Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    mmmm

that sounds like made up unicorn dust stories...

lots of canadians, or so they claim in these forums, are pissed beyond relief about it (get it? _).... and out of nowhere they are saying they are happy?

i say bs.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Talk about unappreciative, if it wasn't for the U.s. caring enough to keep your country out of the hands of the soviets, the cold war would have been a lot rougher for you.

Anyway, naaa dude, its cool, you can keep the refugees, if you're pissed off take it up with Merkel.
    Relinquishing Germany to the soviets wasnt really an option in the grand sceme of US forgein military strategy. And no, I do apprechiate the good that came of it, but that doesnt mean I cant address the bad. Because the things I brought up werent natural or inevitable consequences of the US-ERP.

True Merkel is in power, we kind of elected her. But if only she was the worst of the bunch...
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2016-07-12 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Relinquishing Germany to the soviets wasnt really an option in the grand sceme of US forgein military strategy. And no, I do apprechiate the good that came of it, but that doesnt mean I cant address the bad. Because the things I brought up werent natural or inevitable consequences of the US-ERP.

True Merkel is in power, we kind of elected her. But if only she was the worst of the bunch...
    Indeed, but blaming us for the lack of political backbone that's in Germany today isn't our fault, its the fault of your own voting base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    mmmm

that sounds like made up unicorn dust stories...

lots of canadians, or so they claim in these forums, are pissed beyond relief about it (get it? _).... and out of nowhere they are saying they are happy?

i say bs.
    Why would you think Traderswind and his ilk are representative of the general Canadian population. Clearly the facts prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why would you think Traderswind and his ilk are representative of the general Canadian population. Clearly the facts prove otherwise.
    Because Tradewind is hilarious.

I'm under the impression that you and endus are on the minority side of the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Tradewind is hilarious.

I'm under the impression that you and endus are on the minority side of the issue.
    Class clowns are the ones who usually end up umemployed or working at Mcdonalds. Not sure why we would take such people seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you overthrow a government, destabilize the region, leave, return to bomb the shit out of the remaining infrastructure, to help the ones you left earlier?

And you don´t see any faults on your part that could explain a need for taking in refugees from that region?
    Europe screwed up the Middle East to begin with. Who do you think created Israel? Why are minority groups in Syria and Iraq in charge? Yes Assad's Alawite and Saddams Sunnis were the minority groups. It's because colonial powers used to unite with minority groups because the minority groups needed them for protection. It's why colonial powers drew borders that would make these countries unstable.

Once the colonial powers pulled out, the minority groups had to rely on terrorizing the majority groups, Sunnis in Syria and Shiites in Iraq to keep them subdued.

Plenty of blame to go around.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Class clowns are the ones who usually end up umemployed or working at Mcdonalds. Not sure why we would take such people seriously
    where do you work mr. ten?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Europe screwed up the Middle East to begin with. Who do you think created Israel? Why are minority groups in Syria and Iraq in charge? Yes Assad's Alawite and Saddams Sunnis were the minority groups. It's because colonial powers used to unite with minority groups because the minority groups needed them for protection. It's why colonial powers drew borders that would make these countries unstable.

Once the colonial powers pulled out, the minority groups had to rely on terrorizing the majority groups, Sunnis in Syria and Shiites in Iraq to keep them subdued.

Plenty of blame to go around.
    it's always cute when Europeans try to "call us out"

Europe, more than almost any other group of countries, has blood on their hands for shit they've done over the centuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Who do you think created Israel?
    The UN, which is an international body, not a European one.

Britain could not get the Jews and Palestinians to stop fighting or agree on anything, so gave it to the UN to deal with.

My "ilk"? You don't know me.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    America, UK, Australia etc need to take in way more refugees. That is doing their part.
    The US has taken in more than Canada.

The UK is full up.

Australia does not give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    My "ilk"? You don't know me.

I think you're pretty cool Trade, that's why I have you on my steam friends list lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The US has taken in more than Canada.

The UK is full up.

Australia does not give a toss.
    They have taken more Syrian refugees than Canada? Not true at all. Not according to figures I've seen.

Indeed, but blaming us for the lack of political backbone that's in Germany today isn't our fault, its the fault of your own voting base.
    With all due respect, I think you are talking about a reality you have not experienced. From entertainment media to school books and materials, there were was a concious and deliberate effort to dissuade us from any form of celebrating our nationality or national identity. Well, except when it was time for soccer.
    I think in light of Germanys past it was reasonable to take steps, but these influences still carry on today.

You dont have to take my word for it and I am not an expert on this topic. There are smarter, more educated people who noticed this. The people who made sure another nazi Germany wouldnt rise again couldnt forsee this migration crisis and thus I see no reason to lay blame on them. But non the less, they too created the situation as it presents itself today. And let me repeat myself in the words of your ancestors: That situation is FUBAR.

Dont get me wrong. I dont bemoan the lack of organisations that revel in nationalistic pride. I have no love for nationalism. But at the same time there is hardly anyone around who is capable of differentiating between nationalism and patriotism. You have to fear for your job, your future, your health if you publically express a desire for a stronger national-cultural identity or expression thereof.

I think we both have to concede to the other party that we come from different parts of the world. Thus how the reality, past and present presents itself to us (or has been presented to us) is very diffrent. Thanks for the talk anyways.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2016-07-13 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have taken more Syrian refugees than Canada? Not true at all. Not according to figures I've seen.
    According to the UNHCR they have, who are reliable. So you need to withdraw your claim about the US and send them a sorry note.

Refugees, not just Syrians.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why should I care about those stats? Canada is thousands of miles from the conflict zones. Hahaha Malta?? Look how close it is.
    Air...wait for it... planes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Air...wait for it... planes.
    Much more expensive than having refugees show up at your border. Not even comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much more expensive than having refugees show up at your border. Not even comparable.
    I am sure we would be willing to fly them over to you at a discounted rate. You should lobby Trudeau for it, you could even put up a petition on here, I am sure Endus will be fine with that.

I have had a change of heart on this issue and now agree with Tenn that we should help as many of these people as we can by taking them in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07..._10933532.html

I hope some good can come from this. Canada is doing its part and it's time for other countries to step it up and follow suit.
    I love how Canadians are concerned as to why the speed of refugee resettlement is so slow! I agree! Speed it up!
    The proper response:

a) Stop funding the rebels in Syria.
    b) Stop funding ISIS through proxy organizations.
    c) Pull out of the Middle East.
    d) Refuse to accept any refugees.
    e) Deport the refugees that are already here.
    f) Tell the multicultural fanatics and globalists to bugger off.

The end.