Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The stupid police has only been out for about a long time and its made life miserable for people who didn't do anything wrong and its dangerous. A few days ago in 2 separate incidents they killed someone who appeared to be playing life as they were glued to the ground or car seat

Additionally the police has been trespassing on other people's rights, going through dangerous racial prejudice, and blocking throughways like sidewalks, parking lots, and bike paths in larger groups. Apparently some police can only be found in certain areas like close to the world(creating the danger of injustice and murder)

And at least one person had been shot and killed for doing nothing wrong.

Wow, let's fucking ban the police.

TL;DR this bullshit: Fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is OP:

Im sorry you're bitter OP. I know you lead a miserable life. This game will never be banned, its here to stay. DEAL WITH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    I have been out and about for the last 4 days looking for pokemon, and have legit, only even SEEN 2 other people outside(discounting people in cars, or shopping at stores, and the like) and they certainly werent pokemon hunting. I live in super suburbia NY, and I have seen no increase in the outside population. Not entirely sure where these major hordes of people supposedly are.

On a note related to one of those articles. If you're stupid enough to not just wander onto someones property(a step or 2 on the front lawn is probably ok), but to circle around their house. And then to trigger security lights, and still not leave! And then to go as far to break into their house!? Lets face it, that amount of stupid wasn't going to survive much longer regardless.
    Think he would have still been shot if he knocked on the door at 1:30 am and said "Ma'am there is a Pokemon in your house that I need to catch. I'll just be a minute"?
    That kid was sure going places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    hundreds dies every minute, who cares, its their own fault, people should be more cautious, dont ban the game Lol.
    People who aren't aware of their surroundings (As it tells you in the loading screen) are idiots. this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Natural Selection at work already, good, we could be better off with some people gone. Now if we only could get Donald Trump into the game.....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It doesn't matter, he's being a hypocrite. he claims to support personal responsibility when it comes to the use of guns... but not in regards to people trespassing for Pokemon. His logical inconsistency is worth discussing, and it's not off topic. It allows people to refute his stance... with his own stance.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a stupid argument, you just don't like it... because it demonstrates the hypocrisy that many conservatives share. They demand people be held accountable for their actions, not tools. Then they turn around and try to ban the tools they don't like. So one must ask, which is at fault, the tool... or the person? If it's the person, then why restrict the tool?
    Conservatives? How many liberals try to ban soda and other things because they don't think the American people can take personal responsibility, this is not a Liberal conservative issue, that's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I expect not because it could interfere with emergency services
    I doubt your phone requires 3G/4G to call an ambulance. You can't jam the whole spectrum anyway.. well not without going through enormous hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Conservatives? How many liberals try to ban soda and other things because they don't think the American people can take personal responsibility, this is not a Liberal conservative issue, that's just dumb.
    Liberals are also hypocrites, I have no problem saying it. If you want to point out the hypocrisy of a liberal like Endus, I'll be right there beside you.

Pokemon Go is a stupid and overrated game anyway, I hate it simply for the hype alone. Sick of hearing it, sick of seeing it on the news when it isn't newsworthy.

People are sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But its not just a few idiots. Every day I see multiple news stories about people who broke the law to play the game by trespassing, and quite a few have been assaulted, robbed, or shot over it
    these kinda people will get into trouble regardless of the tool - if you don't have the sense to not trespass while playing a game, you are not going to all of a sudden have the sense to not trespass while not playing a game...people who do these things while playing a game would do them even while not playing a game is my point

10+ Year Old Account
    Should we ban rolling pins because of the few people who have used them as a weapon?
    Or how about shoelaces for all the people killed by a badly timed trip or stuck lace?
    How about super glue for ever dumbass who used it to get high?

The correct answer is no. Do not punish the many for the dumbassery of a few.

Besides:

I wanna be the very best!
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-07-12 at 12:17 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Guns are regulated, pokemon isn't, please just stop this argument, it's stupid
    The entire point of the argument was not that they're exactly the same; that is never the point of an analogy. The point is that gun advocates believe, whether they say so explicitly or not, that people can take individual responsibility for their actions, and what idiots and criminals do should not be used as justification for preventing other citizens from participating. If a criminal commits a crime with a gun, or if an idiot fails to properly safeguard said weapon, that shouldn't be justification for keeping other citizens from legally owning firearms.

The exact same argument applies to anything, that just happens to be an issue he's come out in favor of, so was an easy reference.

By arguing that "people are too stupid to use Pokemon Go intelligently, therefore it should be banned", he is now coming down on the side of banning things for everyone because some people can't use it without getting themselves hurt.

The hypocrisy of maintaining the position on one topic of "some people use this thing stupidly, but that shouldn't stop the rest of us from having a right to use it", and on a second topic of "some people use this thing stupidly, therefore nobody should use it to keep the idiots safe", indicates that the core arguments have less to do with stated rationale and more to do with personal distaste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Pokemon Go is a stupid and overrated game anyway, I hate it simply for the hype alone. Sick of hearing it, sick of seeing it on the news when it isn't newsworthy.

People are sheep.
    Oh look. You have an avatar of Austin Powers character #2... You're such a sheep. So overrated. -_-

Man too many bitter, single, double digit IQ, tripple digit income inbreds with nothing else to do but to cry about a video game. Re-evaluate your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    The entire point of the argument was not that they're exactly the same; that is never the point of an analogy. The point is that gun advocates believe, whether they say so explicitly or not, that people can take individual responsibility for their actions, and what idiots and criminals do should not be used as justification for preventing other citizens from participating. If a criminal commits a crime with a gun, or if an idiot fails to properly safeguard said weapon, that shouldn't be justification for keeping other citizens from legally owning firearms.

The exact same argument applies to anything, that just happens to be an issue he's come out in favor of, so was an easy reference.

By arguing that "people are too stupid to use Pokemon Go intelligently, therefore it should be banned", he is now coming down on the side of banning things for everyone because some people can't use it without getting themselves hurt.

The hypocrisy of maintaining the position on one topic of "some people use this thing stupidly, but that shouldn't stop the rest of us from having a right to use it", and on a second topic of "some people use this thing stupidly, therefore nobody should use it to keep the idiots safe", indicates that the core arguments have less to do with stated rationale and more to do with personal distaste.
    Guns have an age restriction, and criminals are irrelevant in the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    And if the OP were arguing that Pokemon GO should have an age restriction, that might be somewhat relevant. He's not, so it's not.

They aren't irrelevant at all. Someone wants to blanket ban something, because a select few are not responsible while using it. That same person seems to take the polar opposite stance when the issue is about a different tool... guns.

Deleted
    Guy gets shot playing a video game. "Guns don't kill people, video games do!"

Seriously, would it not be more polite to ask someone to fuck off and find their pokemon elsewhere rather than resorting to killing them in "self defense"?

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Oh look. You have an avatar of Austin Powers character #2... You're such a sheep. So overrated. -_-

Man too many bitter, single, double digit IQ, tripple digit income inbreds with nothing else to do but to cry about a video game. Re-evaluate your lives.

Is that how we win arguments? Random less than clever insults on character?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They aren't irrelevant at all. Someone wants to blanket ban something, because a select few are not responsible while using it. That same person seems to take the polar opposite stance when the issue is about a different tool... guns.
    Criminals are irrelevant when every argument comes to banning, or regulating a device.

Is that how we win arguments? Random less than clever insults on character?

- - - Updated - - -

Criminals are irrelevant when every argument comes to banning, or regulating a device.
    His justification for banning it is criminal activity. He is arguing against himself... and losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I doubt your phone requires 3G/4G to call an ambulance. You can't jam the whole spectrum anyway.. well not without going through enormous hassle.
    I meant more that if emergency services were on your property for whatever reason, but yeah, at that point you may as well just build and live in a Faraday cage.