Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please give us the choice to disable the delete prompt when deleting rare/epic items

It's a relic of days past when rare items were actually rare and epic items were actually epic.

With the abundance of both quality items these days, we should have the option to disable this annoying message.

It's especially been annoying this expansion, having to delete all of your Left Sharks and shit that you don't need.

It's especially annoying when you've just gotten the error message saying you can't use the item. Either you're 3/3 on that particular pet, or you already have the toy in your toybox... So you go to delete it, but then they make you type out the name to do that! lol

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I support this simply because of.....left shark.....
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    atleast make items sell for 1copper
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like the option. Default off + automated item restore feature nowadays. No issues. ...but I suspect this would cost many raid tiers.

I would assume that there's a macro command that can disable the prompt. I have something similar for disenchanting.

Deleted
    I'd rather be able to switch off the quest acceptance and (particularly) the quest completion sound effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Agreed. A better thing to do (imo) would be to have EVERYTHING have costs for vendors. I don't a good reason against this.

It isn't really a issue in legion unlike WoD

Also;

#showtooltip Delete
    /run DeleteCursorItem();
    /run print("Item Deleted")

Works for me, just pick the item up in your bag and hit the macro... poof and it's gone.

They will not give this option by default. THe amount of mistakes made deleting items has been high enough that they had to spend developer time to make the self-restore item service on the website, so their GMs didn't have to do so many of those tickets and work on more dire/unavoidable issues.
    They're not going to give the playerbase help to shoot themselves in the foot more than they already do.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    I don't care what gender you are, but a big kiss for you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    This would be my preferred option. I am so fed up with having to type delete to get rid of all the useless garrison crap.

Yeah, that prompt made more sense in older versions of WoW, when it hurt a lot more if you accidentally deleted something. Back in the day, item restoration required you to open a GM ticket, and even then, you only had a small number of item restorations they'd allow you to do. It's much easier to restore stuff these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I don't care what gender you are, but a big kiss for you lol

This addon is the same but it's only one line of code so it's super light.

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/del...mconfirmhelper

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    It's especially annoying when you've just gotten the error message saying you can't use the item. Either you're 3/3 on that particular pet, or you already have the toy in your toybox... So you go to delete it, but then they make you type out the name to do that! lol
    This is the worst. At that point just make them vendor-able for 1g or something negligible.

I think there could be an option in settings, sometimes its nice to have that backup. But with older gear not so much. Maybe scale by iLvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have that I can vendor all, than having to drag and delete.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Type "delete"
    Ctrl-a
    Ctrl-c
    now you can paste it with ctrl-v in a flash