Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Wait?! what when and how? I havent heard of any nerfs please specifiy.
    His spread doesn't instantly close after letting go of the button. It now decays over time, so you can't just tap burst and have pinpoint accuracy. Hence him not being a counter to pharah anymore.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So what did they do to Zen? Competetive teams are saying to take him on ptr or else you get a massive damage loss, and his healing stuff is a bonus. Does he do more damage or is it just the headshot bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So what did they do to Zen? Competetive teams are saying to take him on ptr or else you get a massive damage loss, and his healing stuff is a bonus. Does he do more damage or is it just the headshot bonus?
    They increased his shield by 50 and increased the speed of his e / lshift.

http://www.overpwn.com/
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Slight nerf to the speed he gets ult charge
    The nerf he was refering too was his spread decrease "fix" though. It doesn't instantly reset back to 0-spread.

[quote]So what did they do to Zen? Competetive teams are saying to take him on ptr or else you get a massive damage loss, and his healing stuff is a bonus. Does he do more damage or is it just the headshot bonus?

Zen has one of the strongest skillsets in the game on live, they fixed his survivability issue without nerfing anything to compensate for that, which makes him a "must have" pick.

His Discord Orb is pretty OP after all and his heal was very reliable too. I mean, he's basically a damage-boost mercy for every single member of the team, himself included.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-13 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The nerf he was refering too was his spread decrease "fix" though. It doesn't instantly reset back to 0-spread.
    Oh yeah, I didn't see that. My mistake

Deleted
    Yes but you have to spend 2 players to do what 1 use to do alone, and if Mercy is focusing on you she isn't healing her team. It requires a highly skilled pin point non-scoped accuracy to make this work, and I am fine with that so long as it takes 2 players to make that kind of devastation work. It's not a one man murder machine like it use to be.

The other day I was at the gas station as 76 on the second floor near the street sign in the back and a mercy was powering me up and I pretty much held the entire pass from the safety of long range while watching the two doors in the cliff, the sky, top of gas station and the road with the payload, then toss on his ult and it made a much scarier combo than McCree would of made as I have long pin point ranged attack, self-heal, aoe blast and half a clip would kill anyone with the mercy boost.
    Yes it does take 2 people to achieve the result but the results are far greater than the costs given that you can dominate entire teams with it. And the pin point accuracy is not needed to extreme values, avarage aim and a bit of practice will cut it just fine.
    Anything that is so devastating and that is not an ultimate it's not a good thing for the game in my opinion. We will see how it will end up. Fun fact is that without the boost Mccree is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

His Discord Orb is pretty OP after all and his heal was very reliable too. I mean, he's basically a damage-boost mercy for every single member of the team, himself included.
    I'd say yes and no to that. Discord Orb needs people to focused fire on the target discorded, coordination (easily achieved in premade teams, not so easy for solo queue I suppose). Mercy boost just allows the boosted hero to shoot wherever it's best for him with no coordination required.

I am just a bit puzzled why they wanted to somewhat replicate the role of Discord Orb into Mercy's boost. I mean her and Zenyatta serve different purpouses while being both supports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played a bit him on PTR and he does seem a bit too powerful, especially if you can aim for headshots.

*Played without Mercy.

Deleted
    I'd say yes and no to that. Discord Orb needs people to focused fire on the target discorded, coordination (easily achieved in premade teams, not so easy for solo queue I suppose). Mercy boost just allows the boosted hero to shoot wherever it's best for him with no coordination required.

I am just a bit puzzled why they wanted to somewhat replicate the role of Discord Orb into Mercy's boost. I mean her and Zenyatta serve different purpouses while being both supports.
    Let's be honest here, Discord orb is not really difficult to place in such a way that at least 2 players benefit (+ yourself) from it.
    I wish non Zenyatta players would actually see the Orb symbol too, but even without it, your generic Payload map is constructed in such a way that you get a frontline where you can put it on targets whenever they peek.

Deleted
    His right click 'fan the hammer' went from 70 dmg to 45, because he was totaling tanks by stunning, fan, roll, fan and dead before the stun wore off. He was designed to counter tracer, not crush tanks like tin cans.
    Doesn't really work anymore tho. Because of the lower damage you need to hit more bullets than you previously had to. The problem now is that when you stun a tracer and fan the hammer (use peacemaker) she will be able to use recall before you have hit her with enough bullets, making it pretty useless to go against tracers when they are on full health

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Doesn't really work anymore tho. Because of the lower damage you need to hit more bullets than you previously had to. The problem now is that when you stun a tracer and fan the hammer (use peacemaker) she will be able to use recall before you have hit her with enough bullets, making it pretty useless to go against tracers when they are on full health
    You just headshot her instead. Cant rewind from that lol. The changes are fine, hes just an alternative to soldier 76 now. You stick by the reindhart and mercy and fire on the pharahs and others as they come, while the flanker do their shit.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-13 at 07:42 PM.

There is nothing more hilarious than Anna sleeping a target and McCree walking up and placing a bullet in the sleepers brain pan for an insta-kill. :P

Deleted
    Let's be honest here, Discord orb is not really difficult to place in such a way that at least 2 players benefit (+ yourself) from it.
    I wish non Zenyatta players would actually see the Orb symbol too, but even without it, your generic Payload map is constructed in such a way that you get a frontline where you can put it on targets whenever they peek.
    Yeah I definately agree to that. That's Zenyatta area of expertise though (which is why you actually want a Zenyatta in the first place), which is why I don't get the need to have Mercy doing a similar thing. Both supports but different area of competence in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You just headshot her instead. Cant rewind from that lol. The changes are fine, hes just an alternative to soldier 76 now. You stick by the reindhart and mercy and fire on the pharahs and others as they come, while the flanker do their shit.
    The problem is that everyone thinks their dps is a flanker and no one stands behind the shield except for the healer and if you do get someone who does they are never ready for when the shield fails and get wiped out. Lots of cracks=gtfo!

The problem is that everyone thinks their dps is a flanker and no one stands behind the shield except for the healer and if you do get someone who does they are never ready for when the shield fails and get wiped out. Lots of cracks=gtfo!
    That just means they fail at soldier 76 too then. Hell they both have protective support against flankers for healers and tanks. McCree has a stun and Soldier has a team heal. Also the ULT nerf for soldier is not really a nerf, same for roadhog. Its because now self heal gives you ult timer. So yeah if they didnt want to have roadhog with a ult every 20 seconds, something had to be done. Same for soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    To be fair, try Soldier76 with the 50% boost, its ridiculous. I think it should be toned down, its a bit too extreme now. Mercy was already #1 healer in competitive everytime we limit the 1 hero per team. Which is what blizzard is making the standard rule now. If her amp up is that strong, lucio will only see play in KOTH
    The 1 hero per team just means you can't have 2 Mercy. You can still run a Mercy and Lucio.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    The 1 hero per team just means you can't have 2 Mercy. You can still run a Mercy and Lucio.
    Yeah but we already did that in tournaments. What really happens is that Mercy is the go to hero for Payload, assault, hybrid and lucio is KOTH. I have no idea why they buffed mercy honestly. She does not need help. Lucio is better stacking healer for sure. Im thinking zen orb and mercy beam stack, so yeah if zen is survivable enough we might see some mercy with a zen in your back pocket. Just boost the soldier/mccree damage, see shit die. I really dont like Mercy buff, she was perfect in my book.

15+ Year Old Account
    私はhighnoonに*る

10+ Year Old Account
    He has to land headshots to be scary again. Working as intended imo

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    With a pocket Mercy boost he is exactly back to that point. And the higher the player skills, the most devastating it becomes obviously.
    I'd say that if people didn't like the FB+FtH old combo Mccree, they will not like the Mercy + Left click Mccree either. It is just too impactfull on a game.
    A pocket Mercy on Pharah isn't strong? A pocket Mercy on S76, Junkrat... Shall I continue
    Lets not make out like the only hero to benefit from a damage boost is McCree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roadhog does more damage than McCree now and has 3X more HP and a self heal...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama