Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    You've never applied for a job before?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, ok, as long as you're not being racist
    Plenty. You've still not explained what this change is. Still looking correct about that waste of time call.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Ah yes, the infamous race card for me stating facts.
    No you are racist for writing this shit: "CUZ HE DINDU NUFFIN! HE A GUD BOI!" If you can't make an argument without resorting to this shit don't wonder why people think you are a racist.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm familiar with the scene just because of pop culture and other references to it, but I'm not even sure I remember the name of the movie and I've definitely never seen it.
    A Few Good Men, and it's a fantastic film.

Hey now, I'm sure there are at least a few good cops right now who at least try to do the job they signed up for.

I certainly hope so, anyway.
    No no. Don't you dare back up now. You claimed their hiring standards needed improving and their quality of officer, too. None of these cops can be good to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Alright. As you train this new Era of super cop, strictly forbidden from confronting suspects, who's going to be out there to get themin the meantime since there is a shortage of officers? Especially since you don't want to use the old cops that clearly can't handle anything with those classes?

Also note, suspect encounters are random. How does Joe the Rookie know the guy with a busted tail light is a parole violator? And what about if am error happens after these courses?
    Im just throwing out my thoughts here. This is why Im not a head cop like after thinking, having a rookie not get experience that 1st year isnt going to matter if he'll just be panicky his 2nd or 5th year.

like Im sure Brown has his own ideas and is implementing them as best he can. I know in order to address response times, he's had to take desk jockeys and detectives off and put them on the streets. Which, obviously, isnt the best solution but its what is needed until we get more cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty. You've still not explained what this change is. Still looking correct about that waste of time call.
    You want me to explain to you how someone would go about raising recruitment standards? I thought it was obvious. My mistake.

You require higher marks on skills and psychological testing than you do currently and you make the vetting process more rigorous. No more sociopaths / psychopaths / inbred bigoted morons slipping through the cracks, let to fester for years abusing and killing innocent US citizens.

I really find it hard to believe you don't understand the concept of recruitment standards.

- - - Updated - - -

No no. Don't you dare back up now. You claimed their hiring standards needed improving and their quality of officer, too. None of these cops can be good to you.
    You're just blindly flitting back and forth between extremes like someone with bipolar disorder. Ease up man, no one is attacking you.

Take a breath and try to digest what you're being told before you go firing off nonsensical replies.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Instead of robot fast food workers, maybe we should prioritize development of robot cops.
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread went where I expected it to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't know, that whole situation just doesn't seem so appealing to me. Going into a profession that has a long history of corruption and abuse so that you can be paid peanuts and attacked by both your fellow co-workers and the community?

I can't blame people for not being interested in the slightest.
    Espe- "Yeah, let other people fix things! But they better get fixed! I have better things to do!"

*Continues to whine on MMO-C and Facebook*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    *Continues to whine on MMO-C and Facebook*
    You're clearly projecting here. I don't have a Facebook account (never did) and your post history is chock full of wailing and moaning.

Adults can handle criticism for what it is. I think a lot of things could be better in this world, that doesn't mean I have the time nor inclination to personally go out and handle each thing myself. We are, after all, just here passing the time sharing conversation on a gaming forum, are we not?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

You want me to explain to you how someone would go about raising recruitment standards? I thought it was obvious. My mistake.

You require higher marks on skills and psychological testing than you do currently and you make the vetting process more rigorous. No more sociopaths / psychopaths / inbred bigoted morons slipping through the cracks, let to fester for years abusing and killing innocent US citizens.

I really find it hard to believe you don't understand the concept of recruitment standards.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just blindly flitting back and forth between extremes like someone with bipolar disorder. Ease up man, no one is attacking you.

Take a breath and try to digest what you're being told before you go firing off nonsensical replies.
    There we go. And it was STILL a waste of time. I understand it just fine. Crissi gave me something with some actual thought put into it.

You have been and continue to remain a buzzword box.

10+ Year Old Account
    There we go. And it was STILL a waste of time.
    Clearly it was and that was my mistake. Most people who have actually worked know exactly what a recruitment standard is, it was hard for me to believe you really didn't know what I was talking about.

That's what I like about posting on these forums, you run into all sorts of people.

Clearly it was and that was my mistake. Most people who have actually worked know exactly what a recruitment standard is, it was hard for me to believe you really didn't know what I was talking about.

That's what I like about posting on these forums, you run into all sorts of people.
    No. Your mistake was pretending you had a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Your mistake was pretending you had a point.
    My point was I'm all for raising the salary of police officers if it meant they could finally raise their recruitment standards and get some capable people to work.

I'd vote yes if it was on my local ballot.

You're clearly projecting here. I don't have a Facebook account (never did) and your post history is chock full of wailing and moaning.

Adults can handle criticism for what it is. I think a lot of things could be better in this world, that doesn't mean I have the time nor inclination to personally go out and handle each thing myself. We are, after all, just here passing the time sharing conversation on a gaming forum, are we not?
    If you refuse to do anything to help change (besides whine on MMO-C) then you're just wasting everyones times for numerous reasons.

The DPD Chief made a call to arms to do exactly that - something the protesters should be happy about... and yet here you are .. "uhhh, I don't feel like it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If you refuse to do anything to help change (besides whine on MMO-C) then you're just wasting everyones times
    Like I've already said, I'm all for raising the salary of police officers if it meant they could finally raise their recruitment standards and get some capable people to work.

I don't see why I would take a low paying job full of corruption just to prove a point to you or any other internet warriors.

Deleted
    Liberals/progressives, by nature, are total fucking pussies.

Since it is mainly liberals/progressives doing the protesting, the possibility that ANY of them would ever man up and join the police force (or the military) is pretty much slim to none.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-12 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I love it, because he knows they won't. The biggest culprit of black deaths is other blacks. If they want to stop blacks from being killed then they should stop killing each other. They don't want a solution, they just want to blame others for their own problems, and unfortunately that turned out to be the police.
    Just so we're clear here, you don't think they should care so much about police brutality until its, what, the leading cause of preventable death in their communities?

Like I've already said, I'm all for raising the salary of police officers if it meant they could finally raise their recruitment standards and get some capable people to work.

I don't see why I would take a low paying job full of corruption just to prove a point to you or any other internet warriors.
    So you care about money more than fixing corruption or helping communities? Got it.

Anyway, the Dallas PD is doing good work, but this was a silly thing to say.