Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    No side effect? Umm, the side effect is you have ruined the card, or the fans on the card, because it was working overtime running at settings it was not really meant to. Seriously, it's an R7, meaning NOT A CARD FOR GAMING. Running it at those settings was torturing it. You torture something and it may run fine for a little while, but it's gonna break down.

Also, I am kinda confused, because you say it started doing this over the past 2-3 months then say it's brand new? Which is it? A few months old or brand new?
    I had the card switched with a new, same model, but it started the noise as soon as updated, wasn't even 'pushed' like the previous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...%2010%20-%2064

i'd suggest you download the 15.12 version. before installing> http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/dow...0v16.0.0.4.exe
    first deinstall all amd software in windows then run this program as admin > reboot to safemode and clear all files. after that install the old drivers.

are you running hybrid graphics with the APU?
    I'll try and look in to that. I'm running a dual setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    30-50c is a big difference. is it 30 idle and 50 under load?
    Yeah, took a look at your comment.. Running it with sub-par use.

World of Warcraft: AFK in Garrison (on medium settings).
    Browser open with 7 non-graphical tabs.

And I'm now at 63-68c with what it claims to be 54-58% fan speed, and it sounds like a drill..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, took a look at your comment.. Running it with sub-par use.

World of Warcraft: AFK in Garrison (on medium settings).
    Browser open with 7 non-graphical tabs.

And I'm now at 63-68c with what it claims to be 54-58% fan speed, and it sounds like a drill..
    This is a R7 240 right? That's an old card. The fan bearings are probably going bad, making large amount of noise. I've since found a good way of dealing with this, but taking apart the fan and putting lithium grease where the bearings are. The thick stuff usually used for auto's. Just don't lose the parts, cause the C clip they use can fly off when trying to pry it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This is a R7 240 right? That's an old card. The fan bearings are probably going bad, making large amount of noise. I've since found a good way of dealing with this, but taking apart the fan and putting lithium grease where the bearings are. The thick stuff usually used for auto's. Just don't lose the parts, cause the C clip they use can fly off when trying to pry it out.
    Well the old card already got replaced with a hopefully new one, so the age should have no bearing anymore unless is was a refurbished one, and even then having the exact smae problem on 2 different cards points imho more to a driver problem. The only thing I can suggest is get a slightly older driver from AMD since it did not seem to happen until recently.