Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07..._10933532.html

I hope some good can come from this. Canada is doing its part and it's time for other countries to step it up and follow suit.
    I love how Canadians are concerned as to why the speed of refugee resettlement is so slow! I agree! Speed it up!
    lol we aren't letting them into the US.

I'd be willing to accept women refugees to save them from literal sex slavery, but not the men. Absolutely not the men.

Came to see if it was a Tennisace thread; was not disappointed.

Spreading terrorists around the world, not a smart idea on any nations part.

let them stay in Syria and fight for their land, like others do. no one owes them anything, but it will cost everyone dearly. You'll see the trouble they will cause.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Huffingtonpost
    2. Tennis ball
    3. The halal hippie has a Muslim name

Everything is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the fact that Canada is way further away than the countries taking more in, which increases costs exponentially.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    lol we aren't letting them into the US.

I'd be willing to accept women refugees to save them from literal sex slavery, but not the men. Absolutely not the men.
    Cause only men can be terrorists!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Canada is 26 for total number of refugees. With the majority of countries ahead of us being countries much larger in population. And higher than countries like Sweden, Norway and Italy which are much, much closer to the current Syrian refugee crisis than Canada is.

For per-capita Canada is 41. It's easy for a country like Malta to look good on a per-capita basis when you only have a population of 445,426.

Either way 26 and 41 out of the 180 countries listed on the wikipedia is pretty much "pulling our weight".
    Canada is one of the ten wealthiest nations in the world, far poorer nations are helping far more and not boasting about it.

Canada should not be blowing its own trumpet until it is in at least the top ten in both per capita and volume.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Canada has an imminent refugee crisis of our own brewing on our side of the world - if Trump wins we're anticipating millions of displaced liberal-Americans trying to sneak across our borders, to escape persecution.
    Except no, in modern times liberals are the main ones who seek to silence others and chase off those who disagree.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-12 at 06:51 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Canada is one of the ten wealthiest nations in the world, far poorer nations are helping far more and not boasting about it.

Canada should not be blowing its own trumpet until it is in at least the top ten in both per capita and volume.
    A news article, from a Canadian news site, should not report on news that involves in Canada and, her closest ally, the US? Even Tennisace's comment in the OP wasn't tooting Canada's horn.

I hope some good can come from this.
    So he hopes some good can come out of a Canadian and American collaboration.

Canada is doing its part
    41/180 is pretty damn good especially since the current refugee crisis is over 9000km away.

and it's time for other countries to step it up and follow suit.
    Far richer countries than Canada are lower on a per-capita basis (Germany, US, UK, France) as of mid 2015.

I love how Canadians are concerned as to why the speed of refugee resettlement is so slow! I agree! Speed it up!
    As the article states, Canadians are concerned about speed.

So I really don't get why you're so upset over such a non-issue nor do I see trumpet blowing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Except no, in modern times liberals are the main ones who seek to silence others and chase off those with different views.
    "Liberals" are trying to silence ignorance not different views or opinions but people that ignore facts and keep spouting lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "Liberals" are trying to silence ignorance not different views or opinions but people that ignore facts and keep spouting lies.
    Why do you need to silence it if you have a superior arguments and statistical facts?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need to silence it if you have a superior argument and facts?
    Arguments and facts don't mean shit. Fear mongering, political "donations", is how most governmental policy is formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07..._10933532.html

I hope some good can come from this. Canada is doing its part and it's time for other countries to step it up and follow suit.
    If I was a terrorist looking for an easy way into the US undetected, Canada would be a great option.

10+ Year Old Account
    A news article, from a Canadian news site, should not report on news that involves in Canada and, her closest ally, the US? Even Tennisace's comment in the OP wasn't tooting Canada's horn.

So he hopes some good can come out of a Canadian and American collaboration.

41/180 is pretty damn good especially since the current refugee crisis is over 9000km away.

Far richer countries than Canada are lower on a per-capita basis (Germany, US, UK, France) as of mid 2015.

As the article states, Canadians are concerned about speed.

So I really don't get why you're so upset over such a non-issue nor do I see trumpet blowing.
    I am not upset, I am just pointing out that Canada is not doing anything special, yet we get these shitty threads whenever the OP is off their ban.

Nobody else is boasting - and this is certainly boasting - about what their country is doing, nor I imagine would anybody boast about being 26th/41st in the world in anything.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am not upset, I am just pointing out that Canada is not doing anything special, yet we get these shitty threads whenever the OP is off their ban.

Nobody else is boasting - and this is certainly boasting - about what their country is doing, nor I imagine would anybody boast about being 26th/41st in the world in anything.
    How is any of this boasting? "Doing it's part"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, what countries are on the places 1 to 40?

I would like to see a source for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you need to silence it if you have a superior arguments and statistical facts?
    What is it good that they keep spouting lies and spread ignorance?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

canadians can keep their regressive ideals to their self.

i wouldn't accept even one if it were up to me, but at least only accept women with children and only the woman and her child, nobody else.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, what countries are on the places 1 to 40?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gee_population

10+ Year Old Account
    How is any of this boasting? "Doing it's part"?
    How is "...it's time for other countries to step it up and follow suit" not a boast? You realise that we can read the OP as well? That is clearly stating that others should follow the example set by Canada, presumably to all fight for 41st place.

- - - Updated - - -

It was true in mid-2015, just before the massive spike of refugees into Europe, so it is oudated for places like Germany.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is it good that they keep spouting lies and spread ignorance?
    Because truth and logic are always good. For example, is Tennisace making these pro-mass refugee statements based on facts or based on feelings and emotions? Instead of saying we need more refugees, he should instead provide statistics showing that they are going to be good for the economy and how they will quickly assimilate to Western values, such as those relating to secularism, gays, women, and apostates.