Thread: Artifact Relics

Artifact Relics

I'm trying to understand how relics work.

For example, for a Holy Priest, Archived Record of Valor gives a +1 to Holy Hands.

If I have Holy Hands maxed out already does this give any benefit? I assume not, so I want a point from Holy Hands to put some where else. I believe to reset your artifact is going to be costly, so how is this going to be handled? I see Relics as something that are going to be changing at the same rate as gear and early on likely changing quite a bit.

I'm just trying to understand how this all works. Thanks!

Check out Wowhead. They have a great write-up on all things artifact on their main page. Will have this information and a lot of other stuff you're probably curious about as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You always get the extra rank (even if you've maxed the trait or can't access the trait yet). If you're 3/3, you end up at 4/3. All of the traits that you can get relics for have six ranks in the spell data, so even if you get three relics for the same trait you get full benefit and the trait will be at 6/3.

If Holy Hands is normally a 3/3 Skill it will be 4/4 with this relic. Or 1/4 if it was 0/3 before getting the relic.

Awesome. Thank you for the quick replies guys!

Deleted
    You simply go +4 for that trait, try the Wowhead artifact calculator it's really helpful!

Its not very complicated. Yes, they always give the trait extra even when maxed.
    They give Item Level to the weapon and are destroyed for good when you put a new one in on top.

They function as weapon upgrade replacements now that we technically keep the same weapon for the whole expansion, but they have some cool added bonuses along with that.

They can come from World Quests, regular quest while leveling up, and any dungeon or raid boss that may have them on the loot table.

That's all there is!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Ya and you don't swap relics too often. They are like gems. They tell you how much ilvl they will add to your weapon and they add to what ever trait no matter if you have nothing in there or if it's maxed out. So for example the trait that reduces metamorphosis cool down, reduces it by 20 sec per point. So maxed out its 60 seconds off the cd. Relics will add ranks at the same increment. So it will reduce it an additional 20 secs at 4 points for a total of 80 seconds off cd.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I'm trying to understand how relics work.

For example, for a Holy Priest, Archived Record of Valor gives a +1 to Holy Hands.

If I have Holy Hands maxed out already does this give any benefit? I assume not, so I want a point from Holy Hands to put some where else. I believe to reset your artifact is going to be costly, so how is this going to be handled? I see Relics as something that are going to be changing at the same rate as gear and early on likely changing quite a bit.

I'm just trying to understand how this all works. Thanks!
    You do get the extra rank. So it becomes 4/3 with that fourth point being equal in power level to the points before it. So if something gave 1% and at max you get 3% getting that fourth point would be 4%.

Personally I am excited for this. Trying to find the perfect relic will be a challenge but there are a few specific talents that can be focused on to help to exaggerate or define a style of play. Though from what I understand, basically you always want to go with the relic that gives you the highest item level first as that will be a large increase in throughput. Then focus on getting the right relic, with the right bonus's at the right level.

They haven't really talked about how WF/TF works with Relics, but just an FYI if you get a +5 or +25 etc on your relic it does NOT add +5 or +25 to your artifact ilvl, from what i have seen it adds about a 1/3 of what ever the +X is. So a +15 TF on a relic would add ~+5 ilvls to your artifact.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    They haven't really talked about how WF/TF works with Relics, but just an FYI if you get a +5 or +25 etc on your relic it does NOT add +5 or +25 to your artifact ilvl, from what i have seen it adds about a 1/3 of what ever the +X is. So a +15 TF on a relic would add ~+5 ilvls to your artifact.
    Titanforged raises the ilvl of the relic itself which is tied to the item level. At the max titanforged level of 895 they give +52 ilvl each. Wowhead has a chart showing ilvl vs how much ilvl your weapon gains in one of their guides. Fro reference heroic dungion ones are +36 and heroic raids are +48.

Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    Titanforged raises the ilvl of the relic itself which is tied to the item level. At the max titanforged level of 895 they give +52 ilvl each. Wowhead has a chart showing ilvl vs how much ilvl your weapon gains in one of their guides. Fro reference heroic dungion ones are +36 and heroic raids are +48.
    Yes TF/WF raises the ilvl on a relic hence me talking about +5 n +25, but like i said a +25 ilvl (Titanforge) boost on a relic does NOT give +25 ilvl to your Artifact...

An 875 Relic adds +51 ilvls to your Artifact, at max 895 it should 7-9 more ilvls so in total it be the +58-61 ilvls to the artifact.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-07-12 at 09:03 PM.