Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mmulder6512 View Post
    See and that's how I feel about unholy, never enjoyed it, let hope blizzard got tuning right so people can play the spec they most enjoy , rather then the spec that out pro forms the other. Having played this game for 10 years I think we got a snowballs chance in hell of them actually getting the tuning right
    With the way artifacts are now...they honestly need to get it close at least. There will always be niche fights but all the specs need to be within range of each other. Nothing will piss off a player more than having their preferred spec artifact almost fully leveled for raids to then find out their spec is utter garbage and they have to spend even more time getting their offspec artifact up to speed. Yes there will be catch ups and whatnot. However, I for one will quit immediately if I have to go redo the almost entire artifact path for the unholy artifact. I also don't think I'm the only one with this mentality either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    With the way artifacts are now...they honestly need to get it close at least. There will always be niche fights but all the specs need to be within range of each other. Nothing will piss off a player more than having their preferred spec artifact almost fully leveled for raids to then find out their spec is utter garbage and they have to spend even more time getting their offspec artifact up to speed. Yes there will be catch ups and whatnot. However, I for one will quit immediately if I have to go redo the almost entire artifact path for the unholy artifact. I also don't think I'm the only one with this mentality either.
    I'm planning on prioritising unholy over frost, but will consider quitting if frost is too much better than unholy when raiding opens.

Looking at blizzards pitiful history of spec balancing I'm not very confident I'll be playing in 3 months time.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-07-18 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I'm planning on prioritising unholy over frost, but will consider quitting if frost is too much better than unholy when raiding opens.

Looking at blizzards pitiful history of spec balancing I'm not very confident I'll be playing in 3 months time.
    I don't mind if unholy is 5% over Frost...it means I can play either spec if I want to aside from niche fights. That's also assuming both specs are bottom of the barrel completely like in Siege of Orgrimmar for the first 3/4 months. However if frost is as far behind unholy like it is currently on live on most fights....I will be peacing out. But like I said, the artifact shit alone is going to cause a lot of headaches if the balance remains the way it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I don't mind if unholy is 5% over Frost...it means I can play either spec if I want to aside from niche fights. That's also assuming both specs are bottom of the barrel completely like in Siege of Orgrimmar for the first 3/4 months. However if frost is as far behind unholy like it is currently on live on most fights....I will be peacing out. But like I said, the artifact shit alone is going to cause a lot of headaches if the balance remains the way it currently is.
    I am with you, and I really wish I could share your optimism that THIS time they will get it right, but I just can't. There is 6 years worth of history suggesting Blizzard balances unholy appropriately and then wishes frost didn't exist, and until there is a shred of actual evidence that this is no longer the design philosophy I have to assume frost will remain the dumpster spec it has always been. At least with a warrior I don't absolutely loath either spec, so its not as big a deal if one is really worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    I am with you, and I really wish I could share your optimism that THIS time they will get it right, but I just can't. There is 6 years worth of history suggesting Blizzard balances unholy appropriately and then wishes frost didn't exist, and until there is a shred of actual evidence that this is no longer the design philosophy I have to assume frost will remain the dumpster spec it has always been. At least with a warrior I don't absolutely loath either spec, so its not as big a deal if one is really worse off.
    I would reroll...but ultimately I don't see the point. I like the theme of the death knight and I like the mechanics of the gameplay. I am only optimistic because Frost should finally scale through the expansion. I actually think it will be the better of the two(assuming new artifact traits/set bonuses don't make unholy brokenly good) in the final tier from scaling alone.