Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Alton was a big dude, it's not as easy as you think to subdue someone when they don't Want to comply.
    That's a bullshit excuse. I was pulled over by around a 5 foot woman, while I'm 6'8... I didn't get shot, nor did I ever feel like I was in danger of getting shot. Don't slander good cops by pretending fuck up are just how cops are. I have had nothing, but positive altercations with police and it's annoying that those cops get slandered in defense of bad cops. The vast majority of cops do not have issues subduing large men. This was a fuck up, not how most cops operate.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Because the guy was a multiple time violent felon with a history of confrontations with the police.
    You realize the police didn't even know who he was, right? You say it after the fact like it was common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That's a bullshit excuse. I was pulled over by around a 5 foot woman, while I'm 6'8... I didn't get shot, nor did I ever feel like I was in danger of getting shot. Don't slander good cops by pretending fuck up are just how cops are. I have had nothing, but positive altercations with police and it's annoying that those cops get slandered in defense of bad cops. The vast majority of cops do not have issues subduing large men. This was a fuck up, not how most cops operate.
    Correct they could've just taken his gun from him and ended it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the guy was a multiple time violent felon with a history of confrontations with the police.
    Your suggestion that he was shot as retribution for previous indiscretions only works if our police uses Punisher's war journal as a guide book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Correct they could've just taken his gun from him and ended it at that.
    I was actually arrested and the cops at the station were a blast. If you remove the reason I was there, I'd hang out with those cops at a heart beat.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    There's only so much one person can do, and if they feel like (or are) being crushed by the current system is it really a surprise when crime and violence occur?
    Not to mention that once you've been incarcerated (possibly for something as innocuous as dealing marijuana) it becomes very hard to get good employment. Plus, once you're in prison, you're exposed to a lot more hardcore criminals, so recidivism tends to be high, even when the person was originally arrested for something relatively innocuous.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Your suggestion that he was shot as retribution for previous indiscretions only works if our police uses Punisher's war journal as a guide book.
    What I'm suggesting in my response to the other dudes post is that given his prior violent history, it's not unlikely that he was violently resisting arrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    You realize the police didn't even know who he was, right? You say it after the fact like it was common knowledge.
    Indeed that may be true, however keep in mind that the reason the police were called out to begin with is Because he was threaten people with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why should we believe the cop?
    Why shouldn't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why shouldn't we?
    Because they just killed someone and have every motivation to claim self defense.

I mean why shouldn't the police believe people who claim they didn't murder someone? People lie all the time when they're potentially facing charges.

Why shouldn't we?
    I guess because people rather see him in angola for 10 years for violating his probation again than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not to mention that once you've been incarcerated (possibly for something as innocuous as dealing marijuana) it becomes very hard to get good employment. Plus, once you're in prison, you're exposed to a lot more hardcore criminals, so recidivism tends to be high, even when the person was originally arrested for something relatively innocuous.
    Society is to blame for 90% of the recidivism of criminals. When ex-cons can't get a good job or a decent place to live, because of their record, how are they supposed to live? It's a shame the public is so morally bankrupt, that they cannot see that no judge sentenced a criminal to a life of poverty and unsafe living conditions. They were found guilty, given a specific sentence, and then eventually released. As a society, it's shameful we don't forgive people for making a mistake; a mistake they went to prison over already.

ITT: The cop shoulda just shot the gun out of his hand, then shot him in the foot then tackle & subdue him like Chuck Norris. WTF is wrong with cops these days??
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I guess because people rather see him in angola for 10 years for violating his probation again than dead.
    What that does that have to do with what I asked? The OP I replied to asked why we should trust the cop. I asked why we shouldn't. I don't get what you are on about with Angola.

Society is to blame for 90% of the recidivism of criminals. When ex-cons can't get a good job or a decent place to live, because of their record, how are they supposed to live? It's a shame the public is so morally bankrupt, that they cannot see that no judge sentenced a criminal to a life of poverty and unsafe living conditions. They were found guilty, given a specific sentence, and then eventually released. As a society, it's shameful we don't forgive people for making a mistake; a mistake they went to prison over already.
    That is mostly that the system doesn't really exist for providing many opportunities and support for people when they get out of prison. All they give a shit about is if you have an address as the requirement to putting you back out on the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm suggesting in my response to the other dudes post is that given his prior violent history, it's not unlikely that he was violently resisting arrest.
    How is saying he had altercations with other cops, without getting shot, justify the shooting in this case? He was never violent enouph to get shot and to assert based on available video he was more violent, should put the fact that he was violent before into question. Did those cameras break as well?

What that does that have to do with what I asked? The OP I replied to asked why we should trust the cop. I asked why we shouldn't. I don't get what you are on about with Angola.
    It has everything to do with it when you have people that wanted a different outcome than the one they were given. Yeah too bad boo hoo but the people angry wanted him alive right now.

Indeed that may be true, however keep in mind that the reason the police were called out to begin with is Because he was threaten people with a gun
    I don't think I'll ever understand the US. Everyone there seems to covet the 2nd amendment more than life itself, then they're surprised when someone has a gun, then they calls the cops, then the cops shoot the guy for having a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is mostly that the system doesn't really exist for providing many opportunities and support for people when they get out of prison. All they give a shit about is if you have an address as the requirement to putting you back out on the street.
    In some places they have things like halfway houses. Still doesn't help people get proper jobs sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    ITT: The cop shoulda just shot the gun out of his hand, then shot him in the foot then tackle & subdue him like Chuck Norris. WTF is wrong with cops these days??
    He never had the gun in hand. The assertion is that he wasn't reaching for requested license and registration, but for a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    In some places they have things like halfway houses. Still doesn't help people get proper jobs sometimes.
    Like I said you get no support.

That still doesn't explain how it's just a black problem. Overall they kill more whites. They kill mexicans, asians, pets, and whatever the fuck else they want. It seems like segregation to me when I see this.
    It is a disproportionately black problem even when you adjust for crime rates.

- - - Updated - - -

So they should take a chance when he's reaching for a gun
    The video I saw I don't see how that's possible. One officer was kneeling on his left hand and another had his right in a vice grip.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.