Patch 7.3: The jump from 780 (fresh 110) to 840 (Dauntless gear?)

I've been reading the WoWhead guide on the new token gear, and how one of the Nethershard vendors (the guy with the 880 gear) is moving to Argus and taking new currencies.

But how about the other vendor, the one with the toys and Dauntless gear?

My alts are finishing up questing at 780-ish. I'd want to be at least 850 before going into Argus (I'll have to try it as DPS on my main, 895). I'd prefer a jump (like three of my characters have already received via invasions), rather than the long slog of WQ my main had (back at launch; I do minimal dungeons and LFR).

So will I still have that catch-up mechanism?

The Dauntless gear vendor will stay on The Broken Shore, and personally I'd recommend doing Timewalking instead of Broken Shore to gear up quickly as a fresh 110, I got heroic-ready easily in a couple runs while it would take multiple invasions or hours of brainless Sentinax farming to get full Dauntless gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khasim92 View Post
    The Dauntless gear vendor will stay on The Broken Shore, and personally I'd recommend doing Timewalking instead of Broken Shore to gear up quickly as a fresh 110, I got heroic-ready easily in a couple runs while it would take multiple invasions or hours of brainless Sentinax farming to get full Dauntless gear.
    It takes 2 invasions to get full 850 gear...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    850 Dauntless gear remains for nethershards.

Dungeon itemlevel will be upgraded:
    - 845 Normal
    - 865 Heroic
    - 885 Mythic

- 880 Timewalking

- 875-880 WQ

- 880 BoA gear for new currency

- 910 BoP gear+relics for new currency

- Crafted gear still upgradeable to 900, with also primal obliterum up to 935.

Combined with much higher AK rates, and no need to unlock 3rd relic or new AP talents(concordance refund quest), alts will have an easy time.

Obviously there's still 885-895 LFR, and upgradeable crafted gear. And a new pvp season.

Few months later 7.3.5 will once again raise the raid itemlevel by 30, along with legendaries, and M+.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-16 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just start doing the legionfall campaign

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    Just start doing the legionfall campaign
    I intend to. :-) The outdoor resurrection (Broken Isles only) is worth it. I also plan on getting exalted (but not bothering with paragon) with all factions on my alts. I'll probably only do enough dungeons to finish order hall campaigns (and Legionfall, for class mounts; also class transmog gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    It takes 2 invasions to get full 850 gear...
    One invasion is enough to get you enough 850+ gear to get by, too.

If you want to have the gear right in your bags when you ding 110 you get some friends of the same armor class as you tagging along in normal dungeons (better yet timewalking) while you level. Only your own drops will be scaled down, your friends drops will be max level and can be traded.