Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Ornyx - Blizz CM Calls Players Liars --> Good on him.

Community Manager - Ornyx last week recently responded to players on the forums complaining about some of their questions not being answered:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

What I think is more important to note, however, is that all of these questions were on the list to be answered, but Holinka and Lore ran out of time to discuss more of them. Looking at the list of questions we had for this Q&A, we had roughly 60 questions from the US forums, EU forums, and Twitter - so, yes, there were a lot of items to discuss and we, unfortunately, did not hit all of them. Focusing entirely on questions that concern only a minority would be quite unfair, however, so we did answer questions on both ends of the spectrum.

Like others said, just because you knew the answer to one or more of the questions does not mean it wasn't worth discussing for players who may not be following along as closely as you are. Anyways, adding fuel about us "ignoring" the "inconvenient questions" is completely fabricated and really not helpful to the conversation overall.
    In his closing statement, he basically calls these people liars who are making up a world where Blizzard is "ignoring" their questions. I say good on Ornyx for standing up to these morons and not taking their shit. I get tired of seeing players abuse Blizzard and make up lies to try to catch Blizzard in a trap. This is the type of stuff that Celestion did and I say good on the CMs who stand up and not take the bullcrap some of the community spews at them.

Blizzard is not ignoring players. Players THINK Blizzard is ignoring them because Blizzard does not and cannot respond to every single player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Blizzard is not ignoring players. Players THINK Blizzard is ignoring them because Blizzard does not and cannot respond to every single player.
    Which is why I think it is ridiculous that players have this complex about them and they accuse blizzard of all sorts of bile. Players have an accusing attitude, they don't stop to think that maybe, just maybe this is someones JOB, they get paid to develop these games, and when you attack them, you are basically attacking the work that they do for a living. And posting disingenuous and deceitful things to try to trap Blizzard and say "GOTCHA! You didn't do what you said you were going to do" is a completely useless attitude. I find this is the case from the pro-flight crowd a lot, but in this specific case, it was the PvP discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    This is what they see.

I have a question..
    You nerfed...
    This is OP...
    Bots..

Multiplied by the number of players out there. Trying to answer say 6 million people, is a wee bit tough.

Deleted
    I am still waiting for an answer to my ticket as to what happened to one of my accounts in WoTLK, it was having latency issues after 6pm only on one account, worked fine after a patch. Still an ISP problem.?

Meh, since they started directing everything to Warcraftdevs the communication has gone to shit.

Well, one of those situations in which a CM should have had kept their mouth shut or, at least, not delved into it as deep as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Community Manager - Ornyx last week recently responded to players on the forums complaining about some of their questions not being answered:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

What I think is more important to note, however, is that all of these questions were on the list to be answered, but Holinka and Lore ran out of time to discuss more of them. Looking at the list of questions we had for this Q&A, we had roughly 60 questions from the US forums, EU forums, and Twitter - so, yes, there were a lot of items to discuss and we, unfortunately, did not hit all of them. Focusing entirely on questions that concern only a minority would be quite unfair, however, so we did answer questions on both ends of the spectrum.

Like others said, just because you knew the answer to one or more of the questions does not mean it wasn't worth discussing for players who may not be following along as closely as you are. Anyways, adding fuel about us "ignoring" the "inconvenient questions" is completely fabricated and really not helpful to the conversation overall.
    In his closing statement, he basically calls these people liars who are making up a world where Blizzard is "ignoring" their questions. I say good on Ornyx for standing up to these morons and not taking their shit. I get tired of seeing players abuse Blizzard and make up lies to try to catch Blizzard in a trap. This is the type of stuff that Celestion did and I say good on the CMs who stand up and not take the bullcrap some of the community spews at them.
    It's not a fabrication when there is reasonable doubt. How were players supposed to know there were 60+ questions in queue to be asked? Ornyx should apologize for that statement for insinuating that people had disregarded knowledge (that they did not have) and are only intent on inflaming the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    It's not a fabrication when there is reasonable doubt. How were players supposed to know there were 60+ questions in queue to be asked? Ornyx should apologize for that statement for insinuating that people had disregarded knowledge (that they did not have) and are only intent on inflaming the community.
    Because more often than not they do lie and try to trap Blizzard. He was completely within his right to call these people liars.

Quote Originally Posted by anastrace View Post
    Multiplied by the number of players out there. Trying to answer say 6 million people, is a wee bit tough.
    Exactly this.

I don't see this thread ending well.

I found it unprofessional and necessary to add that comment at end, I had hoped this childishness had ended with Bashiok leaving. On a more positive note if anyone cares read the thread on the blue tracker Holinka goes some way to addressing the issue when he tries to answer many of questions that were missed.

People getting mad at nothing get mad at someone telling them they were getting mad about nothing. Just another day on the internets.

It's very obvious by now that when people say Blizzard is ignoring them, what they really mean is "Blizzard isn't doing what I want".

In general, I'm happy if someone at Blizzard politely puts a middle finger to everyone who whines about a game company "ignoring" them. We know enough about Blizzard by now to be pretty damn certain that if there's a prevalent issue in the community, Blizzard pretty much always knows. Just because they don't make hundreds of goddamn posts every day acknowledging that a thing has been read doesn't mean they didn't read it.

Deleted
    I just wish they wouldn't respond to negative threads in general unless ridiculing them, or people learn how to get best answers. I want to play with like minded players, not bad whiney players.

He should call the OP a liar and cut out the middleman, given how you're spinning a simple and clear statement into something else in order to stir up drama.

Quote Originally Posted by anastrace View Post
    This is what they see.

I have a question..
    You nerfed...
    This is OP...
    Bots..

3 million you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, players say all sorts of bullshit and lies, news to no-one. His wording is completely fine and bullshit should be called eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    He should be fired or demoted for lack of professionalism. Customers are the reason he has a job. You do not ever go off on a customer. Ever. At most you simply disengage and walk away. I know in places I've worked the rule is if a customer is going completely off, stand there and paste a smile on your face. Frankly if he can't handle the heat without dumping his professionalism, he should gtfo of the metaphorical kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    He should be fired or demoted for lack of professionalism. Customers are the reason he has a job. You do not ever go off on a customer. Ever. At most you simply disengage and walk away. I know in places I've worked the rule is if a customer is going completely off, stand there and paste a smile on your face. Frankly if he can't handle the heat without dumping his professionalism, he should gtfo of the metaphorical kitchen.
    Lack of professionalism?

Its a video game forum with unruly gamers who have much worse manners than he had with that quip of calling out players with their fabricated bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Players are worse than angry drunks at a pub. You would prefer copy paste answers?