-cast animation.

Deleted
    ReM animation was the same as enveloping mist's animation now, which was much more fluid in a soothing mist rotation, and makes sense since you ''throw mist away'' instead of throwing it up in the sky; the animation and the spell effect make 0 sense.

In legion all we will be doing is hard casting (racial animation), the soothing mist animation and throwing you hands up in the sky for all other spells, which looks silly. If you tried it on beta you'll notice what I mean.

We got like 3 new spells and because of the instant soothing mist passive after almost all our abilities, they pretty much got rid of all the unique animations apart from a few spells.
    Last edited by mmoc037bfa2af0; 2016-07-11 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to miss the Expel Harm animation.