Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pre-patch and Expansion Launch, How Do You Prepare?

So, with pre-patch just around the corner, and the launch just a little over a month away what all do you guys do to get ready for them? Irl and in-game.

Personally before the pre-patch launches I park my characters somewhere that makes sense for them to be. So my Monk is now "training" at Serenity Peak, and my Warlock is hanging out in the Slaughtered Lamb in SW with the other Warlocks, so on and so forth. I empty my character's banks and bags, do some reorganizing and sell anything I can on the AH a couple weeks ahead of the pre-patch.

I always take a week off of work for the expansion, I always set my schedule to have the pre-patch launch off too. Launch day is always a night of no sleep for me with at least 3 cups of coffee. Normally cook two dinners a day before and stick it in the fridge. Lastly, I always take a long hike the day before launch, something to really challenge myself so I don't feel guilty sitting for the next two days.

What all do you guys do?

by rolling a dh

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    completing quests and not turning them in e.g. dungeon quests
    empty my bags
    sell everything WoD related
    getting that water walking mount!
    doing my garrison gold missions as much as I can

Taking 3 days of AL on WTF which takes me into the weekend!

I'm currently planning on getting my skinner to 700.

Since I'm not joining Legion until at least Christmas, I'll spend that time getting the last two Stables mounts, making Hexweave Bags for my alts, crafting all the WoD transoggable gear (including those 570-610 stuff from the missions), maybe going back and getting the crafted gear from Mists. (I boosted my crafting alts, so I don't have Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, or Cata recipes.)

Maybe learn how to do the old raids (up to Cata, even with the nerfs), so I can go after the drops.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might not want to have any active garrison/fleet missions come the evening of the patch. Copied characters right now are having all missions even those with a 100% success rate fail. Fleet missions result in ships sinking. Could be a bug/intended because of the change/nerf to the mint...errr garrisons. Just a precaution if you don't want to lose ships.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch i’ll be coming to terms with Death Strike being runic power, and having 6 “death” runes all the time, and just generally learning the optimal way to tank on my blood dk.

On the launch itself, i’ll be stocking up on my usual launch-night fare of 2, 5 hour energy shots, about a pound of beef jerky, and pints and pints of water.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Maybe do invasions... if they give anything I want otherwise not log onto the game until legion and then go hard the day legion comes out. Gonna get to 110 and do all WQ, Suramar shit and class hall shit and level 2nd chars to 110 and sleep then do all daily shit on both and spam heroics on main and do mythics 2nd day or something like that.

Idk buy like some microwave food and fill water bottles up or something meh... I go hard on each D3 season with nothing and play 30+ hours a day for a week or more. Shit is just normal.

I don't really feel like there is anything to do. I'm absolutely sick of Draenor which could be 100% better if only someone would not remove people from WoW just to transfer them somewhere else (because this have to be reason behind having only 2 raid tiers right?). Oh and prepatch event looks kinda boring, but I cannot wait to play DH

And about expansion launch ... I will probably play on first day until I will not be able to see anymore, after that ... will see. (I don't really have to prepare for that kind of stuff - I would only take a nap - if I would be able to close eyes knowing that expansion launch is near).
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-07-13 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finishing off my transmog stuff and getting achievements that I can get while there are still people around to help, well that are willing to help.

Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    by raging over the constant nerf to fury warriors

15+ Year Old Account
    Found a new guild so I am transferring to their server. Pre patch I doubt I'll do anything out of the ordinary because it's not new content, but launch I am gonna buy some snacks and stay up late.

7+ Year Old Account
    -Getting skinning and mining up high enough for world quests (skinning so I can have mats for LW and mining because the shaman class campaign requires the slow gathering of the mining world quest and I'd like to be done asap)
    -Finishing legendary rings on 2 more alts and getting the 715 ring on 3 for future timewalkers
    -Questing in Vash to the point of earning the seahorse mount, since resto shamans have to go through Vash for our artifact questline.
    -Cleaning out all my toons banks and bags (salvage crates after pre-patch)

Once all that is done, take a break for a couple weeks leading up to Legion launch so it's less burny for the quick leveling push.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    -Getting skinning and mining up high enough for world quests (skinning so I can have mats for LW and mining because the shaman class campaign requires the slow gathering of the mining world quest and I'd like to be done asap)
    -Finishing legendary rings on 2 more alts and getting the 715 ring on 3 for future timewalkers
    -Questing in Vash to the point of earning the seahorse mount, since resto shamans have to go through Vash for our artifact questline.
    -Cleaning out all my toons banks and bags (salvage crates after pre-patch)

Once all that is done, take a break for a couple weeks leading up to Legion launch so it's less burny for the quick leveling push.
    Don't sweat the leveling burn out too much. I got to 105 on the beta within 6 or so hours, and that's considering all the time I took running around the zones looking for stashed away artifact power, testing different builds on dummies, and playing with professions. The leveling experience is quick this time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Don't sweat the leveling burn out too much. I got to 105 on the beta within 6 or so hours, and that's considering all the time I took running around the zones looking for stashed away artifact power, testing different builds on dummies, and playing with professions. The leveling experience is quick this time around.
    Oh, sorry, I realize I worded it a little weird. I know leveling doesn't take long I just don't want to feel like I want to take a break shortly after hitting 110. I want to play a lot the first few weeks to prepare for raiding.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I plant at least one alt on each continent, so I can partake in guild chat even if a particular continent breaks.

It's not worth trying to play on the launch night, and not worth trying to level during launch week. Best to go do something that won't be hurt from having competition--such as instance transmog farming, unless of course that server breaks too.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I just remembered tonight:

Milling all those herbs, and turning them into Warbinder Inks, then converting them into the 10 old-world inks needed for the old-world glyphs.

I may not be able to get the new Legion glyphs for awhile (my scribe alt is a "crafting mule"...), but I can give my alts, my wife's alts, and the alts of my guildies, as many glyphs as possible before I run out of the inks.

Right now, I'm looking at 120-ish glyphs for each old-world ink, and that's BEFORE opening all those salvage crates.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Oh, sorry, I realize I worded it a little weird. I know leveling doesn't take long I just don't want to feel like I want to take a break shortly after hitting 110. I want to play a lot the first few weeks to prepare for raiding.
    Oh! I totally understand what you mean. I intentionally haven't touched any kind of MMO for the last 6 months or so. Been either working overtime at work, or been playing some games like Witcher 3, Overwatch, and whatever I haven't actually played in my steam library. The exception being 6 hours on the beta which I did just to help me get excited for the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hoarding a bit of Salvage crates for mogs, I'm around 900 (I consider that more than enough).
    Hoarding Sorcerous whatever and Primal Spirits, as well as all the dailyCD/work order SB materials. Simple reason - after pre-patch I'll craft (followed by equip to unlock) appearances of all WoD crafted items at stage 1 and 2 (maybe more if I have enough materials)

When it comes to launch itself, no preparation. I don't care about the midnight launch at all.

After prepatch and unlocking mogs, great cleaning of all banks and void storage.

Deleted
    Clearing banks / bags.
    Farming anything I've left out (toys, should be at around 270 when the prepatch is live, if not more)
    Watching my achievement point counter go below 25k
    Invasion farming (Demon ones) when they are active for the pets, gonna stock up on them as you can "apparently" cage them, so some nice gold coming :>
    and generally going to get used to playing with 5 spells.

Oh and transmog hunting.
    Fun.