Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We have to drive to town to play. I suffered many eyerolls from the gf.
    I think she enjoyed getting out in the end.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    No thank you, Orlong. I'd rather keep the game, since it is quite a bit of fun.

Even though it was a satire article, on the point of not shooting someone who is entering a house illegally:

If you are crawling through my window at 1 am, I will remove my gun from its lockbox and shoot you dead. You don't get a second chance when it comes to my family's safety. Alerting someone that is intruding into my home for an unknown reason is risking my life. I don't know why this is a hard concept for people to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Uh.

Satire news site = it didn't actually happen. Kinda matters.
    I actually corrected my post. Reading comp is obviously hard for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Me a SJW??? I never laughed so hard!
    But you're acting like one, so I wouldn't laugh too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Even though it was a satire article, on the point of not shooting someone who is entering a house illegally:

If you are crawling through my window at 1 am, I will remove my gun from its lockbox and shoot you dead. You don't get a second chance when it comes to my family's safety. Alerting someone that is intruding into my home for an unknown reason is risking my life. I don't know why this is a hard concept for people to understand.
    Same here. I will not take a SINGLE chance. I don't care if its in the middle of the night or broad day light. If someone is trying to come into my home, I will verify its not a small child or family / friend. The others? I will let them open the window and get a foot in, then I am taking them down. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I actually corrected my post. Reading comp is obviously hard for some.
    "It doesnt matter if its a satire site. after looking through it more, i see it is."

That's the statement I'm contesting. It matters a great deal.

If you can't understand why satire sites being satire matter, you shouldn't speak of reading comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It should be banned until they release it in Canada so I can play it!
    Download the APK and you can play it, unless you are on an inferior Iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    "It doesnt matter if its a satire site. after looking through it more, i see it is."

That's the statement I'm contesting. It matters a great deal.

If you can't understand why satire sites being satire matter, you shouldn't speak of reading comp.
    I just didn't correct out the first part. I see that its satire. So i disregarded it. It still doesn't detract from the negativity the game brings. Do you honestly think this game won't lead to the things the owner of that site poked fun at?

I can't find a Scyther anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    As hilarious as these incidents are to read, I also agree it should be banned, but only on the basis that its a poopy POS mobile phone game and people should be playing the real games instead.

I just didn't correct out the first part. I see that its satire. So i disregarded it. It still doesn't detract from the negativity the game brings. Do you honestly think this game won't lead to the things the owner of that site poked fun at?
    Ah, okay. That you were disregarding was unclear.

And maybe? But so will using the phone for other things, putting on makeup, reading a magazine, yelling at your kids in the backseat, sudden inspiration, a ball or other toy going into the street, someone calling a kid's name, protecting the ducks crossing the street and a myriad of other things that have existed and will continue to exist that makes people to dumb things and get killed. Again: it's a "people are morons" issue.

I could really care less about the game. I think its a masterful stroke by Nintendo. Its brilliant. Its just dangerous and the game has been out less than a week and already people getting shot, robbed, killed, and causing massive pileups on interstates. Its out of hand for something that has been out not even a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone is a reasonable human being. This world would be vastly different if they were.

Ask yourself what would you do if its 1 am and someone is trying to come in your home at 1am for whatever reason? Are you going to take the chance by asking them to please leave or are you going to protect you and yours?
    So what, people are stupid... and they do stupid things. That's not an excuse to restrict and ban a game.

I could really care less about the game. I think its a masterful stroke by Nintendo. Its brilliant. Its just dangerous and the game has been out less than a week and already people getting shot, robbed, killed, and causing massive pileups on interstates. Its out of hand for something that has been out not even a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone is a reasonable human being. This world would be vastly different if they were.

Ask yourself what would you do if its 1 am and someone is trying to come in your home at 1am for whatever reason? Are you going to take the chance by asking them to please leave or are you going to protect you and yours?
    I'd ask them what they think they're doing. Depending on their response I'd either ask if they need help, or call the police, or bonk them on head with a large bat. Preferably in that order.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Let's use the gun retoric. Guns are not the problem but the people behind it are. Guns don't kill people but people do.

Pokemon go doesn't encourage trespassing unless you are entirely stupid person (especially in the USA).

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    It is seriously impressive that every discussion involving the US devolves into right vs left, guns vs no guns, on this forum.
    Agreed, as someone who lives in the US it'd downright annoying to watch how both sides go at it. I wonder if any of the people and the right and left realize they are part of the problem right now in this country. But no they blame Obama or something else fucking stupid, how about both sides quits blaming each other and starts working together on issues. Regardless you summed it up quite well.

Deleted
    I have a feeling this years Darwin awards are going to be something special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have known this would be an Orlong thread.

Gotta love how he's all about freedom and liberty, unless its something he doesn't like, and then it has to be banned and made illegal. Come on Orlong, be honest with yourself and just declare yourself the fascist that you are.
    Putin khuliyo

ban dangerous things? not in my america!
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Gotta love how he's all about freedom and liberty, unless its something he doesn't like, and then it has to be banned and made illegal.
    It's Orlong. What else would you expect?