Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You don't think we would see an increase in drug users if it was legal?
    There would not be a measurable increase in drug use. Law enforcement can't even keep drugs out of prisons. People who use drugs do so regardless of the law. Do you believe you yourself would be more vulnerable to heroin if it were legal?

The best examples being Portugal (decriminalization) or states with recreational marijuana .

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    There would not be a measurable increase in drug use. Law enforcement can't even keep drugs out of prisons. People who use drugs do so regardless of the law. Do you believe you yourself would be more vulnerable to heroin if it were legal?

The best examples being Portugal (decriminalization) or states with recreational marijuana .
    I drink but if it was against the law I wouldn't, pretty sure there are a lot of people who think that way. Doesn't mean I think if i twas legal everyone would be doing it but use some common sense

Deleted
    I drink but if it was against the law I wouldn't, pretty sure there are a lot of people who think that way. Doesn't mean I think if i twas legal everyone would be doing it but use some common sense
    Have you ever looked into the prohibition, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Have you ever looked into the prohibition, by any chance?
    That's not even a counter argument for what I said. Hell if anything, alcohol is legal but people still make it illegally, which is really against your legal drug argument.

Deleted
    That's not even a counter argument for what I said.
    Of course it is. The prohibition caused alcohol use to drop at first, but as soon as people figured out how and where to get it, it rose back to pretty much it's original levels, thus actually doing nothing useful in the long run. You claimed that you and "a lot of people" would stop drinking if it was illegal, and there's actual historical evidence that that's most likely not the case. At least not until you get that local still up and running.

Hell if anything, alcohol is legal but people still make it illegally, which is really against your legal drug argument.
    It's not. You're talking about production, not consumption. Making alcohol is illegal, and it has very long roots in the US. Hence there's all kinds of romantic notions about it.

But hey, if you want to believe that making something illegal and telling people not to do it is not going to make them want to do it even more, then you're definitely free to do just that.