Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They did say investigation, probably to prevent people from doing what you seem to be planning
    Yeah, "investigation" my ass. Community consensus or just general number of reports more realistically. Nothing at all to do with justice or anything remotely relating to a civilized penal system. This change will get all the China gold farmers, all the retard asshats, a lot of elitists, most of the prolific trolls who act as server personalities, and probably a lot of people who say things the vocal minority doesn't agree with.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Just wow further destruction of WoW because this will not be used for actual offenders that deserve it. People are going to abuse the hell out of this and turn WoW into carebear mode.

Blizzard is literally taking the "I'm reporting you" meme and adding it to the game. WoW is going to turn into a report fest just like League of Legends. Sigh..........

Inb4 people start to get silenced on calling people out for being bad at the game. If people start to get silenced for this I'll drop my sub immediately. I don't play WoW to be afraid to type in chat.

This is exactly why I quit League of Legends and I'm sad this community report option garbage is spilling over into WoW. I've never once said anything other than calling people Bad/Retarded/Garbage/Suck and have been silenced in that game which is complete shit. I understand calling people Cunts/Racist stuff/wish death should deserve silences but telling people they suck never should.

Blizzard is seriously destroying their own game. This is the type of shit that will make people quit in droves and I sure hope they do if this garbage isn't removed.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2016-07-12 at 08:17 PM.

I'm waiting to hear from all the people that didn't like "forced socialization" because it's not true socialization.
    (by you know ... making reward structures that require and reward cooperative play in the whole game world).

How do you like that "forced civility" now?
    I'm sure it's the best thing since sliced bread when Kotick and Co are doing it.

Or basically Blizzard giving up on designing a game that promotes socialization and resorting to artificial policing.
    If that's not the ultimate failure in game design I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    From what I understood they're going to investigate the report before they silence people.
    They said the same thing about heroes but then dbrow confirmed that isn't the case.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

The toxicity and widespread casual racism rampant in trade chat deserves silence. Call me a libtard; this is what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    The toxicity and widespread casual racism rampant in trade chat deserves silence. Call me a libtard; this is what I think.
    Wah, ignore the people and move on.

This feature is going to destroy WoW you just wait and see. I don't like a lot of stuff I see in WoW and real life but I bite my tongue because I don't need a "safe space" from naughty words I don't like.

They're going down the same path Riot games did and that game is ruining itself as well.

I always question the logic of giving tools to the hypersensitive then asking them to police others...

Seems like giving a arsonist a box of matches...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Delicate porcelain skinned players unable to figure out how to use the /ignore fuction, Blizzard resorts to heavy handed tactics that are prone to abuse.

More news at 11.
    Ya it makes someone delicate because they don't want to deal with the same 12 people acting out of character because of the anonymity of the internet. You're probably the softest person in your social group, because of the exact same shit.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I always question the logic of giving tools to the hypersensitive then asking them to police others...

Seems like giving a arsonist a box of matches...
    Exactly, we've all seen how terribly this system has done in League of Legends.

All it did was turn a lot of matches into "I'm reporting you" "Well if you're reporting me anyway why should I try" and the games turn into complete shit because people just want to get to the end to report each other. League was a much more enjoyable game before Riot gave the community a way to police/blame each other with a button of power.

This is exactly what Blizzard is going to do in WoW. I can see it now I'm going to be tanking a Heroic or Mythic and go "Healer wtf are you doing" (because healers love to randomly go afk or twiddle their thumbs and not heal) and he's going to reply with "WoW dude chill you I'm reporting you".

Like get the hell out of here with garbage like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    How do you like that "forced civility" now?
    I'm sure it's the best thing since sliced bread when Kotick and Co are doing it.
    I think it is a shame that some elements of the WoW community are unable to act in mature and civil manner and need civility forced upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Then that's fine, but if you give people tools then they will use them.
    So edgy! Yes, people will do just that regardless of how idiotic or immature it is. Eventually they will get silenced for the abuse of the system as well. It has happened in HotS, it will happen in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Exactly, we've all seen how terribly this system has done in League of Legends.

All it did was turn a lot of matches into "I'm reporting you" "Well if you're reporting me anyway why should I try" and the games turn into complete shit because people just want to get to the end to report each other. League was a much more enjoyable game before Riot gave the community a way to police/blame each other with a button of power.
    And yet League of Legends had its most successful year ever last year with revenue reportedly hitting $1.6billion.
    Last edited by Pann; 2016-07-12 at 08:33 PM.

Should stop Gold spammers finally.

Deleted
    Love this, but it's a shame it was needed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Well... I can't call you a libtard because there is no freedom of speech on this forum... so, yeah.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    For those threatening to leave over this I support your decision. You probably don't need to be talking in Trade and I probably don't need to see anything you have to say.

Not being an asshole is pretty simple.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Delicate porcelain skinned players unable to figure out how to use the /ignore fuction, Blizzard resorts to heavy handed tactics that are prone to abuse.

More news at 11.
    looks like we found the trade chat troll
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

I'm so happy about this. Blizz will investigate reports so abusing the feature won't work. This is going to shut down all the stupid adolescent attention-seeking crap, over time. Yay!

ahh i can see it now

>player does nothing in pug and gets carried
    >gets kicked and told to shape up because said player is not getting carried
    >said player cries and reports raid leader
    >raid leader silenced

4Head EleGiggle will ensue

awful change. it's ridiculous to impose hots/ow carebear fairy rules in a fucking mmo.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-07-12 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think it is a shame that some elements of the WoW community are unable to act in mature and civil manner and need civility forced upon them.
    Need civility forced upon them the same way blacks and the non-Western world did? Interesting argument. You can never tell where liberals are going, can you? You think they're all sunshine and rainbows and they throw down the same arguments colonialists and slave traders used in their time.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube