Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robbymc88 View Post
    I'm having fun with ele. Not sure bout everyone else
    Ele has always been a "fun" spec, but fun doesn't make the spec viable or good.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Game releases literally next month... still to early to tell.

Best troll ever.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Elemental was trash to begin with
    2. 1 blue response in a 28 pages long feedback thread (even this one was forced)
    3. traits, abilities and talents work against each other
    4. its still okay to apply mechanics which were removed from the game to Elemental (UE, SK)
    5. no defensive tier, while they removed Shamanistic Rage
    6. GoW and WRT still on the same tier, while they removed SWG
    Don't forget that they reverted the cooldown change to Ascendance from 2m back to 3m while barely making it better than the shit fest it is currently. They also made the shit fest a talent instead of keeping it baseline.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2016-07-13 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Game releases literally next month... still to early to tell.

Best troll ever.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Elemental was trash to begin with
    2. 1 blue response in a 28 pages long feedback thread (even this one was forced)
    3. traits, abilities and talents work against each other
    4. its still okay to apply mechanics which were removed from the game to Elemental (UE, SK)
    5. no defensive tier, while they removed Shamanistic Rage
    6. GoW and WRT still on the same tier, while they removed SWG
    Your continuing lack of constructive content on these forums is ...boring, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Nearly every class is doomed.. Have you not seen the overwhelmingly negative feedback on nearly every class..?
    This is so true makes me crack up, if I believed every class thread I would think no class/spec was playable.

Very similar to WoD but you can spam FS.

So it's still a boring spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creonptc View Post
    This is so true makes me crack up, if I believed every class thread I would think no class/spec was playable.
    While this is true to a great degree, Elemental has just simply been on the lower end of the food chain for a very long time, and there is definitely reason to the doom and gloom from Mythic progress raiders concerning the spec.

Dps shaman will continue to be benched in mythic raid in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Unlikely looking at Enh, likely for Ele.

ele was doomed the moment they decided to take away Lightning Bolt on the Move. Spec went from super boring shit to fun in Cata until WoD prepatch even if you couldnt compete with Blizzards Favorite Classes
    Last edited by jasdasm; 2016-07-14 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Enhancement wrecks face, and is really fun.

Guys do you guys take in consideration stat weights? i remember while playing mop i just started to do an awesome dps when i reached certain point of haste/mastery i think devs take this into consideration. and btw now we have our mastery back so haste influences on flame shock ticks so multi target fights with multiple flame shocks and certain amount of haste and mastery can make it really awesome.

Sorry, just registered on MMO champ cant post links (Been in legion beta for a long long time now.)

Ele is fine. Search for elemental shaman raid legion on youtube. Can see some single target in action!

The same shaman has logs up with an AoE fight which was #2 behind a Sin rogue (wtf?) Rather surprising

Crit > Haste > Vers > Mastery. (from what I've read)

Quote Originally Posted by rougenite View Post
    Sorry, just registered on MMO champ cant post links (Been in legion beta for a long long time now.)

Ele is fine. Search for elemental shaman raid legion on youtube. Can see some single target in action!

The same shaman has logs up with an AoE fight which was #2 behind a Sin rogue (wtf?) Rather surprising

Those videos are quite old though and we have got a handful of nerfs since

Your sample size is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by BentPencils View Post
    Enhancement wrecks face, and is really fun.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    Those videos are quite old though and we have got a handful of nerfs since
    2 weeks was the most recent video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Your sample size is amazing
    As opposed to what? People see nerfs, that we aren't topping meters overreact and say 'broken!'

Is the spec perfect? Nope. That doesn't mean it is doomed.

Deleted
    just a thought (of cource i can be wrong).
    seeing as shadow and balance is also so nerfed down, im starting to think that maybe its the thing with blizzard now, to nerf these ranged classes down what have healing offspecs.
    so they want us to go mages and warlocks for pure dps purposes.

Deleted
    yeah blizzard devs worked their asses off for some time and then said "yo remember the good ol'days of vanilla where every hybrid was healing only? was cool,lets force them to only play resto!what if we bring back threat too?"
    They have done so much work this expansion,they have so many ways to buff/nerf a class. If they dont at least try to have a +/- 5%balance then its not ele that's doomed but its wow itself. Besides bugs and only 1 defensive option (which looks like its intentional,plz make healing surge instant cast at the cost of maelstrom) elemental is more than fine. ofc i prefer enhancement over elemental but i also prefer melee than ranged. But with so many melees these expansion few people will get their chance to actually play melee (unless you are on a heroic only guild).

As opposed to what? People see nerfs, that we aren't topping meters overreact and say 'broken!'
    This statement is making assumptions and parading it as fact. People have been voicing legitimate concerns based on Elemental for weeks. During that time there has been silent nerfs and no communications from Blues. Meanwhile Enhancement that was in a very good place, had some enhancement players asking for nerfs as they knew they were overpowered they received minimal nerfs and repeated buffs, as well as the occassional Blue post.

Given the circumstances and the perceived remaining time left, people are getting nervous. Largely because it is a known fact that Elemental has been through similar situations in prior expansions and that did not end well.

Honestly we do not know what the final numbers will be like, we do not know what will happen between now and pre and between now and live. We can only make reasonable claims on things that we know. And what we know is that Elemental is not being brought in large or medium numbers in Beta Raids. We know they are not breaking the middle of the pack in most cases dps wise. We know they have little to no survivability or utility. We know that a number of beta players have reported being told to respec to Enh if they wanted to join them in content.

What i dont know is the level of gear used by other raiders in that Raid video. I dont know how much work was done on their artifacts. I dont know how well they know their class. I dont know if they know each other. All i know is that ele shaman in that video falls to the middle of the pack in most cases. Thats all.

I dont think Ele is doomed. But im gearing and preparing and studying my Enhancement rotations because until theres a Blue post to clarify what position they see us in, I will not be caught unprepared. Not in an Illidan expansion.

I'm not sure if askmrrobot is up to the current build but I assume it is. And because we're all so upset over the current BETA NUMBERS it says that we're doing a hell of a lot more damage than the other 3 mage specs, and doing better damage than most specs.

Quote Originally Posted by BentPencils View Post
    This statement is making assumptions and parading it as fact. People have been voicing legitimate concerns based on Elemental for weeks.

Enhancement that was in a very good place, had some enhancement players asking for nerfs as they knew they were overpowered they received minimal nerfs and repeated buffs, as well as the occassional Blue post.

Largely because it is a known fact that Elemental has been through similar situations in prior expansions and that did not end well.

And what we know is that Elemental is not being brought in large or medium numbers in Beta Raids.

We know that a number of beta players have reported being told to respec to Enh if they wanted to join them in content.

What i dont know is the level of gear used by other raiders in that Raid video. I dont know how much work was done on their artifacts. I dont know how well they know their class. I dont know if they know each other. All i know is that ele shaman in that video falls to the middle of the pack in most cases. Thats all.
    Snipped some out. Mechanical issues exist. Numbers issues do not. I've been playing legion since March.

Enhance didn't receive minor nerfs, they had huge ones. They had a bug and unintended interactions that blizzard is fixing. From what I remember, basically they got a 40% nerfs overall. They were broken.

It has been shitty yes. I never refuted that. It is not now. Ele is in a good place.

Ele has always been in low representation. That's nothing new. You know how many Ele players are in SWAGDONALDS on the beta? 3. Out of almost 1000.

Your gear is scaled in raid testing. You get the same ilvls across the board. As far as artifacts, no you do not know, I will give you that one point out of your entire wall of text.

I made that statement before. I've seen shitty logs i.e. shitty players. Shamcopy is a 13/13 mythic raider. He didn't even have the legion buffs going. His augment rune was +50 instead of 375 as an example.

I have even talked with Gistwiki on beta. Ele is not doomed, but it does have some issues.