Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cop Threatens 5 year old girl

A Kansas police officer has been fired from his post after leaving a comment on a Dallas woman’s Facebook page that threatened her 5-year-old daughter.

Facebook user “Rodney Lee” published the comment at 11:50 p.m. last Thursday on LaNaydra Williams’ Facebook page. “We’ll see how much her life matters soon..” he wrote beneath a two-year-old photo of Williams’ daughter, India. “Better be careful leaving your info open where she can be found hold her close tonight, it’ll be the last time.”

Overland Park Police Chief Francis Donchez Jr. confirmed in a statement that the post was written by one of his officers. Multiple media outlets identified the commenter as Rodney Lee Wilson, but a department spokesperson declined to confirm the officer’s identity to The Huffington Post. (Both the Facebook accounts in question are no longer publicly accessible.)

This post on LaNaydra Williams’ Facebook page appears to threaten her young daughter.
    The officer was fired, “effective immediately,” Donchez said, and a criminal investigation is underway.

“I want to assure our community, and those outside our community, that our highest priority is the safety and welfare of the citizens of Overland Park, and the men and women who protect everyone,” he said. “I will continue to hold the employees of the Overland Park Police Department accountable for its actions on and off-duty.”

Williams told Kansas City NBC affiliate KSHB that she “felt horrified” by the officer’s comment, particularly because she’d never even met him. She said she was worried that he might retaliate if he was fired for his actions.

The threatening comment was posted hours after a man assaulted and killed five police officers during a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas. Protesters were denouncing police brutality after two black men, Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, were fatally shot by police officers in Louisiana and Minnesota.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0344d51504618?

Apparently the woman of a person hold a knife to the neck of a cop, pretty obsured on it own, but for a cop to threaten a 5 year is pretty low.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Only fired for that? Why not prison?

Huh. So he was held accountable for his abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Huh. So he was held accountable for his abuse?
    Yeah, apparently all it takes is publicly threatening to murder children.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can't just throw people in prison without a trial.

But seriously, is this guy fucking high?
    He should be put there to ensure the safety of the family in question if he makes threats like that until the trial

I'm pretty sure they'd have to file for a restraining order first and he'd have to violate it.
    Probably. Without knowing the specifics of the state's laws, imprisonment without any priors for a nonviolent charge is pretty steep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they'd have to file for a restraining order first and he'd have to violate it.
    Restraining orders only work if the actor decides to abide by it. Unfortunately in too many cases by the time a restraining order is issued the actor no longer cares about the law. A restraining order ain't nothing but a piece of paper.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-07-12 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    Yep you cant do that. No matter how badly mom misbehaves you cant just go about threatening little girls.

Then again, a 5 y.o with a public fb page? Thats just dumb.

What if the violation is when he comes to kill her?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    What if the violation is when he comes to kill her?
    The DA will be free to make the case before a court that that is a likely scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really beside the point. Whether it works or not, that's likely what due process is in this case. If that doesn't sit well with you, take it up with the state legislature.

Bad news bears.
    Was replying to your post about throwing people into prison without trial, you can certainly throw them into jail without trail. Charge him, give him a court date, see how bad he wants to pay bond. Though I'm no lawyer, not sure what his charges would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Cops are a bit too used to enjoying a lot of protection in the USA. It's why they are so out of control.

Thing is, he might very well be right about everything he wrote and threatened.
    Yeah that's why he's being punished and investigated. So much protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Yeah that's why he's being punished and investigated. So much protection.
    He's right to point out that the police enjoy a level of leeway in our criminal and civil court system that no one else really gets. Police are able to walk away, often without even being charged, for behavior that would put a lot of us in prison. The jury bias in favor of police is well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    He's right to point out that the police enjoy a level of leeway in our criminal and civil court system that no one else really gets. Police are able to walk away, often without even being charged, for behavior that would put a lot of us in prison. The jury bias in favor of police is well documented.
    So why have a jury?

That is a very faux argument.

Cop wouldn't have done it if he didn't think he could get away with it.
    Well then, if you follow that logic black people have insane protection in the US since they wouldn't commit crimes if they didn't think they could get away with it.

Fact is, in the US they often get away with it as we've seen in numerous occassions in the past.
    And we've seen people not get away with it, and we've seen people who weren't cops get away with crimes. Crazy!

Any criminal investigation into this will be waved away. Last time something similar happened a cop was given a 3 month paid vacation to the Bahamas (suspension they called it).
    Hey look, biased assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    So why have a jury?
    Dumb civil rights.

Talk about fucked in the head. That creepy motherfucker needs to be institutionalized.

Something sadly and eerily wrong with that though.

Lack of education seems to cause democracy not to be very effective.
    Democracy never was effective. And jurys are objectively bad.
    I don't think the cop was actually contemplating child murder. Not saying that writing that on a public forum is in any way ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, yes, when your people are stupid then you have government for the stupid, by the stupid.

I wouldn't eliminate the jury system, but it's kind of laughably bad in a lot of regards. That's what you get though when "common sense" is the gold standard for blindly stumbling through life.

Maybe first time jurors should be required to take a class to cover basic shit, like eye witness testimony not being all that reliable, especially if there are any interfering factors.
    "Jurors" should be professionally trained people, not being manipulated by either side. I don't think layman jury has any place in a criminal justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, apparently all it takes is publicly threatening to murder children.
    You're right. It's much more prudent to wait until he actually kills the child, makes for a much more dramatic court case. With crying mother and all... You'll never get the ratings you want without a dead child and only threats.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I'm not sure professional jurors are a good idea. I definitely don't want ones that work for the government, since that largely undermines the value of a jury, and any sort of professional juror firm will likely trend towards favoring the prosecution, since they'd likely have their paychecks signed by the government.
    Assuming these jurors do get the paycheck from the government and have no oversight. Still, a layman jury is much more problematic in my eye.