Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Oh gawd. That sounds like the most miserable healing set up ever in HFC lol. I couldn't handle it when there was more than 1 disc in the raid, even with a full 30 person.
    It did hurt HPS, and pre-shielding was awkward but on a casual level it was OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    It did hurt HPS, and pre-shielding was awkward but on a casual level it was OK.
    Oh yeah, I mean Ik it works, it would just be so frustrating to me to go to shield someone only I cant cause he just got shielded by someone else.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Oh yeah, I mean Ik it works, it would just be so frustrating to me to go to shield someone only I cant cause he just got shielded by someone else.
    My 11/13M group used 2 discs - we each took 2 groups including one tank. It wasn't great but it worked, partly because of how powerful Disc is in WoD.

Since we were each assigned 10 players to heal, it was similar to a single Disc priest healing a 10-person heroic HFC raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Since we were each assigned 10 players to heal, it was similar to a single Disc priest healing a 10-person heroic HFC raid.
    We probably should have done that, too.

I couldn't find it, maybe it is me that's stupid. Have happened before. But does anyone know the range of the PtW spread from penance?

Also, thanks for the guide and for replying to questions and discussions TotalTotemic. I am sure you help a lot of more people than you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spungebobby View Post
    But does anyone know the range of the PtW spread from penance?
    The range is such that when you are at your Garrison dummies, it will spread from the right dummy to the left one, but will not spread from the left dummy to the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    The range is such that when you are at your Garrison dummies, it will spread from the right dummy to the left one, but will not spread from the left dummy to the right one.
    It doesn't spread from the left to the right one because the right one doesn't keep in combat with you while the left one does because it is a tank dummy and tries to hit you. PtW won't spread to targets you aren't in combat with.

Anyway the range is 15 yards. It will go to the closest target that doesn't have PtW, and if all targets in range have PtW it will instead go to the one with the shortest duration left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It doesn't spread from the left to the right one because the right one doesn't keep in combat with you while the left one does because it is a tank dummy and tries to hit you. PtW won't spread to targets you aren't in combat with.

Anyway the range is 15 yards. It will go to the closest target that doesn't have PtW, and if all targets in range have PtW it will instead go to the one with the shortest duration left.
    That's such a disappointing explanation.

Yeah the DoT spread is very intelligent, it seems. Also, when I tab through targets, it seems like it selects every other target before selecting the one that has a DoT on it so I'm not sure what is with that.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah the DoT spread is very intelligent, it seems. Also, when I tab through targets, it seems like it selects every other target before selecting the one that has a DoT on it so I'm not sure what is with that.
    Tab targeting cycles through all the targets in your PoV. So if you start on the first target that has the dot on it, tabbing just cycles through the other guys there before making its way back to the first target and then just starts over the same rotation of people.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Tab targeting cycles through all the targets in your PoV. So if you start on the first target that has the dot on it, tabbing just cycles through the other guys there before making its way back to the first target and then just starts over the same rotation of people.
    But I would never have tab-targeted the enemy that the DoT spread to.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I would never have tab-targeted the enemy that the DoT spread to.
    Okay, but do you start tab targeting form the person you have the dot on? It doesn't matter how you selected him. If theres a group of 4 mobs, and you click 1 of them (whether on a boss raid frame or actually click their character) and cast PtW on them. And then you start tabbing through the group, you will tab through the other 3 first before you reach the first person you initially clicked. And then if you continue to tab through those 4 enemies, you will select them in the same order you did the first time (assuming no one moved, haven't pulled more mobs etc).

Deleted
    So as I was saying, say there's 5 enemies and I select one. I cast PTW on them and then Penance, spreading it. Then the next 3 tabs are on enemies that have no PTW ticking on them, even though I never ever targeted the one to whom the PTW first spread to.

This has happened like 10+ times in a row so it's pretty weird if it's just chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm strange. Idk I've never noticed that before but I guess I'll look for it tonight.

Due to changes in the underlying UI mechanics for nameplates, it's now possible to write UI mods that create multi-enemy unit frames. EnemyGrid is one such example and you may find it more functional than simply tabbing through.

However, note that it's still based on nameplates so you don't get unit frames for mobs outside your viewing field.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    Due to changes in the underlying UI mechanics for nameplates, it's now possible to write UI mods that create multi-enemy unit frames. EnemyGrid is one such example and you may find it more functional than simply tabbing through.

However, note that it's still based on nameplates so you don't get unit frames for mobs outside your viewing field.
    Thanks for this tip.

So I am just wondering if anybody has worked on any numerical stat weights. It would be nice to know how some stats weight against others in deciding what piece is actually better. I know most people will just say "its prepatch it does not matter blah blah content does not matter". That may be true, but it is nice to have a solid understanding of how to pin pieces against eachother. For example

I currently Have a 745 Belt Vs 730 Belt
    366 int 318 int
    285 mast 186 crit
    202 haste 303 haste

Now I know most of you will say it does not matter its prepatch. But I would like to know how I will be weighing stuff for picking gear in legion. Now is the 745 better due to the 48 intellect gain over the 730? Or is the 101 haste/186 crit going to outweight the int loss and be better because of the mastery on the 745.

So I am just curious if there has been any type of calculations done for stat weighing or anything?

With the new way disc is working, you want to stack haste. Haste brings down the gcd of your spells, which means more PW:S, more ticks on your PtW/SW:P and more attacks from your mindbender. I removed all my mastery gems and enchants and went to haste.

You always, always want more intellect, that's the base of your spell power and thus gives you more powerful heals. The more, the better!

Crit is very good, but one thing to note is that you can't double-dip into atonement healing. Atonement heals don't "crit", but when the damage you are doing does crit, the crit amount is what goes into atonement healing.

Mastery on the other hand just increases the amount of healing through atonement with absolution. But it does not have an effect with your normal healing or bubbles.

Versatility is just a general increase in the healing that you do and reduces the damage that you take.

The way I do my priority is Haste > Crit > Mastery=Vers
    Stay weird. Stay strong and beautiful. It's those uniquenesses, those things that make us different that makes us powerful. Live to defy.

Deleted
    So for pre-patch, 1100 rating of crit = 10% increase in healing and damage

1100 rating of haste = 11% increase in healing and damage and also helps with atonement and pws cooldown etc. so it obviously is best

1100 rating of mastery = 14% increase in the effect of the mastery. So 44.8% atonement healing becomes 50.1% atonement healing or an increase of around 11.8%.

Mastery is so bad I cannot comprehend why they went with such low scaling for it. Only around half of your healing is Atonement healing anyway so it only increases your healing by like 5.9% here. The other secondary stats actually increase your healing by almost double that because they increase your damage.

Mastery's scaling needs to be at least 2x what it is for it to be a passable stat and it'll likely still be the lowest priority. It doesn't affect the damage, after all.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-08-03 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    So I am just wondering if anybody has worked on any numerical stat weights. It would be nice to know how some stats weight against others in deciding what piece is actually better. I know most people will just say "its prepatch it does not matter blah blah content does not matter". That may be true, but it is nice to have a solid understanding of how to pin pieces against eachother. For example

I currently Have a 745 Belt Vs 730 Belt
    366 int 318 int
    285 mast 186 crit
    202 haste 303 haste

Now I know most of you will say it does not matter its prepatch. But I would like to know how I will be weighing stuff for picking gear in legion. Now is the 745 better due to the 48 intellect gain over the 730? Or is the 101 haste/186 crit going to outweight the int loss and be better because of the mastery on the 745.

So I am just curious if there has been any type of calculations done for stat weighing or anything?
    If you're asking about 110 calculations, the short answer is "higher ilevel". Secondary stat scaling changes at 110 mean the int gains outweigh any possible secondary stats. Then just use the "Haste > Crit > Mastery/Vers" convention to weigh items of the same ilevel.

There may be a few exceptions with rings/neck (no int) and maybe a mastery/vers piece that's 5 ilevels higher than a haste/crit piece but those situations are really rare with the titanforging. Unless you're at the super bleeding edge and unlikely to find items that are actually ilevel upgrades it's not something that you're likely to run into.

Yeah, in general, higher int trumps any difference in secondary stats. For the most part, you'll want to just go with the highest ilvl gear you have, because it'll provide the most int.

Though if it's only a small ilvl difference, then the one with the better secondary stats might be better.

Like...a 700 ilvl Haste/Crit will definitely be better than a 705 ilvl Mast/Vers, but a 720ilvl Mast/Crit would be better than either of them.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-04 at 01:41 AM.